Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Premier Survey

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Out of probably the last 10x 777 flights I've had one only used the duvet on probably one or two occasions due to the heating being cranked up so hot meaning it's unnecessary!
Totally. I'd pay extra for a fan in my seat.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I'm looking forward to spending a few extra grand for a "more premium blanket"...
Most idiotic survey ever... they even got "different" wrong and wrote it as "difference". You don't need to be in the first row to be willing to buy a "more premium blanket." lol
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Out of probably the last 10x 777 flights I've had one only used the duvet on probably one or two occasions due to the heating being cranked up so hot meaning it's unnecessary!
Maybe it is a blanket with cooling elements in it?
sbiddle likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Maybe it is a blanket with cooling elements in it?
If so, they should advertise it in their inflight safety videos!
Old Nov 2, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
I am trying to fix things.
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
JFK , ma puce? Wishful thinking on your part, perhaps :-) I know it would be more convenient for you than EWR, but hlas , non.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Chessboxin
Agreed. They're trying to see what they can get away with charging for. All of these options seem to already be in place with the current seat.
NZ is asking for feedback on their new, as-yet-unlaunched new BP product for which regular BP will not have companion dining and other stated elements while the likely mini-cabin (first row) BP+ will. And yes, they’ll be charging a supplement for it.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
NZ is asking for feedback on their new, as-yet-unlaunched new BP product for which regular BP will not have companion dining and other stated elements while the likely mini-cabin (first row) BP+ will. And yes, theyll be charging a supplement for it.
Do you have a source for this or is it opinion?

The survey is so poorly worded I can't tell but I'm leaning towards them trying to generate additional revenue by charging more for the front row of current BP.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
There's no way anyone in their right mind would pay more for the front row of the current BP product, they're some of the worst seats in the cabin!
Old Nov 12, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by samyoull
There's no way anyone in their right mind would pay more for the front row of the current BP product, they're some of the worst seats in the cabin!
Don't be like that. If you want to stay awake they're the best seats you can get!
samyoull likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Chessboxin
Do you have a source for this or is it opinion?

The survey is so poorly worded I can't tell but I'm leaning towards them trying to generate additional revenue by charging more for the front row of current BP.
A combination of the two.

From the survey:
  • More legroom
  • You can have a shared dining experience
  • It's more private than out other seats on the plane, in that no one looks into your space.
Given that the current product offers shared dining and that it’s not possible to provide “more legroom” or “more privacy” to the current row 1, and also given NZ is assessing new C seats that would allow for a C+ first row that provides all 3 of those unique features, it’s quite obvious their plan. The unique BP+ product would differentiate itself from nearly all other carriers serving NZ and might attract from QF a pax or two, given QF’s phase out of F. Even a pax or two each day is $$$.

I predict they’ll name the surcharged product “Business Premier Plus”.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Won't any of these 'benefits' disappear if they simply copy QF/CX etc seating? Being at the front or back is largely irrelevant on those carriers, unless NZ plan not to invest in the premium product and just let the existing product limp along.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
NZ have to invest in a new product still as it's needed for the 787-10 in late 2022
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: NZ*E
Thinking back on the survey, and particularly the
last part where some 36 different scenarios were presented, I don't think any of them were personally classed as being better than the present scheme. Most were worse, one or two were much the same. I think airpoints members could be in for a shock.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Agreeing to a confidentiality condition excludes talking about specifics, I assume. Most of the options I identified indicated worse conditions than current for benefits I don't need.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Some more conjecture here re: those points raised in the survey: https://onemileatatime.com/air-new-zealand-new-business-class-seat/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.