Wiki Posts
Search

Business Premier Survey

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Business Premier Survey

Not sure if anyone else received the survey today. Obviously NZ is looking at making a slight change to the product.

Air New Zealand is always looking to improve our customers' experience and today we have a few questions about our business premier cabins.

There is the option to enhance the experience for those that booking the front row in business premier.

What will be difference about the front row vs. the rest in business premier?
  • More legroom
  • You can have a shared dining experience
  • It's more private than out other seats on the plane, in that no one looks into your space
  • A more premium blanket
Based on just the above information, what name would you give this front row in business class?

Air NZ have come up with a few names for this front row in business. What are your initial thoughts/reactions to?
  • Business Premier Retreat
  • Business Premier Plus
  • Business Premier Deluxe
  • Business Premier Alcove
Please tell us how appealing you find each option.

Overall, which name do you like best to describe this first row in business?
  • Business Premier Deluxe
  • Business Premier Alcove
  • Business Premier Retreat
  • Violet Suite
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No DYKWIA option for name?
robbau likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking forward to spending a few extra grand for a "more premium blanket"...
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
New cost cutting measure? Only upgrade a few seats in every plane?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Seems like a waste of time to me. Does NZ have a big enough market to further segment a single Business Class product?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Seems like a waste of time to me. Does NZ have a big enough market to further segment a single Business Class product?
I don't think it will have too much of an effect on their product offering. By the sounds of it, it will only be the front row of Business Premier (so only 4 seats on a 777) and will be more of a First Class-lite service - same meals, lounge access etc as Business Premier but more privacy, "more premium blanket" etc.

I suspect that this would appeal to the US and Asian markets. If they offered the upgrade as a nominal fee of say $500.00 per sector then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to do quite well out of it.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Next they will be charging for seat select in J...

Then again they are now run by the ex-WallMart CEO, maybe they could do an Co-Lab with WallMart for there new J Product.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I don't think it will have too much of an effect on their product offering. By the sounds of it, it will only be the front row of Business Premier (so only 4 seats on a 777) and will be more of a First Class-lite service - same meals, lounge access etc as Business Premier but more privacy, "more premium blanket" etc.

I suspect that this would appeal to the US and Asian markets. If they offered the upgrade as a nominal fee of say $500.00 per sector then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to do quite well out of it.
I assume this will be the new Business cabin not the current product as currently you can dine with another person in every seat.

Yes, on paper it would generate more ancillary revenue but what happens when no one pays for it on a given flight and 4 pax could potentially be getting it for free. Some airlines already offer standard Business Class with doors so I am not sure how private this first row can get unless they pull a QR Suite thing but then again with NZ's size is it really necessary. Seems more trouble operationally than it's worth.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: NZ *E
"It's more private than out other seats on the plane, in that no one looks into your space"

Hmmm.. doesn't sound like a very exciting/competitive new Business Premier product given privacy with doors on all seats in a cabin seems to be the current trend across most airlines new seating launches.
Beckett66 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:43 am

More privacy seems to be the standard and with their new seat need to match the trends not be behind the curve.

Not being able to dine together would be a step backwards surely don't want to move backwards?

A premium blanket seems so token it is almost offensive?
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit

Not being able to dine together would be a step backwards surely don't want to move backwards?
There are not a lot of business or first seats out there that allow this. So many of the haters on here who insist that the Air NZ BP is the world plane seat in the world completely ignore aspects of the seat such as this which is loved by a lot of people. NZers aren't big on dining together on flights, but certainly Asian and US passengers love that aspect of the seat.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I haven't got this - but did get two surveys last week. One about what I think are good and bad about current benefits supplied with Airpoints Credit Cards and another big one about the Airpoints program overall. Seems like some big changes coming (as per suggestions with the focus groups they recently did).
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
My guess is that they've decided to go with the Vantage XL seat (same as QF) and will be installing the first row with Vantage First seats as the "enhanced" C+ offering (ie, same C class food/bev). https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating.../vantagefirst/

I assume, given the high shares of leisure pax (couples) in C, they'll be doing the honeymoon config for the rest of C: https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating-range/vantagexl/

I doubt they'll do doors in C (or even C+) given the C pax are majority high-yield leisure, Kiwis being a pretty social lot, and the added expense (weight and maintenance) of having the doors.
samyoull and yourethegoose like this.

Last edited by SFO_FT; Oct 21, 2020 at 10:24 pm
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
I don't think I've ever been asked to participate in one of these surveys, despite being Elite for 8 years and flying exclusively business or premium economy. Granted, it will be quite a long time before I get to fly NZ again.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
My guess is that they've decided to go with the Vantage XL seat (same as QF) and will be installing the first row with Vantage First seats as the "enhanced" C+ offering (ie, same C class food/bev). https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating.../vantagefirst/

I assume, given the high shares of leisure pax (couples) in C, they'll be doing the honeymoon config for the rest of C: https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating-range/vantagexl/

I doubt they'll do doors in C (or even C+) given the C pax are majority high-yield leisure, Kiwis being a pretty social lot, and the added expense (weight and maintenance) of having the doors.
If they do the Vantage XL and keep the current mattress topper I will be VERY happy
samyoull likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.