Business Premier Survey

Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:59 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 918
Business Premier Survey

Not sure if anyone else received the survey today. Obviously NZ is looking at making a slight change to the product.

Air New Zealand is always looking to improve our customers' experience and today we have a few questions about our business premier cabins.

There is the option to enhance the experience for those that booking the front row in business premier.

What will be difference about the front row vs. the rest in business premier?
  • More legroom
  • You can have a shared dining experience
  • It's more private than out other seats on the plane, in that no one looks into your space
  • A more premium blanket
Based on just the above information, what name would you give this front row in business class?

Air NZ have come up with a few names for this front row in business. What are your initial thoughts/reactions to?
  • Business Premier Retreat
  • Business Premier Plus
  • Business Premier Deluxe
  • Business Premier Alcove
Please tell us how appealing you find each option.

Overall, which name do you like best to describe this first row in business?
  • Business Premier Deluxe
  • Business Premier Alcove
  • Business Premier Retreat
  • Violet Suite
LyingFlat is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2020, 6:42 pm
  #2  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: on a short leash
Programs: some
Posts: 71,423
No DYKWIA option for name?
robbau likes this.
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:59 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 918
I'm looking forward to spending a few extra grand for a "more premium blanket"...
LyingFlat is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:22 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 6,181
New cost cutting measure? Only upgrade a few seats in every plane?
sbiddle is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:04 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Posts: 3,635
Seems like a waste of time to me. Does NZ have a big enough market to further segment a single Business Class product?
Xiaotung is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:30 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 918
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Seems like a waste of time to me. Does NZ have a big enough market to further segment a single Business Class product?
I don't think it will have too much of an effect on their product offering. By the sounds of it, it will only be the front row of Business Premier (so only 4 seats on a 777) and will be more of a First Class-lite service - same meals, lounge access etc as Business Premier but more privacy, "more premium blanket" etc.

I suspect that this would appeal to the US and Asian markets. If they offered the upgrade as a nominal fee of say $500.00 per sector then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to do quite well out of it.
LyingFlat is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:32 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: NZ Koru
Posts: 6,420
Next they will be charging for seat select in J...

Then again they are now run by the ex-WallMart CEO, maybe they could do an Co-Lab with WallMart for there new J Product.
cavemanzk is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2020, 9:44 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Posts: 3,635
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I don't think it will have too much of an effect on their product offering. By the sounds of it, it will only be the front row of Business Premier (so only 4 seats on a 777) and will be more of a First Class-lite service - same meals, lounge access etc as Business Premier but more privacy, "more premium blanket" etc.

I suspect that this would appeal to the US and Asian markets. If they offered the upgrade as a nominal fee of say $500.00 per sector then I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to do quite well out of it.
I assume this will be the new Business cabin not the current product as currently you can dine with another person in every seat.

Yes, on paper it would generate more ancillary revenue but what happens when no one pays for it on a given flight and 4 pax could potentially be getting it for free. Some airlines already offer standard Business Class with doors so I am not sure how private this first row can get unless they pull a QR Suite thing but then again with NZ's size is it really necessary. Seems more trouble operationally than it's worth.
Xiaotung is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2020, 10:57 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: NZ *E
Posts: 349
"It's more private than out other seats on the plane, in that no one looks into your space"

Hmmm.. doesn't sound like a very exciting/competitive new Business Premier product given privacy with doors on all seats in a cabin seems to be the current trend across most airlines new seating launches.
Beckett66 likes this.
samjnz is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:43 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,674
More privacy seems to be the standard and with their new seat need to match the trends not be behind the curve.

Not being able to dine together would be a step backwards surely don't want to move backwards?

A premium blanket seems so token it is almost offensive?
nzkarit is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:25 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand (most of the time)
Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Posts: 6,181
Originally Posted by nzkarit

Not being able to dine together would be a step backwards surely don't want to move backwards?
There are not a lot of business or first seats out there that allow this. So many of the haters on here who insist that the Air NZ BP is the world plane seat in the world completely ignore aspects of the seat such as this which is loved by a lot of people. NZers aren't big on dining together on flights, but certainly Asian and US passengers love that aspect of the seat.
sbiddle is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2020, 7:31 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Posts: 1,777
I haven't got this - but did get two surveys last week. One about what I think are good and bad about current benefits supplied with Airpoints Credit Cards and another big one about the Airpoints program overall. Seems like some big changes coming (as per suggestions with the focus groups they recently did).
NZ_Flyer is offline  
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:51 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Posts: 3,448
My guess is that they've decided to go with the Vantage XL seat (same as QF) and will be installing the first row with Vantage First seats as the "enhanced" C+ offering (ie, same C class food/bev). https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating.../vantagefirst/

I assume, given the high shares of leisure pax (couples) in C, they'll be doing the honeymoon config for the rest of C: https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating-range/vantagexl/

I doubt they'll do doors in C (or even C+) given the C pax are majority high-yield leisure, Kiwis being a pretty social lot, and the added expense (weight and maintenance) of having the doors.
samyoull and yourethegoose like this.

Last edited by SFO_FT; Oct 21, 2020 at 10:24 pm
SFO_FT is offline  
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:39 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: SEA
Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Posts: 657
I don't think I've ever been asked to participate in one of these surveys, despite being Elite for 8 years and flying exclusively business or premium economy. Granted, it will be quite a long time before I get to fly NZ again.
SeaProf is offline  
Old Oct 22, 2020, 3:00 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Posts: 1,777
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
My guess is that they've decided to go with the Vantage XL seat (same as QF) and will be installing the first row with Vantage First seats as the "enhanced" C+ offering (ie, same C class food/bev). https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating.../vantagefirst/

I assume, given the high shares of leisure pax (couples) in C, they'll be doing the honeymoon config for the rest of C: https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating-range/vantagexl/

I doubt they'll do doors in C (or even C+) given the C pax are majority high-yield leisure, Kiwis being a pretty social lot, and the added expense (weight and maintenance) of having the doors.
If they do the Vantage XL and keep the current mattress topper I will be VERY happy
samyoull likes this.
NZ_Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.