Refunds due other travel restrictions

Old May 7, 20, 6:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by dancingfan View Post
Many thanks for your reply. My outbound flights are no longer showing on the Singapore Airlines flight schedule for June. At present, they are not sending any flights to NZ at all. In your opinion, does this indicate that the flights are cancelled or will I be officially notified by the airline?

Also, would my flights from Singapore to Auckland (and Auckland to Singapore) be covered by EU261?

Many thanks for your advice - I really appreciate it.
You will need to check directly with Air NZ to see if it showing as cancelled in their system (SQ may not have sent the cancellation message to them yet). If it is, you are eligible for a full refund of the entire itinerary.
Old May 7, 20, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by LyingFlat View Post
You will need to check directly with Air NZ to see if it showing as cancelled in their system (SQ may not have sent the cancellation message to them yet). If it is, you are eligible for a full refund of the entire itinerary.
Thank you very much for getting back to me. I will certainly try that. One more question for you if I may?! What would the position be if my outward flights were cancelled but my return flights were still going ahead? Would I be able to claim a refund for all four flights?
Many thanks in anticipation.
Old May 7, 20, 1:06 pm

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dancingfan View Post
Thank you very much for getting back to me. I will certainly try that. One more question for you if I may?! What would the position be if my outward flights were cancelled but my return flights were still going ahead? Would I be able to claim a refund for all four flights?
Many thanks in anticipation.
Yes if all on a single PNR (ticket).
Old May 7, 20, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Yes if all on a single PNR (ticket).
Many thanks!
Old May 10, 20, 5:58 pm

Where can credits be seen? I was told I was receiving some but as far as I know I have no visibility of amount or how to use them.
Old May 10, 20, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by prp343 View Post
Where can credits be seen? I was told I was receiving some but as far as I know I have no visibility of amount or how to use them.
Early June for web site functionality apparently.
Old Jul 28, 20, 8:39 pm

Programs: NZ *G, Qantas Gold
Just thought I would update with a refund being successfully, albeit taking a long time, completed. I had booked two trips, one for myself and the other my parents, different PNRs but largely same flights and dates. MEL-AKL-YVR-AKL-MEL departing 31 July. One PNR was in J class and the other in A - both paid with cash.

I requested a refund of the flights on the 24th May, rang twice following that to be told someone would get back to me, and lastly on the 17 July I rang and finally got someone to process the refunds which appeared on my CC on the 22 July. Charged a cancellation fee of $600 for the J fare and $300 each pax on the A fares.

A little disappointed I couldn't even keep the cancellation fees in credit to use for flights at a later date if I had left the full amount in credit. However the amount of money tied up with them for a number of years isn't worth it!

Search this Thread