Search

Several Credits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2020, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand
Several Credits

Hey Team,

I am very sorry if this has already been touched upon in other threads, I did have a glance, but didnt see anything.

My question is, for the month of April, I have had to cancel over 16 flights bookings. This has left me with 16 lots of credit. The question I have is, even though these credits will be under different PNR numbers, can I apply several different credits to a new single booking? Eg 2x$150 credits applied to a $300 flight??

Apologies again if this has already been touched upon elsewhere
Old Apr 13, 2020, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Good question. I had four separate booking for the one set of flights and was told that each booking (i.e. six letter code) was given a separate non-combinable credit. To be clear this was for international travel so not sure if domestic travel is different.

Best of luck!

Originally Posted by HighFlyingKiwi
Hey Team,

I am very sorry if this has already been touched upon in other threads, I did have a glance, but didnt see anything.

My question is, for the month of April, I have had to cancel over 16 flights bookings. This has left me with 16 lots of credit. The question I have is, even though these credits will be under different PNR numbers, can I apply several different credits to a new single booking? Eg 2x$150 credits applied to a $300 flight??

Apologies again if this has already been touched upon elsewhere
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:33 pm

Also not splitable.

Though their emails have alluded to an online way to redeem so may be they include a way to split and merge in future.

Guess worthwhile everyone who has multiple credits suggests the ability to merge and split would be a nice feature. As if have a Long Haul flight credit, the world being in a state to book LH in a years time may still be iffy so could lose it if can't split.

Suggest on twitter, Greg Foran posted his email recentlyish, elite inbox.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:28 pm

AirNZ are yet to really release any details around how credits can be used, there is plenty of piece meal bits and pieces of differing can and cannots.

They really need to get something together and provide the conditions of the credits since they are handing them out far and wide but without any clear guidelines for redemption. Perhaps that is by design......
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
They haven't released any details yet but I expect they haven't had time to work out the details.

We have quite a few credits with more to come. They really need to come up with a flexible way of being able to use them.

To me the simple solution would be to add them to our Airpoints accounts. But then they would have to give Status Point earning on Airpoints purchased fares.
Beano likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: NZ *G
For me, the flexibility needs to mean they can be spent like APD - maybe not in the Air Points store though (although why not?). In particular, passengers should be allowed to combine multiple credits together or use part only of a credit and retain the balance. I see this as quid pro quo for taking a credit, especially as I’ve never seen anything in the Conditions of Carriage to give Air NZ the right to put limits on the credit.

Otherwise, if Air NZ wants to say it’s a like for like booking swap only then it needs to allow rebooking regardless of what ticket classes and fares are now available. We all know Air NZ won’t want that.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
And hopefully credits can be used on combo journeys with partners airlines. For example if you accept a credit for a cancelled NZ flight all the way to LHR and still want to go there, your only option is with a NZ flight to Asia or North America then a Star Alliance flight onwards. Be a bit worthless if you couldn’t use a credit for the same journey.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Alternative route to London

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
And hopefully credits can be used on combo journeys with partners airlines. For example if you accept a credit for a cancelled NZ flight all the way to LHR and still want to go there, your only option is with a NZ flight to Asia or North America then a Star Alliance flight onwards. Be a bit worthless if you couldn’t use a credit for the same journey.
Has Airnz offered an alternative route to London on cancelation of NZ 2 and NZ 1 or only a credit ?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Beano
Has Airnz offered an alternative route to London on cancelation of NZ 2 and NZ 1 or only a credit ?
Friends of mine have been offered credit only for June travel, all sectors cancelled. No alternative route/carrier on the table
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
That apparently is possible. I asked about my credits and was told they can be used for any new itineraries. Not a lot of restrictions as they can re-route you or even change the destination. The only was you cannot change the country of origin due to the currency held on credit.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:22 pm

My partner tried to use her credits yesterday (she has permission to travel). She had two credits for WLG-ZQN cancelled flights. He trip next week is ZQN-CHC. She was told by the Air New Zealand call centre that she could only apply the credits to future WLG-ZQN flights.

If this stands there will be an uproar. I have credits for 19 cancelled bookings. I want to be able to use those combined credits to pay for any Air New Zealand travel I choose. If I can only apply the credits for each of those 19 cancelled bookings to new bookings that are exactly the same routes, they will be mostly useless.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Steve Rylands
My partner tried to use her credits yesterday (she has permission to travel). She had two credits for WLG-ZQN cancelled flights. He trip next week is ZQN-CHC. She was told by the Air New Zealand call centre that she could only apply the credits to future WLG-ZQN flights.

If this stands there will be an uproar. I have credits for 19 cancelled bookings. I want to be able to use those combined credits to pay for any Air New Zealand travel I choose. If I can only apply the credits for each of those 19 cancelled bookings to new bookings that are exactly the same routes, they will be mostly useless.
Thats incorrect based on the email I got yesterday with AirNZ touting they have improved the credit policy for extra flexibility -
  • Extended to 30 June 2021 before expiring
  • 12 months to complete travel from the time of booking
  • Credit use is not restricted to the same route or type of journey that was originally booked
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:15 pm

Yes I had seen that email. This episode shows that they are all over the place when it comes to policy around the credits. Then they need to create an easy way to access them online. Which may not be straightforward. They could convert them to Airpoints, but then you would miss out on the status points from the flights. If they don't sort this they will lose a lot of goodwill when we start flying again.
Beano likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
credits redeemed on digital platform

Looks like there is a digital platform on its way to redeem credits. @camwallace indicates there will be the ability to consolidate and split credits for any destination etc.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Looks like there is a digital platform on its way to redeem credits. @camwallace indicates there will be the ability to consolidate and split credits for any destination etc.
What some airlines refer to as a travel bank. Can be a good simple system.

Example VA--> https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...s/travel-bank/
Virgin Australia Travel Bank
Travel Bank is an account that allows you to hold your travel credits with Virgin Australia in one place.

The Benefits of Travel Bank
Virgin Australia Travel Bank allows you to:
  • Book eligible flights and holiday packages using your credits. Some exclusions apply, see the Travel Bank Terms and Conditions.
  • Pool your travel credits – every time you receive a travel credit you can combine your travel credits into one Travel Bank up to a total of AU$4,999 (excluding corporate benefit and reward travel credits).
  • Manage your travel credits – an online login enables you to access your full account history and keep track of your travel credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.