Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air Nz offering 'Change Flexibility', but only for new bookings.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Nz offering 'Change Flexibility', but only for new bookings.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by Erasmus III
I was supposed to be flying in J from WLG-AKL-SIN-FRA-CDG in May, all on an NZ ticket. SQ cancelled my SIN-FRA flight yesterday. I’ve yet to hear anything from NZ, but would this be grounds to ask for a full refund if I refuse any alternate routing or timings?

On my way back to NZ, I’m flying HKG-AKL-WLG, but on a separate ticket to my outbound flight. I booked this in PE and got a successful RU to J. Can I ask NZ to refund this too, on the basis that I’m not going to be in HKG because the rest of my itinerary is dependent on getting to Europe in the first place?
2 x 1 way tickets. You will probably struggle to get any traction on Air NZ for refunding the return.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
QF offering TT refunds now. via. a very easy to fill in online application. Confirmation and refund come through to cc within one hour.

No need to call.
Beano likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No. Nothing to stop people travelling on Air NZ. Indeed many NZ citizens and residents will want to travel, then do the 14 days self isolation. For visitors I expect the NZ Government is hoping they will not travel. But you can fly Air NZ if you want to.
I think the ‘many’ may be an exaggeration. Given the number of cancellations which are almost certain and the fact that NZ and other airlines won’t want to fly planes with 20% loadings I can see many routes being suspended indefinitely.

Most people won’t want to risk being stuck overseas and there will be a significant risk of that happening as flights are cancelled or routes are suspended.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:00 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Self isolation 14 days

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No. Nothing to stop people travelling on Air NZ. Indeed many NZ citizens and residents will want to travel, then do the 14 days self isolation. For visitors I expect the NZ Government is hoping they will not travel. But you can fly Air NZ if you want to.
i wonder if the "Airnz system " will catch them at the airport check-in and say "you cannot fly today " ?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hector99
QF offering TT refunds now. via. a very easy to fill in online application. Confirmation and refund come through to cc within one hour.

No need to call.
That is a good method.

Though if AirNZ did similar, I guess a few people here would have the Kiwibank AP CC and seeing that changed recently from MasterCard to Visa how will the refunds work? Seeing the card which booked flights on was the MasterCard and for me that number/card expired around the start of the month.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by nzkarit
That is a good method.

Though if AirNZ did similar, I guess a few people here would have the Kiwibank AP CC and seeing that changed recently from MasterCard to Visa how will the refunds work? Seeing the card which booked flights on was the MasterCard and for me that number/card expired around the start of the month.
They would still be linked. No different if you replace your credit card.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The question now is that this must be spent as one amount rather than split. I don't have a credit of $2100 dollars to divide into 21 x $100 domestic trips. Is it possible to do a massive multistop domestic trip to 'use' this? Booking a year in advance long haul in the current climate is unwise but I still have domestic flying.
Electronic tickets have a limitation in that they cannot have the same route in the same direction more than once on a single ticket.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints Elite/*A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Accor ALL Diamond
The CSR this morning was convinced that Star Alliance reward bookings couldn't be refunded.
That’s nonsense of course. Any Star Alliance reward booking can be cancelled at rather favourable conditions. I’ve done this many times in the past. I think it costs A$ 50.00 and the remaining Airpoints (and all taxes) will be refunded to your account. Trying to find the exact fare rules, but they aren’t included on either of my future reward bookings. If anyone has them handy, can you attach them here? Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by adventure_seeker
That’s nonsense of course. Any Star Alliance reward booking can be cancelled at rather favourable conditions. I’ve done this many times in the past. I think it costs A$ 50.00 and the remaining Airpoints (and all taxes) will be refunded to your account. Trying to find the exact fare rules, but they aren’t included on either of my future reward bookings. If anyone has them handy, can you attach them here? Thanks.
Really?! Thanks. That would have been better. Id lose the APD 50 for the flexibility of not having to book within the next 4 months. I will call once the initial hullabaloo settles.
And if anyone has the *A reward rules for refunds then yes please attach!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:56 am

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airp...amme-fee-chart
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD

No need to call.
What does this mean, TT refunds?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:43 pm

Refunds for trans-Tasman (Australia to/from New Zealand) sectors.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: NZ *G, AS 75K
I know this was stupid, but I booked via GoToGate and FlightNetwork (was a solid $100 cheaper, so took at the gamble), and they're obviously not picking up the phone. Any ideas of Air NZ can take over the PNR and refund? I know highly unlikely as FlightNetwork was the merchant of record on my credit card. Booked on 7th March. Flight is departing this Saturday.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Nope, they will not touch it. I have at this point stopped booking any travel through third party websites and exclusively book direct.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
The issue I foresee is that Air NZ will have to be very strict on who they give refunds to vs travel credit. They have basically no incoming cash at the moment, so the more cash they refund...I don’t think any of us here need to be told that it’s cash flow that’ll cause the problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.