Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding with known mechanical

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ EP
Boarding with known mechanical

Flew Nadi to Akl on Saturday arvo, NZ53.
Initially delayed 50 mins, so a fair wait to start.

What got our goat though was that only after approx 15 mins post boarding were we told that there was an issue with the front tyre and ground crew were sorting it. On boarding we had noted the new tyre on the dolly and 5-6 ground crew staring intently at the nose gear...so, not a surprise. All up, about an extra hour after boarding did we depart.

Question, what is the reasoning for boarding a 773 full of pax knowing they will be stewing for an hour on the tarmac? With a fair proportion of kids and infants (and their parents) getting tetchy, it would have been nice to stay in the terminal.

Of course with the flight arriving 2 hours late, we missed the slot and got the dreaded bus...bonus points for maximum crank!

*rant over
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Emptied the Koru Lounge?😀
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:15 am
Original Poster

I know right, my thoughts exactly!

50 pax in koru, 200 plus in terminal??
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:47 am

Think you answered your own question by saying bus to a hard stand on the apron.

When everyone is on the plane you know where they are and can close the door and get going straight away.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Think you answered your own question by saying bus to a hard stand on the apron.

When everyone is on the plane you know where they are and can close the door and get going straight away.
sorry, the bus was at AKL, at end of flight.

They knew where we all were, i.e in the Nadi terminal, why put us into the plane for an hour with many pax getting tetchy?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gasfoodlodging

sorry, the bus was at AKL, at end of flight.

They knew where we all were, i.e in the Nadi terminal, why put us into the plane for an hour with many pax getting tetchy?
May be when they started boarding it was scheduled to be faster and found something else along the way that took longer?

Crew may have also been nearing time so wanted to get away quickly once ready?

Did you ask the people there why? As none of is actually know.
Outbound24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.