Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Recognition upgrades - will they disappear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recognition upgrades - will they disappear?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There are significant numbers of RUs that are unused, but I've been told in the past they're mostly Silver and Gold members. Redemption rates for Elite's are very high, either being used by the Elite or being gifted. I've gifted RU's and know plenty of other Elite's who have do it regularly.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:47 am

I lost half a dozen or so by assuming my travel agent booked flights were in ineligible fare classes or something because it wouldn't let me use them online. Apparently I just needed to ring the call centre
Old May 16, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by sbiddle
There are significant numbers of RUs that are unused, but I've been told in the past they're mostly Silver and Gold members. Redemption rates for Elite's are very high, either being used by the Elite or being gifted. I've gifted RU's and know plenty of other Elite's who have do it regularly.
We try regularly to gift them to family, but with varied success. It's been interesting to read the recent post on ranking of upgrades. The only time it is reliably successful is when the family members are traveling with us. We don't often use them ourselves because mine is paid-for J, and when my wife is with me she is not keen on risking being in Y! Leisure travel is J because holidays are precious.
We try to use them by gifting them, but wish NZ would come up with an alternative benefit for when they can't be used..
poopbunny likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Upgrade risk

Originally Posted by edmm
We try regularly to gift them to family, but with varied success. It's been interesting to read the recent post on ranking of upgrades. The only time it is reliably successful is when the family members are traveling with us. We don't often use them ourselves because mine is paid-for J, and when my wife is with me she is not keen on risking being in Y! Leisure travel is J because holidays are precious.
We try to use them by gifting them, but wish NZ would come up with an alternative benefit for when they can't be used..
If you discuss the travel with the call centre they can advise you on the flights that confirmed upgrades are available.
Then there is no risk in being in Y and you can save some money by buying Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.