Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trent woes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by henrus
Someone has been forgetting to update the fleet page with all these new aircraft NZ is receiving... Don't worry Air NZ, I've got your back and I've done it for you

Obviously the above image is a joke and didn't make an appearance in this month magazine
The 787-9 count is wrong. You need to show 5 with no engines. The glider version.
Blackcloud, jawnbc, royng and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo

The 787-9 count is wrong. You need to show 5 with no engines. The glider version.
Haha, Is it actually five that are stuck without engines now?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Haha, Is it actually five that are stuck without engines now?
last weekend there was atlesst 5 789s all parked up at ANZES in AKL. A couple have even had there windows covered over, so hinting they will be there for a while.

The next ex-SQ 77E should be arriving shortly, will be an fun summer on the Tasman. Although maybe last summer was more fun, the 343 is for sure more rare in AKL now.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
The PE seats are the same - just different seat covers and soft-fittings.
You sure about that?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
NZ28 locked down for 7/10

Due to fly out on this on Sunday. Have noticed pre paid seating in PE has been changed fro A seat to E seat worst possible! No longer able to access booking.

Air NZ offering no comment or help. Says nothing they can do. TA indicated it looks to be an aircraft change from 787-9 to 777 something but nothing official yet.

Sucks as I usually get looked after pretty well as a GE that retains inside 3 months each year.

Air NZ says to see if I can be reseated at check in. Which just so happens I fly in on NZ268 on the same day as I fly out, so can check at Ho Chi Minh.

I do do have a elite A$ upgrade from PE to Business still pending.

Noticed this all 2 days ago. Traveling PE with 4 customers and 2 staff.

Bit it of a rant.

Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
NZ28 is still a 789 route at this stage but lots of Code 2 -> Code 1 aircraft swaps are occurring due to the 789 maintenance.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
You sure about that?
The current PE is made by RECARO - and basically just has an couple of airlines mods to the, CX also uses the same seat.

The model NZ uses is no-longer of RECARO website although this is the replacement model https://www.recaro-as.com/en/aircraf...ss/pl3530.html
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:49 am

As Air New Zealand's newest addition ZK-OKJ enters the fleet (arriving from Singapore in a few hours), I think it's important to update our KiaOra Fleet listing again for the month of October. This month the 787 flightless subfleet has also been added.

Blackcloud, poopbunny and 24left like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:36 am

How long till NZ sources an third 77E from SQ? Once CHC-SIN goes A350 at the end of the SQ should have another 77E up for grabs.

Seems like the short-term dry leases might be comming more long-term dry leasss? With the 787 issues not going anywhere quick, surely the mixed fleet is here to stay.

Just waiting for them to source some 3-4-3 Y seats for the ex-SQ birds.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 5:30 am

As Air New Zealand's newest addition ZK-OKJ enters the fleet (arriving from Singapore in a few hours), I think it's important to update our KiaOra Fleet listing again for the month of October. This month the 787 flightless subfleet has also been added.

The “max cruising speed” for the 787 sub fleet is more like 0 km:h.
24left likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo

The “max cruising speed” for the 787 sub fleet is more like 0 km:h.
yep very true...

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
How long till NZ sources an third 77E from SQ? Once CHC-SIN goes A350 at the end of the SQ should have another 77E up for grabs.

Seems like the short-term dry leases might be comming more long-term dry leasss? With the 787 issues not going anywhere quick, surely the mixed fleet is here to stay.

Just waiting for them to source some 3-4-3 Y seats for the ex-SQ birds.
I guess it depends on how long the SQ772's are going to stay. In both cabins the product is quite good except for the IFE which Air NZ could improve on by offering TV shows, music etc like SQ did with the exact same aircraft.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Took the family to Europe a year or so ago on the SQ 772 ex CHC in Y and it was 3-3-3 and a noteably better economy offering than NZs Y on its 777s, except as mentioned the older IFE on the 200. The 773 which we had SIN to LHR and FCO to SIN was a step up again with 3-3-3 and modern fit out and IFE, and for long haul was almost a pleasant Y experience.

Hard to imaging NZ really considering refitting to 3-4-3? But as suggested I guess it depends how long they expect them to be around and balancing refit costs with additional revenues over time.

Presumably RR will be in the sights for compensation for all this disruption, added cost, lost use of 787s etc?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:31 pm

NZ 3-4-3 must be terrible for you to use the word 'pleasant' with 3-3-3 Y

Originally Posted by ottiehund
Took the family to Europe a year or so ago on the SQ 772 ex CHC in Y and it was 3-3-3 and a noteably better economy offering than NZs Y on its 777s, except as mentioned the older IFE on the 200. The 773 which we had SIN to LHR and FCO to SIN was a step up again with 3-3-3 and modern fit out and IFE, and for long haul was almost a pleasant Y experience.

Hard to imaging NZ really considering refitting to 3-4-3? But as suggested I guess it depends how long they expect them to be around and balancing refit costs with additional revenues over time.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Eva 777 in J

Flew up to HNL on Wednesday night in J. There were no printed menus for dinner or breakfast. The Eva mattress pad was better than nothing, but nowhere nears as comfy as NZ's. IFE was dire...but was sleeping for most of it regardless.
In other words, not terrible, but also not great for NZ's rep.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jawnbc
....In other words, not terrible, but also not great for NZ's rep.
I'll make the assumption that it is far better for NZ to lease aircraft that can fly the routes NZ needs to fly and keep revenue coming in. We all know flightless birds don't make money for any airline.

Also, NZ isn't like BA with a "benefactor" like QR who is lending some aircraft with "nothing-like BA" cabins .

SQ and others are also unloading their older 380s. One of the early ones was just scrapped for bits. Hi-Fly took one IIRC. Anyway, these aircraft are not an option for many airlines and I'll assume the leasing companies aren't offering them for cheap.

(I often wonder what will become of all those parked aircraft in places like Victorville, CA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.