Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trent woes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I actually didn't think much of the story and it was poorly written in places. There is nothing in there that wasn't reported or publically known earlier this year.

What is big news is what is happening now with the groundings and effect on Air NZ as aircraft hit cycle limits.. but media aren't reporting that.
Media is still not picking it up but today's announcement from NZ seems to indicate a longer term for the fixes to come through.
To deliver greater schedule reliability for customers going forward, Air New Zealand will be leasing three widebody aircraft, two Boeing 777-200s and one Boeing 777-300, as well as making adjustments to its schedule as the airline continues to work through the maintenance requirements associated with the global Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engine issues.
So an additional 777-200 will be leased to cover the maintenance cycles as well.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Yip a 2nd ex SQ aircraft is coming (Oct from memory). This was announced a few weeks ago.

It's at least another year of Dreamliner issues, and that's with everybody hoping no further TEN issues are identified.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:53 am

Anyone flown on the EVA aircraft yet? I'd be keen to hear if how it was especially since the ZK-OKI experience was disappointing, to say the least (downgraded IFE with no moving map, stroppy crew, limited snacks, and other angry passengers).
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by henrus
Anyone flown on the EVA aircraft yet? I'd be keen to hear if how it was especially since the ZK-OKI experience was disappointing, to say the least (downgraded IFE with no moving map, stroppy crew, limited snacks, and other angry passengers).
I only know one person who has flown on it. Their view was the hard product was vastly superior to NZ in BP.

With 3-3-3 down the back it's hard to see why anybody wouldn't prefer this plane over a NZ 77W.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Based on the email we got from Air NZ, I thought we would be on it from AKL - > HNL on the 13th but flight radar is showing a 772 for that route/date now? Maybe on the way back home?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Interesting comments/details here

Selected NZ5/6 AKL-LAX from October 2018 now scheduled to be operated by EVA Air 777

Sep 05, 2018, 10:20 PM

https://www.ausbt.com.au/community/v...ted-by-eva-air
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by 24left
Interesting comments/details here

Selected NZ5/6 AKL-LAX from October 2018 now scheduled to be operated by EVA Air 777

Sep 05, 2018, 10:20 PM

https://www.ausbt.com.au/community/v...ted-by-eva-air
Ouch! That’s gonna hurt.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
FYI for anyone booked on the Eva equipment who's not been able to assign seats online. Two weeks ago I was able to pick seats AKL HNL for mid-October, but the return segment still indicated airport check-in only. However, when I tried to do a dummy booking I was given a live seat map for HNL AKL. Just rang NZ and it seems our original 787 seat assignments hadn't been removed from the booking. She sorted that we have our almighty aisles across (only sensible seating for two type-A men travelling in the back of the bus).

I had put two bids around NZD330 each for PE on the older equipment., But with 60+ PE seats on this aircraft I've lowered 'em to just over 200. If we get the "your bid is low" email we'll do a dummy booking and see if it's looking tight.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:47 pm

Anyone know what sort of J seats on the leased 777 200 they using on the Akl Rar routes from October? All they say is plane change
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Anyone know what sort of J seats on the leased 777 200 they using on the Akl Rar routes from October? All they say is plane change
There are photos already in this thread or one of the others.

The leased 777-200's are both ex SQ so have the 2006 J refurb - essentially the same seats a lot of the SQ 777 and A380 fleet have.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@henrus

I've been flying BR's 777s for 4 years, almost all TPAC long-haul (14-15 hour flights), plus some regional Asia/SE Asia

They have 3 variants. The Biz class seems the same on each of the 3. (I never checked which version I was on when I flew). Also note, no row numbered 4.

777-300ER - EVA Air | America

And here is an assortment of photos of my various seats on a range of flights.

Extremely comfortable in biz. I love their table format. Lots of space in the seat area as well as a lot of storage space and compartments.

I also have photos from the lavs. LOL, they were insanely spotless with nice amenities.

Finally, most of the food prep and snacks were done in the mid galley.

poopbunny likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:11 pm

Very nice. I prefer this to aisle facing herringbone.

Palette looks more regal and less sterile than NZ white. No chance of putting up with anyone's feet either.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by poopbunny
Very nice. I prefer this to aisle facing herringbone.

Palette looks more regal and less sterile than NZ white. No chance of putting up with anyone's feet either.
nor the very annoying LED reading light from the opposite row....
poopbunny likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:21 pm

I know somebody who's had the opportunity to look at the new BP seat that Air NZ are looking at. They can't say much about it but were very impressed by it. It will be a customised seat.
AviationNZ likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
We are booked NZ 19/18 LAX/RAR/LAX for mid and late November, in Business Premier.
Equipment changed to a leased aircraft, business class rows 11-18. https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...657.1536867696
We were booked in my favoured 7 A/B, moved to 17A 18D.

Reading up thread, a poster mentioned row 11 as preferable given extra leg room.

Is this seat map still correct? https://seatguru.com/airlines/Singap...200_ER_new.php
If yes, is Row 18 that far behind?

Does centre divider drop if we were to take two middle seats?

If travelling with your spouse who you wanted to chat with some of the time until you annoyed each other, which two seats would you pick?

The galley and bathroom do not bother me at all on the NZ 777's, not sure if this replacement aircraft offers the same degree of separation from in the last row.

Any first hand info and pics would be much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.