Search

Question re recognition upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold
Question re recognition upgrade

Hi all. This should be an easy one.

I am currently Silver but will be hitting gold fairly shortly. Today I bought a return trip to Sapporo. I have applied my silver RU voucher for the first leg of the trip.

I know that when you upgrade to Gold you lose the Silver RU if it hasn't been used. But I'm curious. Given I will upgrade to Gold well before I'm likely to hear whether my application has been successful, will I get it refunded to use another time or will it simply disappear?
Old May 29, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by kiwisflying
Hi all. This should be an easy one.

I am currently Silver but will be hitting gold fairly shortly. Today I bought a return trip to Sapporo. I have applied my silver RU voucher for the first leg of the trip.

I know that when you upgrade to Gold you lose the Silver RU if it hasn't been used. But I'm curious. Given I will upgrade to Gold well before I'm likely to hear whether my application has been successful, will I get it refunded to use another time or will it simply disappear?
It won't be refunded if it's unsuccessful.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: qf nz
My understanding is that if it is still pending (ie neither unsuccessful or confirmed) when you hit Gold, it will stay with the booking, and you will get your 2 new gold RUs. If it is successful, even after you have hit gold, the original silver one will be used.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
If you are booking Y-PE or PE-J, my recommendation is to apply on SIN-AKL leg because there is higher chance of that clearing. Far too many PE and J paying pax on the overnight trip. I'll ask again what the waitlist is on my next trip because the previous two attempts there were excess of double digits of requested RU's whilst at Koru.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: qf nz
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think it is a related question (mods please move if it isn't).

When does the status and when do the RUs expire. I am in the opposite situation to the OP. Currently Gold but will drop back to silver. My physical card says "EXP 08/17", My tier status was achieved on a flight on 30 July.

Do I remain Gold till the end of August ? More importantly, do the RUs remain alive until the end of August or do they need to be requested by 30 July ?
Old May 29, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold
Originally Posted by drajknox
It won't be refunded if it's unsuccessful.
Originally Posted by dadig
If you are booking Y-PE or PE-J, my recommendation is to apply on SIN-AKL leg because there is higher chance of that clearing. Far too many PE and J paying pax on the overnight trip. I'll ask again what the waitlist is on my next trip because the previous two attempts there were excess of double digits of requested RU's whilst at Koru.
Thanks for the responses.

I have applied for it on the AKL-NRT leg with the intention of applying one (or both) of my Gold RUs to the NRT-AKL one.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I beliwve you have status until 31 August, and your RUs can be applied until then (even if travel is for later).

Originally Posted by jaybeedee
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think it is a related question (mods please move if it isn't).

When does the status and when do the RUs expire. I am in the opposite situation to the OP. Currently Gold but will drop back to silver. My physical card says "EXP 08/17", My tier status was achieved on a flight on 30 July.

Do I remain Gold till the end of August ? More importantly, do the RUs remain alive until the end of August or do they need to be requested by 30 July ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.