Wiki Posts
Search

Queenstown Regional Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
Queenstown Regional Lounge

Does anyone else here find it a bit cheap that Queenstown is classed as a so called 'Regional Lounge' when it is a full International Airport?

It seems to me to be a way of limiting Guests in... which is pretty frustrating as an Elite member who lives in Queenstown and travels often for business.

Or, is it just me?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
It is a pretty small lounge.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
Nope... it's been made a lot bigger with the new space that they just moved into.

(Sitting here currently with dozens of empty seats...)
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ruff00
Does anyone else here find it a bit cheap that Queenstown is classed as a so called 'Regional Lounge' when it is a full International Airport?

It seems to me to be a way of limiting Guests in... which is pretty frustrating as an Elite member who lives in Queenstown and travels often for business.

Or, is it just me?
Small lounge even after the revamp, limited services, hardly any international flights... seems appropriate.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:55 pm

Where are most of the flights from? Domestic, I would think.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
I'd just be happy if it was airside.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:51 pm

So I'm in this lounge today. I'll be honest. It was not a pleasant experience. For a regional lounge, I was surprised to see two lounge hosts.

The attendants come around maybe once an hour to clear people's plates. They are very lazy. When they do, I'll echo everyone else saying they are leaving gunk on the plates. Gross!

The TV was working when we came in then later went through a dizzying number of stages where it gradually shut off. Nobody noticed though.

The food selection is generally quite poor. Food is restocked very infrequently. EDIT: they have savouries. They go well with the tomato relish. There is also a coffee machine which seems to be quite popular.

The room is very small. Much smaller than the old one. At various times throughout the day it is nearly full.

The cramped hallway where the bathrooms are is incredibly poorly designed. For such large toileting areas the door swing outdoors. I was nearly hit in the face by people departing from the toilet. There is no good reason to have the toilets like this.

Also there is an air ventilation machine just sitting there for some reason.

Last edited by codyc1515; Dec 10, 2016 at 8:01 pm
Old Dec 11, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by codyc1515
So I'm in this lounge today. I'll be honest. It was not a pleasant experience. For a regional lounge, I was surprised to see two lounge hosts.

The attendants come around maybe once an hour to clear people's plates. They are very lazy. When they do, I'll echo everyone else saying they are leaving gunk on the plates. Gross!

The TV was working when we came in then later went through a dizzying number of stages where it gradually shut off. Nobody noticed though.

The food selection is generally quite poor. Food is restocked very infrequently. EDIT: they have savouries. They go well with the tomato relish. There is also a coffee machine which seems to be quite popular.

The room is very small. Much smaller than the old one. At various times throughout the day it is nearly full.

The cramped hallway where the bathrooms are is incredibly poorly designed. For such large toileting areas the door swing outdoors. I was nearly hit in the face by people departing from the toilet. There is no good reason to have the toilets like this.

Also there is an air ventilation machine just sitting there for some reason.

Its a regional lounge on a Sunday...I'm not quite sure what you expect. The fact there is even a hot option is a step up on previous years and many other regional lounges.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Is it under renovation? I was there a couple of weeks ago - entry was via a convoluted route via propped open doors?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
According to the NZ site it's in the process of being renovated, and what is currently open is an interim stage. By the sound of it the finished product will be substantially larger.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/regi...ory#queenstown
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:10 pm

Hey, don't get me wrong! I'm not complaining. I'm just saying it is somewhat below par for my expectations (i.e. having chunks of old food on the plates). Aside from it being renovated, it's a pretty nice lounge. It will be good once it's completed if it is to be larger. Hey, at least it has a view (more than you can say for Auckland Domestic! ).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
Is it just me or does anyone else get the urge to say "Danger, Will Robinson"?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Originally Posted by SilverTP
Is it just me or does anyone else get the urge to say "Danger, Will Robinson"?
I was there yesterday. What's open was the old QF lounge they said. Old NZ lounge being refurbed was shown when complete will be large. What is done is modern friendly lady running, no issues bringing a guest in, food was ok, I thought it was pretty good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.