Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PE Flight fares for 777-300

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

PE Flight fares for 777-300

I'm taking my first trip to London this October and hoping to fly Air NZ PE. Historically, have the prices decreased as the date drew closer or increased?

I have zero experience with premium economy.

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Prices usually go up.

Have you tried looking at Malaysia Airlines Business Class? Sometimes their fares to Europe are comparable to NZ's PE fares.

If you were to go AKL-LON on the 1st Oct and return on the 22nd, MH Business is NZD$6,729.10 return and NZ PE is NZD$7,019.50.

EDIT - Just realised that OP is based in LAX so the above with MH wouldn't apply.

Bear in mind that the PE 'Spaceseat' doesn't have a traditional recline like other PE products. They kind of slide forwards. It seems people either love them or hate them...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
NZ PE and BP compared with other airlines

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Prices usually go up.

Have you tried looking at Malaysia Airlines Business Class? Sometimes their fares to Europe are comparable to NZ's PE fares.

If you were to go AKL-LON on the 1st Oct and return on the 22nd, MH Business is NZD$6,729.10 return and NZ PE is NZD$7,019.50.

EDIT - Just realised that OP is based in LAX so the above with MH wouldn't apply.

Bear in mind that the PE 'Spaceseat' doesn't have a traditional recline like other PE products. They kind of slide forwards. It seems people either love them or hate them...
Is there a thread that compares AIRNZ PE and BP with other airlines ?
Airnz seems to be mostly more expensive than most other airlines and I like many would like to see how they compare

Not having travelled on malaysian airlines Business what is this like?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

wow, PE costs that much from AKL? I'm surprised anyone would fly PE for that amount.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Yep now you have a glimpse of what it's like to live at the end of the earth with a quasi monopoly airline.

On topic, I'd check out Virgin Atlantic as well. I've not flown them but would if I were in your shoes. From what I've read their product & service is pretty good.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Beano
Is there a thread that compares AIRNZ PE and BP with other airlines ?
Airnz seems to be mostly more expensive than most other airlines and I like many would like to see how they compare

Very good especially on the 380 (2-2-2 layout). Lovely food (satay!), good wine selection, crew are very professional, lie-flat seats.

Only issue is that on a lot of routes they fly the 772 (2-3-2 layout) and the 330 (not sure if it's 2-2-2 or 2-3-2) which are both angled lie-flat.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Beano
I did a bit of flying on them last year - from Auckland to both Tokyo and Singapore. Planes were relatively old, but service was OK (nothing special, but not bad, either). The satay is fantastic!

The best thing, though, was it was very cheap (and this was all before MH's 2014 mishaps, so can't imagine they are any more expensive now).
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by pbl22
I did a bit of flying on them last year - from Auckland to both Tokyo and Singapore. Planes were relatively old, but service was OK (nothing special, but not bad, either). The satay is fantastic!

The best thing, though, was it was very cheap (and this was all before MH's 2014 mishaps, so can't imagine they are any more expensive now).
The tiredness of their aircraft would probably be my only issue with them. However, the A380 is very nice.

I've found the food very good. I flew REP/KUL in April (J) and even on a (less than) 2 hour flight the food was above expectations (3 courses too)
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by op487062
wow, PE costs that much from AKL? I'm surprised anyone would fly PE for that amount.
It's very expensive. A few people I know who travel to LHR in PE buy AKL/LAX/AKL and then LAX/LHR/LAX separately - but only if they're planning on a stopover. Sometimes this can save several hundred dollars (even $1000+ if there are specials out).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.