Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Airpoints/Status Points for partially completed journeys

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold

Last weekend I was booked to fly from my home city (city A) to a main centre (city B) and then onto a small regional city (city C). It was booked as a single ticket (city A to city C).

In city C I was due to have a couple of meetings, before driving back to city B for another meeting, and flying from city B back to city A the next day.

My first flight (city A to city B) went without a hitch. Upon landing I noted I had not been credited any Airpoints or Status Points for the city A to city C journey.

My next flight (city B to city C) was then substantially delayed, to the point that the flight eventually took off after my city C meetings would have finished, and meant I would not have made my meeting back in city B.

Rather than doing that, I stayed in city B and cancelled my city B to city C flight.

The next day I took my city B to city A flight, and was credited my Airpoints and Status Points for that flight.

As yet (nearly a week later) I have not been credited with any points for the first flight (city A to city B). My question is, am I entitled to any? I took the first flight, and cancelled the second, and presumably was refunded for that second flight (it was a work trip so have no idea what was paid and refunded). So while I didn't complete the whole journey, I did complete (and pay for) one of the flights. Seems a bit silly to not credit me anything for it.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I would put in an online points claim for the flight you have taken. if it rejects then contact NZ via the telephone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.