Search

When can you change a Flex Time fare?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
When can you change a Flex Time fare?

Hi there,

Just wondering in anyones experience when this becomes available. After mid-night on date of flight? Or just at the airport?

Cheers.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: Air NZ Silver.Qantas.Emerates
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
Hi there,

Just wondering in anyones experience when this becomes available. After mid-night on date of flight? Or just at the airport?

Cheers.
Yep just at the airport and on the day of travel. Used the other day when I came back on an earlier flight from Gisborne. Works well if you finish your work early and want an earlier flight back. Subject to a spare seat and flight being available.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
You should also be able to do it on the mobile app, online, or through the contact centre (fees apply of course )
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Hi there,

Cheers.
I changed my son's "grab-a-seat flexitime" just after midnight online for the day he was flying back. Worked well. The only cheap flights for last weekend from CHC to WLG were horrible times [late Saturday, sparrow f*rt Sunday] so we chose the flexitime option [$79 each way], then changed each sector on the day to be much nicer times so as to make the most of the weekend 10 am Saturday, 7 pm Sunday]. There is an element of risk in such an approach as it relies on getting an available seat on the service that works better for you.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:58 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Hi there,

Cheers.
+1 from midnight. You can even change AFTER your scheduled flight has departed - as long as you have not checked in for this flight (otherwise you will be counted as a no-show).

Easily changed through the mobile app

What I am not sure about is how much notice to change to an earlier flight
i.e. I changed from 0700 to 0830 flight AKL-WLG on Friday. Arrived at 0800 just as the final passengers names were being called on the 0805 flight. I went to the gate to see if I could hop on but was told it was too late?
- maybe the manifest had been finalized? and if so when does this happen?
- or maybe the agents just couldn't be bothered and I should have pushed it more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.