Wiki Posts
Search

Status points needed to retain gold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Status points needed to retain gold

Apologies if this has already been asked. I'm nearing the end of my annual airpoints anniversary and I'm looking like I won't quite make my status points to retain gold - maybe 10 or 20 points short. I feel slightly aggrieved that the new points counting system has seriously worked against me, and in previous years I'd have retained gold with trans tasman and local trips.

Has anyone had experience of asking very nicely to be let off those last 10 or 20 points needed to retain status? Or is this a cold, hard line that one has to get over, and I need to be arranging my status run now?!
Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgieNZ
Apologies if this has already been asked. I'm nearing the end of my annual airpoints anniversary and I'm looking like I won't quite make my status points to retain gold - maybe 10 or 20 points short. I feel slightly aggrieved that the new points counting system has seriously worked against me, and in previous years I'd have retained gold with trans tasman and local trips.

Has anyone had experience of asking very nicely to be let off those last 10 or 20 points needed to retain status? Or is this a cold, hard line that one has to get over, and I need to be arranging my status run now?!
Thanks
NZ will usually be slightly lenient if you are only around 10 off, not sure you will get away with 20 or more but best give them a ring to see. It may be a case of speaking to the right agent, so if at first you are denied try ringing again and getting a different person. Or use the Help and Contact area on the website to email them.

Good luck!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by GeorgieNZ
Apologies if this has already been asked. I'm nearing the end of my annual airpoints anniversary and I'm looking like I won't quite make my status points to retain gold - maybe 10 or 20 points short.
If you are that close, why not just do a quick cheap status run turnaround to the nearest major city (8SPs each way).
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Thanks
I'm not sure i'm going to risk their grace, but will arrange a status run!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.