Wiki Posts
Search

Meal service: SYD-RAR?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Meal service: SYD-RAR?

Greetings all,

I will be traveling shortly on the AirNZ non-stop from SYD to RAR on "the works" ticket. The flight departs rather late at 915pm with a flight time of just under six hours; has anyone ever taken this flight? Is a hot meal served either after take off or before landing on "the works" tickets? Trying to determine how much food to buy at the airport to bring along. Thanks

Travellingnewyorker
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by travellingnewyorker
Greetings all,

I will be traveling shortly on the AirNZ non-stop from SYD to RAR on "the works" ticket. The flight departs rather late at 915pm with a flight time of just under six hours; has anyone ever taken this flight? Is a hot meal served either after take off or before landing on "the works" tickets? Trying to determine how much food to buy at the airport to bring along. Thanks

Travellingnewyorker
I think a 9:15 departure with Works will see dinner served and then nothing else prior to arrival at 1:25am (but drinks service still going). Haven't flown this under the Seat/Seat+Bag/Works/Works Deluxe system, but Works equates to the regular 'full service' economy.

Are you on NZ 748, which is a narrow-body A320 rather than the larger 767 or 772 that also ply this route. If you have status with Star Alliance, the A320 in economy offers better seat pitch (known as space plus).

Cheers, TK
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your response.

I'm booked on the 767-300; red eye from Sydney to Rarotonga, departing Sydney at 915pm, arriving Rarotonga at 705am.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Typically an meal served on the Works is,
- Small hot dish e.g curry and rice or roast with vegg
- Bread Roll
- Ice Cream (Usally ex AKL only) or small cake.

Nothing really that flash these days, at least its on an mini tray unlike the famous cardboard boxes these used back in the mid 2000s.

You can also purchase extra food onboard though the IFE system with an Credit Card, then its delivered to you seat.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/new-t...g-and-drinking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.