Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GE Xmas Gift

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Guys, let's put this into perspective. I work for a major multi-national who spend a similar amount to AIrNZ profit on travel each year. We got NO Christmas gifts this year as an austerity measure. The GE gift this year is pretty good in my opinion. I am looking forward to reading the book at Christmas, the wine looks good too. I have more noise cancelling hadphones, portable speakers etc than I know what to do with (well, regifted them��) so I am happy.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Originally Posted by pbl22
No, I think they are planning the "Surprise!" treatment this year.

Only the surprise may not be what was hoped. I asked a colleague yesterday if he had received his gift yet - he hadn't - and he was appalled when I told him what it was. His response was "Time to ditch Elite". I responded that making the status dependent on the Christmas present was probably a bit over the top, but he responded along the lines that it was simply another indication of how NZ cares less and less about its most frequent flyers. He's right.
The gift is fine but the service from Air NZ has really gone down hill.
I received no replies to my emails about shortfall in SP points on flights booked before the change in earning rates.
Received an email of apology and advice that they would ring to sort it out but never heard from them.
As we always booked and paid for Bus class where available, our RU's usually were gifted away but on our trip to Vanuatu last week I thought I may as well use some to upgrade from Works to Works Deluxe and neither the Queenstown or the Auckland International Koru lounges could be bothered arranging this for us, both said to ring reservations.
Sorry but the main benefit of E* status was the help we used to get from the lounges when things went wrong but if that has gone there is no benefit to status at all.
As a matter of interest we were away in Vanuatu when our gift arrived so I had to pick it up from the Wanaka post office. She asked what she was looking for so I said it was a gift from Air NZ and she said "oh yes we have had heaps of them" and thought everyone was getting them. I don't think she believed me when I said it was for E* status holders only!!!
They will have at least one less next year.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:52 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
I like it to - the wine, the book and the self righting (handy for me!!) wine glasses.

I agree services are patchy at times - especially on the ground. I have now reached Platinum with Qantas as well which gave me new insight. I still think NZ pretty good.

Ground services - Qantas.

Lounges - Qantas - only just and only because of First access as Platinum (and first with one world) when available not because of their business lounges which are at times very mediocre.

In the air (business class) - Air New Zealand every time. Qantas has never been bad but NZ consistently better and I prefer the product
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by smandkjc
I received no replies to my emails about shortfall in SP points on flights booked before the change in earning rates.
Received an email of apology and advice that they would ring to sort it out but never heard from them.
You're not the only one.

I never got mine either for flights to Hawaii and Japan, and I actually went to the effort on 3 or 4 occasions of trying to convince Air NZ that their SP accrual was showing wrong after the early Jan software rollout to be told on every occasion, so be told by some fairly senior people that nothing was actually wrong. It took them a month to pull the SP accrual display when clearly somebody realised it was actually wrong.

Knowing how many GE customers Air NZ have it wouldn't surprise me in Wanaka had quite a few..
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Knowing how many GE customers Air NZ have it wouldn't surprise me in Wanaka had quite a few..
How many are there?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:26 pm

You're not the only one.

I never got mine either for flights to Hawaii and Japan, and I actually went to the effort on 3 or 4 occasions of trying to convince Air NZ that their SP accrual was showing wrong after the early Jan software rollout to be told on every occasion, so be told by some fairly senior people that nothing was actually wrong. It took them a month to pull the SP accrual display when clearly somebody realised it was actually wrong.

They have just fixed our Potential SP earning on the next ZQN/HNL/ZQN flight from 10 to 170 for the return flight but cancelled the flight!!!!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
How many are there?
When the courier dropped off my package he asked if I was a frequent flyer and said he had 100 odd to deliver and that was just his van
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:30 pm

How many are there?
I heard a figure earlier in the year of somewhere around 12k GE members and somewhere around 40k G members but I don't recall the exact numbers. They came from a good source so I'd tend to trust them, but for all we know they could be well off..

Personally I wouldn't have thought there would have been that many GE members
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
so many elites

I heard athe SPgure earlier in the year of somewhere around 12k GE members and somewhere around 40k G members but I don't recall the exact numbers. They came from a good source so I'd tend to trust them, but for all we know they could be well off..

Personally I wouldn't have thought there would have been that many GE members
I heard from a FA there were about 14k and airnz felt there were too many

Shortly after that they changed the SP earning table

With the many banked years I can imagine it will take a few years to take the full effects
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:05 am

It will be interesting to see what impact it does have on GE, clearly a lot will drop back to G (which is the goal), but it'll impact many G members who will probably struggle to keep G.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
My wife is dropping to gold at the end of this month( both lessure travellers n both 1st year elites)and got a ph call from nz enquring about why her travel has dropped on NZ,( she hasn't traveled at all this year due to a newborn), so they must care a lil bit.
Travel for both of us wit NZ will prob drop next year as well as we will prob put our travel funds into other airlines incl flights already booked to Europe in 1st class on Qantas.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: NZ*G
Got the gift. Drank the wine. Read the book. Both were more than acceptable for FREE stuff. After all's said and done, there's no obligation on AirNZ to give me anything at all, so I welcome the gesture and gift.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by temete23
My wife is dropping to gold at the end of this month( both lessure travellers n both 1st year elites)and got a ph call from nz enquring about why her travel has dropped on NZ,( she hasn't traveled at all this year due to a newborn), so they must care a lil bit.
Travel for both of us wit NZ will prob drop next year as well as we will prob put our travel funds into other airlines incl flights already booked to Europe in 1st class on Qantas.
Interesting. NZ didn't ask about why my crediting to airpoints dropped to zero when previously I consistently requalified NZ*E within weeks of the start of my member year.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by smandkjc
They have just fixed our Potential SP earning on the next ZQN/HNL/ZQN flight from 10 to 170 for the return flight but cancelled the flight!!!!
Got the return booking changed to a new flight but I had used APD and 2RU's for my wife's flights, now I have ended up with my wife still in Bus but the 2 RU's back in my account!!!
I have pointed out their error.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Haven't received anything yet - AKL Based

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.