Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GE Xmas Gift

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, Koru Life, QF Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
Picked up mine yesterday from my PO Box - I was there as a Cycle Courier was picking up items - poor guy had two of the same boxes as mine, bet he wasn't pleased!
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, Koru Life, QF Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Le Club Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
It looks like the Elite Short Haul Recognition Upgrade is for overseas Elites - received this from the Elite team after seeing if I could get the 2nd one added to my account...

"As a New Zealand based member we have been able to source a lovely gift for you. We’re hoping this will be something special for you to enjoy this Christmas or share with friends. I am not sure whether you have received your gift yet, however this does not include a recognition certificate. We hope you will be equally surprised when you receive your lovely box.

If you do not receive this by the 23rd of December please email us again to follow up.

Kindest regards and warmest wishes for the holiday season"

Last edited by Gypcat; Dec 3, 2014 at 7:46 pm Reason: Additional comments
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Originally Posted by Gypcat
It looks like the Elite Short Haul Recognition Upgrade is for overseas Elites - received this from the Elite team after seeing if I could get the 2nd one added to my account...

"As a New Zealand based member we have been able to source a lovely gift for you. We’re hoping this will be something special for you to enjoy this Christmas or share with friends. I am not sure whether you have received your gift yet, however this does not include a recognition certificate. We hope you will be equally surprised when you receive your lovely box.

If you do not receive this by the 23rd of December please email us again to follow up.

Kindest regards and warmest wishes for the holiday season"
Any overseas elites that can't use their SH RU wanna swap for a bottle of wine and a book ������
Or if anyone would like a book for free let me know
Edit:book has found a new home

Last edited by temete23; Dec 4, 2014 at 5:47 pm Reason: Adding txt
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
My partner, who recently got downgraded from Gold to Silver, has had a third lounge voucher put into her account, with an expiry of January 2015. Could it be a Xmas gift too? It's handy as she is flying back to NZ in December, and can use it on her Trans Tasman leg, but it did seem a little strange as there was no communication about it.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by temete23
Any overseas elites that can't use their SH RU wanna swap for a bottle of wine and a book ������
Or if anyone would like a book for free let me know
Edit:book has found a new home
Ditto! SH RU would be much more preferable for me as well - keen to trade if someone wants booze and the book!
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No sign here but then parcels are unable to be delivered to my address.
Mine arrived late last week. And that's to a rural south island address.

Apparently I'm allowed to remove the book and re-gift it to my wife
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Did people get an email about getting a Christmas Gift this year? I haven't received anything...
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Rebound
Did people get an email about getting a Christmas Gift this year? I haven't received anything...
No. My gift just turned up today (undelivered of course but I can sort that out).
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Mine hasn't turned up yet, but from memory many others seem to have got theirs in previous years well before me.

Also, I haven't really got anywhere for the courier to safely leave it at home (and there is no one home in the day). At least in previous years when you selected your gift you could also choose a delivery address, so I was able to get it delivered to work.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Thanks Kiwiflyer, i'll look out for it I guess
Old Dec 10, 2014, 1:56 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by pbl22
Mine hasn't turned up yet, but from memory many others seem to have got theirs in previous years well before me.

Also, I haven't really got anywhere for the courier to safely leave it at home (and there is no one home in the day). At least in previous years when you selected your gift you could also choose a delivery address, so I was able to get it delivered to work.
Indeed. IIRC the courier used requires redelivery or collection within 7 days. Too bad if you're away for longer (not at all unusual at this time of year).
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: NZ*E
mine has yet to arrive and I have not received any correspondence from air nz.. any one received an email or a letter? thanks
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by mmonster
mine has yet to arrive and I have not received any correspondence from air nz.. any one received an email or a letter? thanks
No, I think they are planning the "Surprise!" treatment this year.

Only the surprise may not be what was hoped. I asked a colleague yesterday if he had received his gift yet - he hadn't - and he was appalled when I told him what it was. His response was "Time to ditch Elite". I responded that making the status dependent on the Christmas present was probably a bit over the top, but he responded along the lines that it was simply another indication of how NZ cares less and less about its most frequent flyers. He's right.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
I don't think there were any emails or letters sent out this year...

If you don't receive the gift by 23rd Dec I got told to email [email protected] for them to follow up - mind you emailing now probably wouldn't harm either!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by Gypcat
I don't think there were any emails or letters sent out this year...

If you don't receive the gift by 23rd Dec I got told to email [email protected] for them to follow up - mind you emailing now probably wouldn't harm either!
thanks Gypcat.. but the funny thing is, how do we supposed to know if the GE gift this year is what everyone say it is? I am being sarcastic here.. they should have send us a comms about it? or this is just for some GE... I wonder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.