Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

No longer accepting Koru Club guest passes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No longer accepting Koru Club guest passes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
There is a difference between customers who are choosing you based on price or customers choosing you based on loyalty and/or service. A big one. While I completely agree to look after all customers, there's a huge advantage to ensuring your loyal ones stay loyal - otherwise half your customers disappear.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:38 pm

Are NZ sending out letters about the Koru changes or do we have to try and naviagte that other AirNZ page that shakes and wobbles and goes so slow its like Kiwirail?
Think by now they could have emailed everyone or sent a letter but no, just cos you paid for something seems a bit much too expect something.
Looks like my 20 passes will be no use now
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by wijomas
There is a difference between customers who are choosing you based on price or customers choosing you based on loyalty and/or service. A big one. While I completely agree to look after all customers, there's a huge advantage to ensuring your loyal ones stay loyal - otherwise half your customers disappear.
Which they do with the perks (KC, preferred seating, U/G etc etc). My point was about how the staff treat me personally, which has been the same great standard throughout.

I noticed VJKoru was online yesterday and was hoping she would shed some more light on the changes, but I see she hasn't unfortunatly.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: NZ*G
I asked the staff at the Auckland Domestic Koru Lounge yesterday. They said that as of July 1 guest passes will not be required. All Koru members will be allowed to bring in one guest on each visit. He also said *G will (eventually) be able to bring two. *GE will be able to bring 6 as is currently the case. Guest passes will still be valid up until 1 August then it will be time to recycle them.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Are NZ sending out letters about the Koru changes or do we have to try and naviagte that other AirNZ page that shakes and wobbles and goes so slow its like Kiwirail?
Think by now they could have emailed everyone or sent a letter but no, just cos you paid for something seems a bit much too expect something.
They sent me a letter the other day to say I'd earned 0.48 APD from using my card at Shell once. Should've saved the stamp and envelope and given me a bonus 0.48!
Old Jun 4, 2011, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by brenrox
In all buisnesses (SIC), every customer should treated with that same high standard, whether they are a regular or they will only use your good/service once. It's my philosophy anyway, everyone might not agree with it, but how you look after people is pretty important.
(Emphasis added) With all due respect, I don't follow. From an orthodox (or even unorthodox) 'business point of view' practicing differentiation between clientele is extremely important because it is physically impossible to give all the same high standard of care. This is the same across substantially all industries.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
practicing differentiation between clientele is extremely important because it is physically impossible to give all the same high standard of care. This is the same across substantially all industries.
The medical industry would be just one example where a high standard of care is needed and given. This may fail, 0.001% of the time, but at least the staff try to maintain that standard, and that's all we can ask. Anyways, we are way off topic now.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Sorry, continuing the off topic theme.

Medicine is a good example - "The medical industry would be just one example where a high standard of care is needed and given."

This is only true to a point.

The safe acceptable standad is x - but what is actually the best quality care (not the most expensive, just the best within available resources) is really x + 25%.

There is no formally established HVC customers in health the way there is within the airline industry - but access to x + 25% care is available depending on who you are and exactly what you insist on for your care.

This might not be fair but it is reality - so not that different to an airlines HVC pool - but less about money and more about assertiveness and status within society.

And health care workers at the coal face may be very egalitiarian, but have no doubt there is a HVC system in operation at the next teir up.

BCE
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:19 pm

This is what is happening - from Air NZ:

"With regards to guest passes, from 18 June instead of using the guest passes, a member will instead be able to just bring one guest per entry into the Koru Lounges. Gold members will be able to bring one additional guest into the lounge per visit (total of two)"

Note that only one guest per visit if Koru, not as amny as you could in the old days, say wife & 2 kids.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: QF Gold
So one extra guest, cool.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
This is what is happening - from Air NZ:

"With regards to guest passes, from 18 June instead of using the guest passes, a member will instead be able to just bring one guest per entry into the Koru Lounges. Gold members will be able to bring one additional guest into the lounge per visit (total of two)"

Note that only one guest per visit if Koru, not as amny as you could in the old days, say wife & 2 kids.
Do children count as guests? I cant imagine them turning KC or Gold members whom travel as a family being turned away because of this new rule?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:28 pm

Do children count as guests? I cant imagine them turning KC or Gold members whom travel as a family being turned away because of this new rule?
I have asked the question when I got the initial response, but nothing back yet - maybe they are having trouble making a decision, as they have clearly said one guest and no more cards, so maybe they have to stick to their rules for a change
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Personal as a 21 year old, I would be happy if childern did count as a guest. Atlong last the lounge will no longer be a zoo! might help bne!.

Ive seen some people at BNE/AKL/SYD take in 4 kids with them!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Personal as a 21 year old, I would be happy if childern did count as a guest. Atlong last the lounge will no longer be a zoo! might help bne!.

Ive seen some people at BNE/AKL/SYD take in 4 kids with them!
I'm at the other end of the age scale but I agree with you.

But I've found NAD to be much worse than BNE. And AKL is at its worst before a NAD flight from what I've seen! So many Fiji resorts now offer 'kids stay and eat free' that there are hordes of kids even outside school holidays.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF Gold
I'm currently childless, but I don't have a problem with it-travelling families are good revenue sources for airlines and they don't want to be too hostile to this group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.