Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Australia/Pacific Island structure

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Or how forward the bookings were, for te same reason. It will be some time before any meaningful results of all the changes show.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
On sectors where business is still offered, why don't we get given the option under upgrade product to upgrade to Bussiness online?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
On sectors where business is still offered, why don't we get given the option under upgrade product to upgrade to Bussiness online?
I agree. It would be a really useful option. Don't see why it shouldn't be possible as it's available for the other options.

How about it, Bruce?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
are you refering to pay the fare difference + penalty?
or using airpoints / upgrade voucher?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by zqsn5678
are you refering to pay the fare difference + penalty?
or using airpoints / upgrade voucher?
No more the fact, that you are able to change you fare level for shorthaul fares online. But they aren't allowing you buy up to Bussiness online.

Wouldn't it make sense that on flights its offer on, you would offer people to upgrade to it, like they do for Works Delux? Qantas allows you to change you tasman fare online from Econmey to Bussiness.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by serfty
Was that "Works" or "Economy".

For example, Oz to/from LAX/SFO via AKL fares book into "Works" (Economy) for the T-T legs.

On Friday I travelled in Economy from a booking made several months ago.

Today I travelled "Seat" with a booking made last month.
The pax were definitely "works" -- said so right on the pax manifest the FAs used to deliver free meals.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:01 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
The pax were definitely "works" -- said so right on the pax manifest the FAs used to deliver free meals.
Pax who are connecting to/from longhaul are works, as are pax who booked before the new system was introduced. Thus, there are lots of works pax on trans-Tasman/South Pacific in the short term.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by DCF
1. Long-haul Premium Economy passengers (e.g. Australia-USA or NZ-USA/UK via Pacific islands) need to be guaranteed not just Space Plus but Economy Works Deluxe at the time of booking, as they have paid for a product superior to Economy, i.e. superior to Works.
Originally Posted by Bruce Parton
Hi DCF

1 - I will have a look at hoiw that works - I am fairly sure we already do that for busdiness class but not sure on Prem Econ
Bruce, could you please confirm the service that customers on longhaul business will receive? I booked AC YYZ-SYD-CHC-SYD-YYZ in business with AC and was forced to downgrade the Tasman flights to Y when business class disappeared. I'd appreciate this clarification. I'm going to be disappointed with anything less than Works Deluxe.

Cheers,
bacan
Old Dec 13, 2010, 11:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bacan
Bruce, could you please confirm the service that customers on longhaul business will receive? I booked AC YYZ-SYD-CHC-SYD-YYZ in business with AC and was forced to downgrade the Tasman flights to Y when business class disappeared. I'd appreciate this clarification. I'm going to be disappointed with anything less than Works Deluxe.

Cheers,
bacan
Don't hold your breath waiting. I have a longhaul first class ticket and have been booked into Works (not Works Deluxe)
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Does anyone know what booking inventories correspond with the various seat, s+b, w, and w-dlx classes of service? I know that Y = "works".
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:46 pm

Does anyone know what booking inventories correspond with the various seat, s+b, w, and w-dlx classes of service? I know that Y = "works".
The booking codes where posted some time ago, basicly you could have a P fare that was seat only, or a P fare that is w-dlx.

As these products are for internal sales within NZ only they, add on letters after the fare class to show which product you have brought.

here is the full list of prodcuts http://www.airnzagent.co.nz/assets/a...ff-03Dec10.pdf
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Pax who are connecting to/from longhaul are works, as are pax who booked before the new system was introduced. Thus, there are lots of works pax on trans-Tasman/South Pacific in the short term.
It also says "WORKS" on your boarding pass even when a connecting flight or originally booked in "Economy".
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF WP, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
So much for loyalty to former business class users from WLG and CHC

Air NZ has currently a few short-lived TT-business class seat specials from AKL to SYD/MEL/BNE. Fair enough, they're Auckland-only - cost is around 500-600 NZD ow incl taxes depending on destination.

If one tries to book those from WLG or CHC - the only thing one gets is the full fare of 1017 NZD ow on a single itin.

Funny enough, if one starts the journey in a regional centre like Palmerston North etc, NZ is happily putting the connection to Auckland and the TT business class flight on one ticket via a domestic add-on for about 50-100 NZD more. This is particularly annoying when one needs to get up to Auckland froM WLG to catch the 9:25 am to BNE. On one ticket I don't mind that at all, on two sep. itin. with checked luggage this could turn into an issue - even if you caught the 6:30 am flight.

This is obviously meant to stop WLG and CHC fliers from making use of the cheaper business class fares from Auckland and force them to make use of the sub-standard "Works Deluxe" product for more money. Fair enough if that makes sense for NZ from an inventory and revenue point of view, but it's certainly not contributing to the rest of loyalty left towards NZ.

Bruce, I'd be keen to see a response from you to this problem. As a result of this situation I just booked 2 business class flights on the 6 pm Emirates flights leaving Auckland (much more convenient to connect to) with cheap domestic connections.

It's minimally more hassle having to re-checkin, but actually provides better timings and as a side-effect a better fare (similar to the current NZ AKL-business class offers). As a negative side-effect for NZ - you didn't get my business (maybe you don't care as it's a cheap business class fare) and you lost another little bit of loyalty.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:47 pm

AgentK - I have raised this a number of times both here and directly with the contact centre, last I heard Bruce was looking into it, don't hold your breath appears to be like you suggest they do not want CHc people going business class why, who knows
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
I had my first experience of the new TT arrangements flying WLG – MEL on Wednesday, and I would have to join the chorus of complaints from many FF on this forum. I can understand the abolition of business class given NZ’s experience with paying passengers, and in these tough times, it is very difficult for a company to justify a J class airfare across the Tasman.

However for tall passengers, Space + was a major innovation with the addition of the possibility of a blocked out seat, and its virtual abolition is a very bad mistake.

I also happen to always travel with no checked baggage, and I would like to have the option of buying a hot meal with grog (works minus a checked bag). The snack option food is atrocious. I can’t see that the inclusion of that option would be a major problem for the computer system.

I don’t think TT FF can complain too much if there is a restoration of a reasonable number of Space + seats, and some tweaking of the food options. However I have to say that there was an enormous amount of feedback on this forum well before the introduction of the new service, particularly about the abolition of Space + and it would appear that this was completely ignored, which is a little sad.

I happened to be sitting next to an FF on the flight with both of us being very loyal NZ customers over the years, and FF on the Trans Tasman route. Both of us agreed that the introduction of the new systems had been very badly handled, and that the various early responses of high value passengers prior to the introduction had been ignored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.