Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Australia/Pacific Island structure

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by WellingtonFF
I happened to be sitting next to an FF on the flight with both of us being very loyal NZ customers over the years, and FF on the Trans Tasman route. Both of us agreed that the introduction of the new systems had been very badly handled, and that the various early responses of high value passengers prior to the introduction had been ignored.
I had the same conversation with a former colleague this week in the Qantas Club -- obviously we had both voted with our feet!

(It's also surprised me how much the QC has picked up their game -- the entree service isn't bad)
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:55 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Originally Posted by walshmi
How much of a factor was Brancott Estate being the official Rugby World Cup wine?
Ha
None - they were the best deal on high quality vs price - The key for me was a big step up in quality which I think we have achieved here

B
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
It would be interesting for one of us to pose to the question to Star alliance directly.........
Hi Guys

My understanding is that John discussed this with Jaan at the Star CEO meeting to confirm we had it right but I will check this

John was our representative on Star Loyalty for five years so I would be surprised if he is wrong but I will check

B
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:12 pm

Bruce Parton GGM Australasia

Hi Guys

I have mentioned previously in this forum that we have been looking at how to make the next few months a little more bearable as we work through the reconfiguration piece - I expect it to start on 15th March and take 3 weeks but in the meantime the following letter is on its way out to the 16,800 member G/GE community

I am looking as to how to make this be swapable (not sure that a word) for options such as car grooming at the various ports but will come back to you on that aspect

While each letter will be customised to the member’s membership level, I have made this more generic in the copy below.

The info will be repeated in the January Airpoints Magazine for extra reach and reinforcement – deploying on 12 Jan.

Thought you would be interested

B

Dear [member]

Recently I wrote to you advising that we are changing the premium seating zones on our A320 aircraft in response to customer feedback. The changes will increase the legroom available in these zones and will more than double the number of seats which are reserved for our Gold Elite, Gold and Koru customers.

I’m pleased to report that we are making good progress on the design changes and necessary regulatory approvals and expect to implement the changes in March and April.

Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points boost for our premium members

We appreciate your support during this transition period, and to thank you for your on-going loyalty we are delighted to offer you bonus Airpoints Dollars and Status Points when you travel across the Tasman.

From 15 January to 10 April 2011, Gold Elite, Gold and Koru members will earn an additional 30 Airpoints Dollars and 30 Status Points on each one way sector. This benefit will apply when you fly on an Air New Zealand A320 aircraft across the Tasman on a Works or Works Deluxe ticket.

We hope you enjoy this additional reward, please note that it may take up to four weeks for these bonus Airpoints Dollars and Status Points to be reflected on your account.

Yours sincerely

John Whittaker

GM Australasia Strategy Projects

[email protected]
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:16 pm

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Hi Bruce - that is fabulous news - both about the premium wine and the extra dollars and credits for buying the higher fares. Definitely now worth an extra $50 for Works (to me at least). Thank you for listening

Cheers, Zac
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by Zaco
Hi Bruce - that is fabulous news - both about the premium wine and the extra dollars and credits for buying the higher fares. Definitely now worth an extra $50 for Works (to me at least). Thank you for listening

Cheers, Zac
I certainly agree it is good news. However, it would have been nice in the interim if the extra dollars and credits applied to all flights during this time. Selfish - yes! Am booked on a 777-200 flight during this time!!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
I certainly agree it is good news. However, it would have been nice in the interim if the extra dollars and credits applied to all flights during this time. Selfish - yes! Am booked on a 777-200 flight during this time!!
but the extra APD is to make up for the lack of legroom, 42" is plenty
Old Dec 23, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
but the extra APD is to make up for the lack of legroom, 42" is plenty
Can't say the same for the 767 im booked on
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by skyglow1
Can't say the same for the 767 im booked on
Yeah i have a mixed booking in Feb, most likely mixed in March/April also
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:51 pm

Edit - Checked seatmap again and its showing seats - weird.

Last edited by Rebound; Dec 30, 2010 at 11:57 pm
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:15 pm

I did aTT flight at Xmas on the 320 CHC/SYd/AKL.
On both flights I was in 2E&F, on the seat map on same day as travel it showed the old 320 with the business seats - so noway was I changing seats.
In reality it was the new seating - why the difference?

Other thing was never ever take 2 DEF - leg room is shocking.
Did a couple of business flights later to RAR and what a difference.

Bruce if you reading this when are NZ going to sort out the problem of the business TT specials not being available from CHC or WEL - seems a bit short sighted to cut out a reasonable proportion of New Zealand and force people living in say CHC to have to fly from Blenheim to get the big savings on the business specials - or is this a prelude to cutting all TT business class by saying that people not taking up the offers so why bother.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:35 pm

Yep 2DEF are terrible seats, as recommended in Air NZ Online Magazine/Newsletter
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
2D is sort of OK - you only have ⅔ a bulkhead in front - your left leg is fine - your right may need to do a bit of contortion however ...
Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF WP, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
I did aTT flight at Xmas on the 320 CHC/SYd/AKL.
Bruce if you reading this when are NZ going to sort out the problem of the business TT specials not being available from CHC or WEL - seems a bit short sighted to cut out a reasonable proportion of New Zealand and force people living in say CHC to have to fly from Blenheim to get the big savings on the business specials - or is this a prelude to cutting all TT business class by saying that people not taking up the offers so why bother.
The reason is imho as easy as even less people would use "Works Deluxe" from WLG and CHC if they could easily access BC specials routed through Auckland. So NZ makes it as hard/annoying as possible (e.g. having to get to a regional airport or having to book sep. itins).
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
OK, I have been trying to read this thread but because it is so long now (more than 100 pages), I just want someone to clarify what I have understood to to be correct.

My parent in-laws are coming to Australia and we are planning to go to NZ to show them around in Feb/March this year (looking at SYD-AKL then CHC-SYD or vice versa). The last time I flew NZ was 1 year ago, before all these trans-Tasman changes come into play.

Now both my better half and I are BD *G, reading from the thread so far, if I want to have 2 checked in baggage between 4 of us, does it mean I should buy 3 Seat Only and 1 Seat + Bag under my name (as *G), so that with *G I get another checked baggage free?

Also I can get all 4 of us to go to Koru lounges (2 *G and 2 guests) before each flight, as well as getting priority checkin and baggage? Is this correct?

In regard to Space+, do all of us get Space+ seating given 2 of us are *G? Or it would be unlikely given that we are not booking at Works or Works Deluxe?

Finally, from the experience of people booking Seat Only, getting option of buying food very late into the flight (or even no option to do so), maybe we should just eat (either at lounge or not) prior to boarding and don't bother waiting to buy food on board? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.