Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge for NZ pax at Gold Coast OOL?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by nzlilibet
The cabin crew were horrified and arranged for her to receive vip treatment in Auckland.
im interested to find out what vip treatment(s) did she get in akl?
although i do feel sorry for her.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:39 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Umm, if you're talking to me please see that I post under NZlilibet. Yes, I'm a kiwi. But how on earth would that affect the times of opening or the treatment given to an elderly Australian?
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:40 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
i wonder they treat different nationalise differently? i presume you hold an oz passport? sorry if you are not.
Haha yes I would think that would be the key to good service.

I do have a copy of the 2001/Sept Air New Zealand/ Ansett Panorama magazine some where at home. Was thinking I should take it with me next time LOL
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:42 pm

And to answer your second query. She was accompanied to the Koru lounge by an NZ representative and, as I understand it, (I'd left the airport by then) was looked after until her flight. Don't you think this was the least that should have happened?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:04 am

Apologies, zqsn. I missed that your comments about nationality were directed to MrSydney, not me. My fault entirely, sorry!!

And you may well be right that NZers are discrimated against. However, NZ is paying Qantas for the service so needs to be aware of problems.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:10 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
variable service I agree from Sydney

last trip with my partner (who has a medical disability) we waited in the long, slow line - however on getting to the front of the queue the check agent was ever so helpful and raced off to find a wheelchair and helped partner in etc (first international trip using wheelchairs so was not sure of the ropes), double checked the oxygen was loaded on the plane

now that I am Koru I guess I can bypass the queue next time and check in at the premium desk
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy

now that I am Koru I guess I can bypass the queue next time and check in at the premium desk
I think they would let you use the premium desk anyway. Well if I was a CSA I wouldnt have a problem with you using it.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 5:31 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Just returning to the title of the post........

Gold Coast Airport now has a large common departures area with half a dozen domestic gates, and a lounge. It's really excellent, apart from a substandard PA system.

International passengers then go through a further security / passport control checkpoint to get into the international departures are, which is being redeveloped, but without its own lounge.

The "Gold Coast Airport Lounge" is operated by Jetstar and targets Japanese passengers on its 4 daily A330 flights (two to Japan and two continuing to Sydney), but allows any Jetstar domestic passengers to enter for $9.99 pre-paid or for $15 at the door.

It has caused a huge stink locally with lifetime Qantas Club members, who have to pay for entry even though when they bought their life passes they did so in the expectation that Qantas would always fly out of OOL, rather than using a subsidiary and giving the lounge another name.

But Jetstar say that they adopted the name because they always intended to allow Air Asia X and Air New Zealand to buy access for premium class and elite passengers, and that they are surprised that they haven't.

I find it frustrating that when I choose to fly Business Class out of OOL instead of BNE I don't just get substandard IFE but also don't get lounge access - and with my next flight being at 0855 I'll end up paying for breakfast as I'll have been up since 5 am and won't fancy waiting for lunch on the plane.

My own personal suspicion is that Jetstar have deliberately made the lounge so Jetstar-themed (orange everywhere!) in order to discourage Air NZ from buying use, which is sad. If I were Air NZ I'd be buying access anyway, as they really need to develop the OOL market for premium class and frequent travellers.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by DCF
I find it frustrating that when I choose to fly Business Class out of OOL instead of BNE I don't just get substandard IFE but also don't get lounge access - and with my next flight being at 0855 I'll end up paying for breakfast as I'll have been up since 5 am and won't fancy waiting for lunch on the plane.
What makes the IFE ex OOL so substandard? All the A320 now have AVOD with touch screens. I find the IFE on the A320/763 to be much better than the system on the 747/777.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
IIRC the early flights serve breakfast only, not lunch. Despite the mid afternoon arrival time in NZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.