Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge for NZ pax at Gold Coast OOL?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Lounge for NZ pax at Gold Coast OOL?

Hey people,

Just a quick question that a brief search didn't bring up the answer to: Does anyone know if there is lounge access at OOL for NZ passengers?

I'm sure that with an 8-seat business class cabin there won't be an NZ-branded lounge, but wondering if an invitation is provided on check-in to another lounge (and if so) what the lounge is like.

Have never used OOL airport, always been through BNE instead but a couple of trips will take me there in the next few months.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There was talk of opening an NZ lounge when QF closed theirs but I don't think that happened.

The airport is very basic.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 3:26 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
When NZ first started OOL they talked about providing a KC, nothing has come from it.

They should just people invites to the Jetstar lounge, atleast its something.

If your travel out of OOL soon give NZ a ring
Old Oct 4, 2009, 4:18 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
I currently (temporarily) fly Air NZ Business Class OOL-AKL-HNL every three weeks or so.

When the new "Gold Coast Airport Lounge" opened I went in and enquired, and was told quite snottily that only Jetstar currently pay to use it, and that I'll be welcome in there as soon as Air NZ pays for its use.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by DCF
I currently (temporarily) fly Air NZ Business Class OOL-AKL-HNL every three weeks or so.

When the new "Gold Coast Airport Lounge" opened I went in and enquired, and was told quite snottily that only Jetstar currently pay to use it, and that I'll be welcome in there as soon as Air NZ pays for its use.
I have found ever since ansett, Aussie ground staff have been so rude towards NZ passengers. Just look at NZ check-in at syd
Old Oct 4, 2009, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I have found ever since ansett, Aussie ground staff have been so rude towards NZ passengers. Just look at NZ check-in at syd
lack of training too. one in c one in y the check-in lady (Qantas) assumed both of us in y. asked to put my friend into spece+ seat she has no idea what it was. this was in MEL C class/perineum check-in counter back in July.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Also a regular on OOL-AKL, hoping to see a lounge once the construction is finished.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
this was in MEL C class/perineum check-in counter back in July.
Whoa. Check-in is getting a bit thorough.

Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Tell me about it! Last time I checked in at SYD was for NZ106. Got called up to the counter. I said hello to the guy who barked "what flight?". Those were the only two words he said to me in the whole check-in process
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Tell me about it! Last time I checked in at SYD was for NZ106. Got called up to the counter. I said hello to the guy who barked "what flight?". Those were the only two words he said to me in the whole check-in process
LOL! that happened to me a few weeks ago, but we didn't get called up to the counter. They wouldn't even say when checking was going to open, they just stood there for a hour yelling jokes at each other. Don't bother trying to turn up 4hours before your flight, there was about 100people waiting between the AKL & WLG flight. Then when checkin did open, this ***** opened the rope said nothing and stormed away.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:49 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
I disagree. I have flown out of SYD on NZ more times than I can think of and have never had a rude check in agent, ever. If anything, they have been courteous and friendly especially the QF agents.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:55 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by MrSydney
I disagree. I have flown out of SYD on NZ more times than I can think of and have never had a rude check in agent, ever. If anything, they have been courteous and friendly especially the QF agents.
My experience reflects MrSydney one and that includes the time I did not even have Koru Club and was just one of the plebs at the back.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You've been very lucky. I've also flown out of SYD many times on NZ and while there are some good agents NZ does seem to get more than its share of surly QF staff in my experience.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
I've always found Brisbane to be bad. They are always late opening and are just civil. A couple of years back they were very late (and this was the business class queue) and an elderly lady in her 80s was waiting with us to check in. She was travelling to Auckland to connect to a flight to SanFran. She was a Qantas customer in the past and did not realise that it was Qantas people checking in NZ flights.

We didn't see her in the lounge and asked a cabin crew member to ask what had happened. She had asked at check-in where to find the lounge and was told to just go buy a cup of coffee until her flight was called. The cabin crew were horrified and arranged for her to receive vip treatment in Auckland.

We had intended to complain because of previous experiences and this time we put in a written complaint. They are somewhat better now, but we'll see again in a couple of weeks.

On the plus side, our one experience in Adelaide found the Qantas check-in for Business to be first class - friendly and efficient - and we got an invitation to their lounge which was excellent.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:04 pm

i wonder they treat different nationalise differently? i presume you hold an oz passport? sorry if you are not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.