Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UX - Air Europa

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2023, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Marambio
A couple of anecdotes don't make a dataset but I have never been able to change seats at the airport with UX. Agents say that the seat plan is blocked for them as a way to encourage people to select (and pay for) seats when booking.
Wow, that's good to know, thanks for reporting.

For reference, here is what you are going to get now (I also remember the good old times that you could pick exit row on a 787 on AMS-MAD): Free seats are only behind the exit rows (on a 737, not visible on the map). And there is this cutsie message: "for being elite plus here is your discount"
Attached Images  
fifty_two likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 10:53 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Indeed my experience - free seats behind the emergency exit rows only even if plat
Old May 20, 2023, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, this has changed last summer.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Any idea of whats different between white seats and crossed out seats? Both types are unavailable.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
Originally Posted by ringingup
Any idea of whats different between white seats and crossed out seats? Both types are unavailable.
most likely not available for white and taken already for crossed
ringingup and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two
most likely not available for white and taken already for crossed
not available for what reason?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:18 pm

Has anyone else noticed Air Europa is now only making available TWO business class award seats per flight? I used to be able to grab 4 and I'm not finding anymore than two available in 2024 US to madrid for many dates.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ringingup
not available for what reason?
UX has the right to block seats for lot of reasons = awards space for their own members , seats being blocked for partners , 3rd party bookings done by TA or OTAs, etc ... to get the definitive answer to your question you should reach UX and ask
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:52 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Are Flying Blue Miles and XP earn on Air Europa Express flights? I am guessing they earn as long at the flight number and booking fare code follow the conditions for Air Europa with Flying Blue (https://www.flyingblue.com/en/spend/...ine-air-europa).

Specifally I am considering MAD-TUN-MAD UX1115 and UX1116, which ITA Matrix says are opoerated by Air Europa Express (using the B737?).
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:00 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by siw
Are Flying Blue Miles and XP earn on Air Europa Express flights? I am guessing they earn as long at the flight number and booking fare code follow the conditions for Air Europa with Flying Blue (https://www.flyingblue.com/en/spend/...ine-air-europa).Specifally I am considering MAD-TUN-MAD UX1115 and UX1116, which ITA Matrix says are opoerated by Air Europa Express (using the B737?).
Yes in theory they do
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:44 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Yes in theory they do
In theory? Oh dear! Has there been problems getting flights credited to Flying Blue? I was not sure if it is as simple as KLM Cityhopper is to KLM, which is the same for earnings.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
I've had Air Europa Express flights credit normally (MAD-ALC on the E195 back in the day, MAD-PMI last summer)

Last edited by Thom00992; Feb 13, 2024 at 4:26 am Reason: Forgot my great ride on the ATR last summer ;)
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: FB Plat
No problem, if you use your FB number during booking (don't make the mistake of booking while looked with a SUMA account if you have it)
Old Feb 13, 2024, 3:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by siw
In theory? Oh dear! Has there been problems getting flights credited to Flying Blue? I was not sure if it is as simple as KLM Cityhopper is to KLM, which is the same for earnings.
Yes , i mean unless something unscheduled happen , like ACMI flight or chart being modified between booking and date of flights
Old Feb 13, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes , i mean unless something unscheduled happen , like ACMI flight or chart being modified between booking and date of flights
ACMI doesn't matter, not even in *A with metal rule, doubly so with ST. As long as the operating flight number is UX, flight is eligible.
Earning chart being modified is a higher risk (provided that the current booking class is eligible in the first place)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.