Search

CDG to DTW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hilton Silver
CDG to DTW

Hi

Im traveling on AF from CDG to DTW in business class, and then onwards to LAS with NW in Economy. I have a 5 hour stopover at DTW, can I use the buisness lounges as I have arrived on a business flight?

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2007, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
welcome to Ft.

as this is a seperate ticket it will be very challenging. You can try and see if they buy into an arrival lounge thing, but I doubt it. FB GE/PE will give you access.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 6:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Thumbs up

Hi. It doesn't say anywhere in the original post that these are two separate tickets.

Either way, show your AF boarding pass and your NW boarding pass and you'll be allowed into the NW WorldClubs with no problem!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Hi. It doesn't say anywhere in the original post that these are two separate tickets.

Either way, show your AF boarding pass and your NW boarding pass and you'll be allowed into the NW WorldClubs with no problem!
how does an AF C-classs mix with NW Y-class on 1 PNR
Well, I can tell you that NW is not readily accepting BPs from connecting flights and NW Y-class only gives access unless you are FB GE aor PE.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 7:32 pm

You have a same day SkyTeam business class boarding pass, that grants access, and you should be let in with no problem. I've had only the best service from the Detroit WC agents. Have a great trip!
Old Jul 3, 2007, 7:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by cfischer
how does an AF C-classs mix with NW Y-class on 1 PNR
Well, I can tell you that NW is not readily accepting BPs from connecting flights and NW Y-class only gives access unless you are FB GE aor PE.
Actually, I have just that type of itinerary coming up in a few days. There are many reasons it could occur: one-class regional jets, corporations telling their travel agent to book the transatlantic sectors in C and domestic in Y, award availability, etc...

Regardless, all you need is a same day international Skyteam boarding pass, so the AF C-class BP will suffice. See http://www.skyteam.com/EN/benefits/skyteam_lounges.jsp
"All international First and Business Class passengers travelling on a same day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member have access to these exclusive facilities."
Enjoy!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hilton Silver
Smile

Thanks Guys - It was 2 seperate bookings - the CDG-DTW was an award booking and the DTW to LAS I paid for. Anyway - I did try to get access and they let me in with no problems - thanks again!

Paul
Old Jul 17, 2007, 4:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by prainbo1
Thanks Guys - It was 2 seperate bookings - the CDG-DTW was an award booking and the DTW to LAS I paid for. Anyway - I did try to get access and they let me in with no problems - thanks again!

Paul
I'm glad it worked out. Welcome to FlyerTalk :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.