Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Two Skyteam Bookings, One Day. Am I heading for trouble?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Skyteam Bookings, One Day. Am I heading for trouble?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:49 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue, Qantas, Turkish
Originally Posted by frankvb
Just be aware that if something goes wrong (delay, cancellation) on your LED-SVO flight (I assume all tickets are non-flexible), it will be your risk. The airline isn't obliged to help you out of the flights are on seperate tickets. It's your call whether you want to accept the risk.

Travel insurance may help in case things go wrong, but I would contact them to see if a misconnect is covered in this case.

BTW: EU regulations do not matter in this case IMHO.
I had a similar situation after Christmas where I was flying GFK-MSP-AMS in Z and bought a AMS-TLS ticket spur of the moment that left AMS 12 hours after my arrival from MSP. My GFK-MSP flight had a 14 hour delay, and therefore I of course arrived 24 hours late, and thus missed my flight.

At first KLM refused to do anything about it 'you made the decision to buy two seperate tickets, so it's your risk', but after a bit of prodding they did actually change my AMS-TLS flight to the next day for free.

I think - but I'm not certain - that my AMEX insurance somewhere also kicks in when you miss a flight because of this, right?

Eljakim
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Well.. I'm all booked now by the KLM service centre so (hopefully) if anything goes wrong, they'll get me home eventually.

Now I have to work out how to get from SVO terminal 1 to SVO terminal 2

Also, the lady on the phone said that the flights were actually 100% miles!? Oh well.. who am i to argue with that?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by OttoMH
Thanks rcs85551!

I finally got through to someone at KLM

They can put the KL and SU flights on the same booking with the Rock-bottom (Take-off) Fare.

£341.80 all-in, which considering £236.80 LBA-AMS-SVO and E139.00 (~£94) SVO-LED isn't soo bad.

6 Skyteam segments more towards status, but screwed on miles (damn those 25% fares )
What about one of those Skyteam Europe passes?
They are fairly cheap?

Gajan
Old Mar 20, 2007, 1:28 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Those are only valid if you reside outside of Europe, in connection with a SkyTeam transoceanic ticket to Europe.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Well.. It all went like clockwork! Kinda...

Flights like clockwork, but the SVO1 - SVO2 shuttle was only running every hour ...!??! However, a local bus cost 25 rubles ($1/50p) and took 15min.

No customs or immigration hassle either way!!

The only bummer: 25% mileage!

This really pissed me off because I specifically asked the KLM booking agent and was told "the fare class is N which is 100% miles."

KLM e-service centre couldn't care less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.