Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
I'm planning to redeem Flying Blue miles for a one-way ticket JFK-AMS-BAH later in the fall. Is it possible to do a stopover for free in AMS and still price it as a one-way from North America to middle east? OR will it price as 2 one-ways (JFK-AMS and AMS-BAH)? Thx in advance.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Stopovers are not allowed on one-way redemptions.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
You could try to get yourself a super long layover though, which would price as one ticket. Although I do not know FB's actual layover rules, other carriers sometimes allow up to 24 hours on international itin's. This might be worth calling into the FB desk - and paying the fee - to see if they can ticket something that still prices out as only one award, but gives you at least a few hours in Amsterdam.

That's assuming at 20 hours there is enough for you though.

RT tix over the phone can get a stopover.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: flying blue, baec
Thanks for your advice. I have managed to get 2 classic awards for the date I wanted by phoning the flying blue desk the day before they were due online. It seems weird to me that you can phone for availibility before the ten month window but there is apparently no rule on how far in advance you can do that - a day, a week, 2 weeks, who knows! !!
Happy though that I have got my flights.
Thanks again.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: Miles and More
I would like to book one-way European Y award flight. Flying on AF/KL requires extra miles, but flights on Aeroflot seems to be available for standard 15K one way. However, when I click on my selected flights on SU and proceed to the next screen, the price jumps up to 18K. Somehow I thought that it is only AF/KL flights that can be subject to this "dynamic" pricing and for partners their rates are set at the minimum level. Is there any proof to that in FB T&C or at least an award chart that I can check? I checked Mileage Calculator, but it always says "starting from 15K", so it is not really helpful. I realize that I probably have to contact their call-center, but I just would like to be prepared.
UPD: Ok, I see that there is no award chart anymore at least for AF/KL, I assume the same goes for redemptions on partner.

Last edited by alexanderrr; Oct 9, 2015 at 5:31 am
Old Oct 30, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I have troubles booking an AF award...

I found availability for the day and route on DLs website. But on AFs it does not show when I search from Origin to Destination. However, if I do segment by segment classic award availability shows up on all.

I called but the agent wasn't any help in finding the award. Maybe should I try again? Would prefer to use AF miles instead of DL for AMEX points.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:03 pm

Question Can FB Award Travel be booked by phone?

It's been mentioned in this and other threads that FB website does not display TATL award space on Aeroflot flights. I was wondering if it's strictly a website feature, or the KLM/AF policy not to provide access to their SU partner inventory. Is there a live agent route to book FB award flights, similarly to AA and many others? If so, would the agents see availability not shown on the website?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:23 pm

SU on TATL issues

Originally Posted by MaxVO
It's been mentioned in this and other threads that FB website does not display TATL award space on Aeroflot flights. I was wondering if it's strictly a website feature, or the KLM/AF policy not to provide access to their SU partner inventory. Is there a live agent route to book FB award flights, similarly to AA and many others? If so, would the agents see availability not shown on the website?
I have the same exact dilemma. Tried 6 or 7 agents in the US center, on working on # 2 at the Paris center. No go so far.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
OK, i'm pretty new to Flying blue and their system is totally confusing me!

I'm trying to book LBJ>JOG oneway on 7th June. Search shows a few options at 10,000 miles. (Routing LBJ-DPS-YOG). When I click to the next screen, price is 20,000 miles. Does flying blue always charge 'per flight' and not per route?

Very annoying that the price shown on the selection view doesn't match the actual cost of the flight!

(Additional: I tried calling the help desk and they quoted 25k miles plus 10x the taxes...!)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another datapoint of failure to see SU space - any workarounds?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Anyone have previous experience of booking complicated itienary via the phone.

Found availability in all segments separately but when just searching one city to another gives the dreaded "not available" notice. Trying to book routes also errors out. I think Skyteam in general has a horrible IT infrastructure for awards. No wonder they are 2nd tier from oneworld and star alliance.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Anyone have previous experience of booking complicated itienary via the phone.

Found availability in all segments separately but when just searching one city to another gives the dreaded "not available" notice. Trying to book routes also errors out. I think Skyteam in general has a horrible IT infrastructure for awards. No wonder they are 2nd tier from oneworld and star alliance.
If you checked each flight individually and found space, but didn't book these as you went along, it appears that you don't want to fly each of these sectors individually.

Just because, say, EDI-CDG is available to buy on its own, and CDG-ARN is available to buy on its own, doesn't necessarily mean that EDI-CDG-ARN is available (married segments). This is the same for all airlines, not just for Flying Blue/AF/KL. This is intentional, and not a bug.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...d-segment.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...d-tickets.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-segments.html

You can still proceed to book each flight separately, if you wish.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
...This is the same for all airlines, not just for Flying Blue/AF/KL. This is intentional, and not a bug.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...d-segment.html
It may be the same for all airlines, but I've never experienced this issue with OW or *A. We need married segment equality here.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:06 pm

Found a flight that would work for me but I'm getting this..

"A technical error occurred and your search could not be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact our customer service or try again later."

am I SOL?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Found a flight that would work for me but I'm getting this..

"A technical error occurred and your search could not be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact our customer service or try again later."

am I SOL?
Nevermind. Called in and booked with no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.