Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by westi2002
Last month returned connecting from a LaP flight. In CDG I saw my bags kept being loaded as last ones (on purpose) but of course in WAW it took them 40+ other suitcases to find them. Despite the red LaP tag
Same in TLS, our LaP bags, loaded last as confirmed by the AF driver and what I could see from my window seat, showed up 42 & 43 on the belt (I actually counted). Great priority.

Meanwhile when I had to take BA on LHR - TLS after AF cancelled one of our flights and rebooked us on the direct flight, my bag was among the first, and I'm a nobody with BA
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I'm going to be brutally honest, the priority tags most usually mean nothing. Perhaps at CDG or AMS, but not at 95% of oustations in this world.

Still not so long ago at BHX they emptied every single non priority bag, leaving the entire J cabin and elite pax to wait an additional 10mns for ours
...which all came out at once
...probably out of spite!

Edit: I actually found out that *A are a lot better with priority tags at outstations. Not flawless, but at least better. AFKL really need to improve in those matters.
They also mean just about nothing in AMS based on few recent flights, even when I could see my luggage being loaded amongst the last ones in the outstation.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I'm going to be brutally honest, the priority tags most usually mean nothing. Perhaps at CDG or AMS, but not at 95% of oustations in this world.

Still not so long ago at BHX they emptied every single non priority bag, leaving the entire J cabin and elite pax to wait an additional 10mns for ours
...which all came out at once
...probably out of spite!

Edit: I actually found out that *A are a lot better with priority tags at outstations. Not flawless, but at least better. AFKL really need to improve in those matters.
Just flew to PVG. Bags came out first and they even had a sign “SkyPriority Luggage” in front of them on the belt, followed by like three bags and then a sign “end of SkyPriority luggage”
Old Oct 20, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: Fying Blue Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Silver Elite, Hilton Silver
If I purchase an upgrade to Business after I perform online checkin and got boarding pass already, will I still get XP for economy or for the business?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by IhsanRaharjo
If I purchase an upgrade to Business after I perform online checkin and got boarding pass already, will I still get XP for economy or for the business?
Economy XP. Your ticket is still an economy ticket.
IhsanRaharjo likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
economy
IhsanRaharjo likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 9:08 pm

Programs: Diamond DL
Originally Posted by maalloc
Plus, one would argue that the point of having status is to actually use it… not racking up XP for the sake of having a Gold/Black FB virtual card.

So if you are AF platinum and need to fly, hopefully your status is worth something to you and you take into account the added value of perks when comparing ticket prices.

The math is correct: if you are plat and don’t plan to earn more than 180xp the next year, no « use » to fly AFKL at all, XP-wise. But if you don’t want the perks for 12 months, there’s no use having status either
thank you
Yes you are right
But it's good that if you are platinum and you don't fly for one year or very few flights, you downgrade to gold for another 12 months
Of course the idea to have the status is to use it, but maybe one year i could fly not many skyteam , or only europe flight so also with 0 xp i will be downgraded to GOLD, which (for me) is still very good because of the lounge access and have another 12 months to reach at least the 180xp. With skymiles every year you start from zero
Old Oct 23, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
“KLM Bus” question (EIN to AMS)

Was looking for tickets and was avoiding Transavia. However, I found a fare that starts with the KLM Bus from EIN, drives to AMS and there you catch HV but operating under KL flight number on the ticket.

This means I’d gain XP/Miles since it’s ticketed as KL.

Question: do I actually have to take the bus? When looking at the KLM website about the Thalys they’re very firm you gotta take it, but as far as I can see I can just skip the KLM Bus, right?

Edit: The KLM Bus website has a FAQ that states:

What happens if I miss the KLM Bus?
If you miss the KLM Bus you will have to travel to Schiphol by your own means. You will be responsible for these costs. If you arrive at Schiphol on time, you can simply take your connecting flight.
So as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter whether you actually take it or not

Last edited by thehyrax; Oct 24, 2023 at 1:45 am
Old Oct 25, 2023, 4:21 am

Programs: Fying Blue Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Silver Elite, Hilton Silver
Is it possible to book a return ticket where the outbound flight is payed using miles but the return flight is using cash?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: FB Gold
Is it possible to book a return ticket where the outbound flight is payed using miles but the return flight is using cash?
No. You'd have to book two one-ways.
IhsanRaharjo likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:14 am

Is it possible for me to take my Family's member Flying Blue card to gain access to a lounge as long as I have a flight with AF? Are they going to check whether the name on the boarding pass matches the FB QR code?
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 01muller33
Is it possible for me to take my Family's member Flying Blue card to gain access to a lounge as long as I have a flight with AF? Are they going to check whether the name on the boarding pass matches the FB QR code?
Lounge access is typically determined/granted by your boarding pass... you don't need to show your membership card or QR code
01muller33 likes this.

Last edited by 321; Oct 26, 2023 at 10:17 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by 321
Lounge access is typically determined/granted by your boarding pass... you don't need to show your membership card or QR code
Will the boarding pass have a special code on it granting access to the Lounge? Is that how it works? I've only accessed lounged with Dragon Pass and needed to show a QR code. Don't really know how other lounge accesses work.

Last edited by 01muller33; Oct 26, 2023 at 10:29 am Reason: Syntax
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 01muller33
Will the boarding pass have a special code on it granting access to the Lounge? Is that how it works? I've only accessed lounged with Dragon Pass and needed to show a QR code. Don't really know how other lounge accesses work.
Your boarding pass will be on the system as eligible for lounge access (or not eligible) depending on your fare or member level
- eg at CDG (AF) or AMS (KLM) you gain entry to the lounge by scanning your boarding pass (either by staff, or at a self-service machine)
- you won't be able to gain entry using someone else's FB membership card
01muller33 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by 321
Your boarding pass will be on the system as eligible for lounge access (or not eligible) depending on your fare or member level
- eg at CDG (AF) or AMS (KLM) you gain entry to the lounge by scanning your boarding pass (either by staff, or at a self-service machine)
- you won't be able to gain entry using someone else's FB membership card
Therefore, what is the usefulness of the QR code in the Air France app? Also, do you know if possible to go to other terminals even if the fight doesn't depart from there? I suppose answer is no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.