Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extra XP for CO2-offset and donations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: FB Plat, HH silver, Aeroflot silver
Originally Posted by Hollywoodude
I had the same issue. Called the La Premiere Line. Was told the carbon offset program is not possible for flights originating in USA (and Canada; Hong Kong, and a couple other places)
Hmmm, really? I didnt read something like that, but it could be an explanation. But I doubt it for my flight, I start from BER via AMS to BKK.
But until today it is not working. I might wait litte bit more and try it again next week, maybe it is just a technical problem.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: flying blue
Originally Posted by Coder33
No you can't.
thank you.
still can't seem to make the XP show up without asking them - which makes the whole process pretty painful.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: FBP
Originally Posted by b12e
the AF example is.... a whoopsie?

50 eur for CDG-LIS to plant trees, and no XP 😄 I guess it was supposed to be 5 eur or smth. 1000 miles.
I hope it is and error but it also suggests no rounding up on reforestation.

For me I have only tried reforestation once so far (47 euro CDG-LAX). I only received XP after messaging and I received 4XP and 4UXP so no rounding up.

So it seems to be the case that it's 10 euro = 1 XP for reforestation rounded down
10 euro = 1 XP for any combination including SAF rounded up

I can also claim the tax back in the reforestation part so it's a shame it doesn't round up, because I would buy it on every flight even if I wasn't in a rush for the XP, as with the tax back it's really quite effective. I guess I can just buy SAF+Reforestation on the very short flights that are less than 10 euro options, I can still claim the tax back from around a half of the cost.
​​​​
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:07 am

I noticed that XP for reforestation was rounded down and from SAF rounded up, so I asked a question to double check it. The reply was
To explain it further, the Reforestation and Sustainable Aviation Fuel are somewhat different on XP accrual rates. For reforestation alone, it is strictly based on 1 XP for every 10 Euros spent that is why the amount is rounded off. But if you chose the Sustainable Aviation Fuel, you earn XP from the first Euro and for every 10 Euros spent. For example, you donated 12 Euros for sustainable aviation fuel. You will earn 2 XP (1 XP for the first Euro spent + 1 XP for reaching 10 Euros)
Xandrios likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue - PFL since 2017
50 eur for CDG-LIS to plant trees, and no XP 😄 I guess it was supposed to be 5 eur or smth. 1000 miles.
The FB page in french does not say the same : AF CDG - LIS 5 € or 1 000 miles -> no XP.
https www.flyingblue.fr/fr/programme/xp?country=FR
(I can't post images or links yet).
And yes, a CDG-LIS is 4.68 € for reforestation.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 2:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue - PFL since 2017
Yes it's a mistake as it's 5 € / 1 000 miles / 0 XP on the french version of FB website.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
My current experience with the CO2 offset program:

- Booked a flight on AF's website for March 23. Went to the step that allows to add SAF+reforestation and added it. Clicked continue. Was greeted with an unknown error and prompted to call Air France with a booking reference.

payment made over phone, SAF/reforestation option wasn't included. Did this manually after the phone call and the additional XP/UXP shows in the booking.

- Wanted to add SAF+reforestation (highest option) to a booking to BKK in October. Pay by miles (46k miles). Payment failed despite an abundance of miles in my account.

extra XP/UXP shows in booking, despite the miles not being deducted from my counter. Also don't have the option to add it any longer.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
morning all, in your experience, how long does it take for the xp and miles related to CO2 compensation to show up in your account?
I flew september 1 / september 4, both flights have correctly been credited but the CO2 miles and xp are missing. the plat line has been unable to provide a precise answer. ty!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by straniero
morning all, in your experience, how long does it take for the xp and miles related to CO2 compensation to show up in your account?
I flew september 1 / september 4, both flights have correctly been credited but the CO2 miles and xp are missing. the plat line has been unable to provide a precise answer. ty!
It usually takes up to a week in my experience. If it takes longer, then call flying blue or message them on twitter as they're the ones who handle miles, xp, status, etc.

Since you're a plat, then you'll get 8 miles per euro spent on CO2 compensation and 1 xp per 10 euros spent. I.e if you spent 3000 euros on sustainable aviation fuel, then you'll get 24000 miles and 300 xp. They also round up for xp, like if you donated 467 euros, then you get 47 xp.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
thanks! i'll wait another few days and then call them.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: FB platinum
I'm still waiting for some offset XP I bought for a trip end of July. So far, nothing received. I've already sent a message to flying blue, but no response so far. Since it's only 1XP, I'm not very motivated to pursue this further
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Grimbokk
I noticed that XP for reforestation was rounded down and from SAF rounded up, so I asked a question to double check it. The reply was
I've got a flight coming up that offers the following options:

If the Reforestation option would 'round off'; then this option should then earn 1XP, right? Yet it says no XP earned. Has anyone tried using just the reforestation option < 10 euro?

By the way, it's interesting to see that the 2nd option values the miles at 1,1 cent, while the 3rd option only values them at 0,69 cents and the 4th option even lower at 0,5 cent.

The most value (cheapest XP's) can probably be had using the Reforestation + SAF option on very short flights where the fee is <5 euros. Upgrading AF/KL flights within Europe from Eco to Business typically results in an upcharge of about 5-6 euro per extra XP earned, so going above 6 euros per XP doesn't make much sense for me personally. I'd rather just upgrade flights and enjoy business class as a bonus.

Last edited by Xandrios; Sep 10, 2022 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by Xandrios

If the Reforestation option would 'round off'; then this option should then earn 1XP, right? Yet it says no XP earned. Has anyone tried using just the reforestation option < 10 euro?

By the way, it's interesting to see that the 2nd option values the miles at 1,1 cent, while the 3rd option only values them at 0,69 cents and the 4th option even lower at 0,5 cent.

The most value (cheapest XP's) can probably be had using the Reforestation + SAF option on very short flights where the fee is <5 euros. Upgrading AF/KL flights within Europe from Eco to Business typically results in an upcharge of about 5-6 euro per extra XP earned, so going above 6 euros per XP doesn't make much sense for me personally. I'd rather just upgrade flights and enjoy business class as a bonus.
From what I've heard it does round-up. I only tried the fourth option and it was on accident. But, I paid like 4000 euros worth of aviation fuel, but Flying Blue said that I was getting an extra 400 XP and an extra 32000 miles for the purchase, the same rate for miles as if I were purchasing a ticket with AF/KLM.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by physicsdude
From what I've heard it does round-up. I only tried the fourth option and it was on accident. But, I paid like 4000 euros worth of aviation fuel, but Flying Blue said that I was getting an extra 400 XP and an extra 32000 miles for the purchase, the same rate for miles as if I were purchasing a ticket with AF/KLM.
The answer I received from customer service is that ONLY the options with a portion of SAF in it round up. The reforestation option is a direct for every 10 euro spent 1 point, 9.99 euros? Tough luck on the reforesreforestation.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios

I purchased the 13 eur option, payment was split into 2 separate charges on my credit card. And I received as below, so for the reforestation you will not earn XP, only miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.