Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extra XP for CO2-offset and donations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Xandrios
So the KG of CO2 is based on the route and class of service. The price of the underlying ticket does not really matter it looks like. This also means that, in order to make this most efficient, you will need to find a flight that in distance results in a fee closest to the 10/19/33/469 euro figure. Not expecting them to do fractions/rounding...

Playing around with some routes these are actually quite high thresholds. Long European flights don't really qualify at all, not reaching the minimum amounts quoted.
[/color]

You will need a ticket to be able to buy the compensation, right? Question is, what happens if you don't fly that ticket - will they also refund the compensation (and potentially remove the XP from your account if those are credited at purchase)?
Any options to donate miles or purchase donations without flying to earn XP's? Would be interesting to find out what happens to the compensation if you don't fly even though ticket was purchased.

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by curiousexplorer
That would be an interesting thing, provided there is a partnership and a verifiable link.

I have asked about the XP for Cash option and also tried myself on a booking, paid 21 euros for the SAF+Reforestation option. For now nothing happened, no change in the XP estimation of the trip nor any crediting, so let's see. In theory it should give XP for both SAF and Reforestation based on what is written on the FB website. And again in theory it might be something like 1 XP for around 10 euros spent (a rough approximation of 2000 miles based on their calculation).

I also donated 2000 miles to a charity and got immediately 1 XP credited to my account, so that works well (plus it has a dynamic calculator that tells you how many XP you gain based on how much you want to donate).
Was the donation of the 2000 miles to charity option only available on a paid ticket or can you donate and still earn XP without flying? Thank you!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Diamond, some others as well
Originally Posted by 141park
Was the donation of the 2000 miles to charity option only available on a paid ticket or can you donate and still earn XP without flying? Thank you!
These are 2 different options. The first option is to donate miles to charity, for every 2000 miles you will get 1XP. Another option is while flying, offset your flight with SAF and the other options will earn you XP as mentioned above.
141park likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Clever scam. I would much rather upgrade or travel more leisure than to buy co2-XP.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I can see this as a way for flying blue to not top-up XPs when there are less than 5 XPs missing to renew one's status.
Simple solution will be to donate 2000 miles for each missing XP.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by KLBGO
Clever scam. I would much rather upgrade or travel more leisure than to buy co2-XP.
Nobody is preventing you from doing just that?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by jkler
From the Flying Blue XP page

Donating for one XP comes at the 10€ / XP rate.

Furthermore, French tax payers can deduct the donation from their income. (66% of the donation)
Meaning the "price" of the XP comes down to 3.4€ / XP, which is even better than any XP run.
I like that ! Thanks for the idea.
Does that mean that on every ticket, we could potentially add 47 XP for an after-deduction fee of 160€ ?
What would be the supporting documentation to request from AFKL to get the Tax deduction ?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: KrisFlyer / Flying Blue / Marriott Rewards / SPG
Does anyone have any official information on the expected XP reward for purchasing one of the reforestation/sustainable fuel options?
I only see the below example on the Flying Blue website, which seem very specific to a flight and I'm really not sure if we can use this to predict anything:
You will be offered four options to reduce or absorb CO2 emissions corresponding to your KLM AMS-YEG flight in economy:
- Reforestation: pay €10 or 2000 Miles – you will gain 1 XP
- Reforestation and Sustainable Aviation Fuel: pay €19 – you will gain 2 XP

- Sustainable Aviation Fuel and Reforestation: pay €33 – you will gain 4 XP
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel: pay €469 – you will gain 47 XP
Is it based on the CO2 kg of your reservation, of the leg you are flying, on anything else? If so what's the ratio..
On the summary page of one of my booking, I see those four options as well as their price but there is absolutely no indication on how many XP you could earn by purchasing them.
Anyone?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by jumpseat77
Does anyone have any official information on the expected XP reward for purchasing one of the reforestation/sustainable fuel options?
I only see the below example on the Flying Blue website, which seem very specific to a flight and I'm really not sure if we can use this to predict anything:

Is it based on the CO2 kg of your reservation, of the leg you are flying, on anything else? If so what's the ratio..
On the summary page of one of my booking, I see those four options as well as their price but there is absolutely no indication on how many XP you could earn by purchasing them.
Anyone?
The price is based on CO2 of reservation, which I guess goes by expected fuel burn divided by number of seats. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's the same betwen Y and J.

You then get 1 XP for every 10 EUR, rounded up. (except under 5) by current indications
Xandrios and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Is it possible to donate cash/miles if you don't currently have an itinerary booked (and receive XP for the donation)? I can't find a link to do that on the US website... any help greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
Is it possible to donate cash/miles if you don't currently have an itinerary booked (and receive XP for the donation)? I can't find a link to do that on the US website... any help greatly appreciated.
Just for miles. It is https://www.flyingblue.com/en/mileshub/donate/charities
ps9a likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ps9a
You can also "buy" XPs by buying one of AF's abonnement discount passes, no need to go via the donation route.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by mfkne
You can also "buy" XPs by buying one of AF's abonnement discount passes, no need to go via the donation route.
Hi, is there a link to purchase the AF's abonnement discount passes? Thank you!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 141park
Hi, is there a link to purchase the AF's abonnement discount passes? Thank you!
https://wwws.airfrance.id/informatio...ent-air-france
141park likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:04 am

Thank you. I had found it after posting but it keeps giving this error when trying to purchase any of these. Won't go tp the purchase site.

"Sorry, we're experiencing a technical problem that may take some time to fix. Please try again later."

Does it matter that I am in the US and trying to purchase it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.