Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways finally listed as Flying Blue Partner - with a twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA Airways finally listed as Flying Blue Partner - with a twist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No; the configuration is (look back to point #5): FCO-AMS, flying KL, ITA Lounge.
And of course the answer is: No.
The operating airline (KL) will pay for admittance to "their" lounge (Plaza Premium), so KL will not pay for their passengers to use the ITA lounge (no such contract exists at FCO - yet!)
In that case of course, but observe what AurelAF96 wrote:

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Happen to me 2weeks ago and it's written on the webiste of ITA and i was flying on an ITA flight and ITA marketed flight so for you on a KL one for sure you'll not enter
which would mean that ITA rejected entry to STE+ on ITA metal and ITA paper which I find dubious.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
In that case of course, but observe what AurelAF96 wrote:

which would mean that ITA rejected entry to STE+ on ITA metal and ITA paper which I find dubious.
BTW i only said in FCO, not the case at LIN, but:

I understand that feeling and makes sense moreover but was the case, i even add to them what you said, as it doesn't make sense as i'm on ITA marketed flights and metal that i can enter even with an AF STE+

But they send me that: https://www.itaspa.com/en_it/fly-ita...cess-mode.html
And said that AF/KL not pay the entrance for any passengers of their frequent flyer program even on non AF/KL flights so can't enter. Maybe i didn't had the best argument and they had some confusion between AF/KL marketed flights and AF/KL STE+ on ITA flights

Maybe some others will not have this issue
i will fly from FCO next weekend, will report what will happen
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I was let in (and they apologised) at ORY, but apparently the agreement isn't in place yet so it sounded like a but of a favour more than the norm.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
BTW i only said in FCO, not the case at LIN, but:

I understand that feeling and makes sense moreover but was the case, i even add to them what you said, as it doesn't make sense as i'm on ITA marketed flights and metal that i can enter even with an AF STE+

But they send me that: https://www.itaspa.com/en_it/fly-ita...cess-mode.html
And said that AF/KL not pay the entrance for any passengers of their frequent flyer program even on non AF/KL flights so can't enter. Maybe i didn't had the best argument and they had some confusion between AF/KL marketed flights and AF/KL STE+ on ITA flights

Maybe some others will not have this issue
i will fly from FCO next weekend, will report what will happen
That might be some sort of a training issue for ITA then. Of course AFKL will not pay ITA for pax of their FFP on non-AFKL flights. It is the operating airline that pays for lounge access, not the FFP.

Moreover, the table says Skyteam Elite Plus with ST BP except SU, AF, KL, not Skyteam Elite Plus (except Flying Blue, Aeroflot Bonus) with ST BP.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
That might be some sort of a training issue for ITA then. Of course AFKL will not pay ITA for pax of their FFP on non-AFKL flights. It is the operating airline that pays for lounge access, not the FFP.

Moreover, the table says Skyteam Elite Plus with ST BP except SU, AF, KL, not Skyteam Elite Plus (except Flying Blue, Aeroflot Bonus) with ST BP.
so with a matched ITA status you can enter the FCO lounge even when flying on another SkyTeam airline? According to the table on ITA website it should be possibe.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
so with a matched ITA status you can enter the FCO lounge even when flying on another SkyTeam airline? According to the table on ITA website it should be possibe.
Except when flying AFKL (in which case you should have access to Plaza Premium in theory) or SU (I don't know which lounge they use).

That should mean UX, OK, DL, KQ, KE, ME, SV, RO, CI are all using ITA lounge, but YMMV (as with pretty much everything ITA related)

edit: this is for STE+. If I read the table right, for ITA Executive and Premium, you can enter ITA lounge even with BP for AFKL (and SU if they come back to FCO)
Old Mar 28, 2022, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Except when flying AFKL (in which case you should have access to Plaza Premium in theory) or SU (I don't know which lounge they use).

That should mean UX, OK, DL, KQ, KE, ME, SV, RO, CI are all using ITA lounge, but YMMV (as with pretty much everything ITA related)

edit: this is for STE+. If I read the table right, for ITA Executive and Premium, you can enter ITA lounge even with BP for AFKL (and SU if they come back to FCO)
I was refereing to that section of the table

ITA status plus SkyTeam boarding pass = access - will try it on Tuesday.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)

I don't know because the dragon at the lounge was an-ex Alitalia employees as she said to me multiple times that the lounge was closed for more than a year

Anyway, i'll udpate you with a new try next sunday; if someone by that time with an AF/KL STE+ on an ITA flight can try and let us know
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stil
Wasn't it also the case that AZ didn't allow E+ (don't know the reason, or if it was just a matter of capacity control) in to FCO lounges if they were not flying AZ?
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
I remember visiting the AZ lounges as Flying Blue Platinum flying KL or AF from FCO.
I had no issue when was stillwaiting to clear D1 upgrade on DL metal. They saw my STE+ and flying DL, got in no issues . (Just before CV19)
Stil likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:53 pm

I found this footnote on an ITA page:
SkyPriority services are recognized only on flights operated by ITA Airways; Club Plus Members will also soon be able to enjoy the benefits reserved for Elite Plus Members on SkyTeam alliance flights
https://www.itaspa.com/en_en/volare/...b/premium.html
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:29 am
Original Poster

More info regarding the flaws of ITA volare recognition - looks like that in the second half of 2022 most issues should be sorted out.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/04/01/...kyteam-status/

Recognition of Volare Elite and Elite Plus by SkyTeam members will be progressively rolled out starting Q2 2022
Reciprocal earn and burn/redemption with ITA will be progressively launched starting H2 of this year.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
So... 2 out of 3 from AF. It was a yes with an apology in ORY, a yes after a faff in PTP, but a polite and firm "we have no agreement with them" at CDG 2E (concourse K) today. The eff off was implied
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Ahem.

Last edited by mfkne; Apr 3, 2022 at 11:59 am Reason: Wrong thread
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfkne
I don't fly AF, so I can't say, but on KLM it's been four years or so since I was addressed by name while travelling in Y and was offered an upgrade for miles - so it was a sales pitch. In J it's much more common (because it's normal procedure). Recently flew in Eco Comfort on longhaul with my wife (also Plat) and our daughter (Gold), and there was nothing special. In one of those post-flight surveys they ask something along the lines of "Did you feel as a special valued customer", and I never had a reason to answer yes to that question.
I have a feeling that you intended to post this in another thread than this one (this one, perhaps?)
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NickB
I have a feeling that you intended to post this in another thread than this one (this one, perhaps?)
You are very correct, Sir!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.