Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue "Altitude" event in NYC in November

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Nothing in the Geneva or Dusseldorf areas coming up? I could play them a tune, if they stick an electric piano in there!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by vinnyc
I have been invited as well and intend to show up, since it is literally across the street from my office, so I will go after work.
Interesting that I have not (do I sound like Maleficent? ). Perhaps does Air France feel that the Illinois hinterland is too far from NYC, especially for a cocktail. Since Flying Blue comes to NYC for the marathon, which was on the 3rd, perhaps does the management want to kill two birds with one stone, and take the opportunity to meet with the east-coast top-tier.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by rosensfole
There's a similar event in MAN to celebrate KLMs 100 years on Wednesday night. I'm looking forward to it.

Any locals on here attending?
Hmm. No...
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Macaron54
Interesting that I have not (do I sound like Maleficent? ). Perhaps does Air France feel that the Illinois hinterland is too far from NYC, especially for a cocktail.
As I said, you really didn't miss out, unless you think a bottle of champagne and a beer glass is worth the flight from Chicago . Either way I'm pretty sure invitations were confined to NYC, maybe DC and Boston too, but I overheard one of the organizers saying that they had twice more people than they anticipated and they had to stop accepting RSVPs 4 days after they sent out the invites. Apparently they had invited 100 or so people and nearly 200 showed up - not sure what they were thinking, since I guess almost everyone brings a +1 to these things.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Klems
As I said, you really didn't miss out, unless you think a bottle of champagne and a beer glass is worth the flight from Chicago . Either way I'm pretty sure invitations were confined to NYC, maybe DC and Boston too, but I overheard one of the organizers saying that they had twice more people than they anticipated and they had to stop accepting RSVPs 4 days after they sent out the invites. Apparently they had invited 100 or so people and nearly 200 showed up - not sure what they were thinking, since I guess almost everyone brings a +1 to these things.
Many thanks, Klems. Definitely not worth the two-hour+ drive to ORD and the flight to NYC, indeed. Still, this Flying Blue get-together is interesting. Who from the top management was there local representatives, or some European folks?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:31 pm

You're very welcome.

Originally Posted by Macaron54
Who from the top management was there – local representatives, or some European folks?
I may have missed some of them, but the "main" guy was Stephane Ormand who is the GM for AFKLM in the US. I also saw the JFK station manager, the high contribution passengers supervisor, the JFK lounge manager, and a few La Premire agents. I'm sure there were more people, but those are the ones I've seen. So it was mostly NYC based people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.