Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Flying Blue Petroleum not accepting new members, will close in 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue Petroleum not accepting new members, will close in 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by CyBeR
But the industry doesn't matter. Just how much revenue they expect you to generate.
Apparently they thought to get some revenue out of the oil industry as well, why else would they provide free benefits?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by arjen05
Apparently they thought to get some revenue out of the oil industry as well, why else would they provide free benefits?
I've always seen that as more "we depend on the oil industry so we better be nice to them".
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by CyBeR
I've always seen that as more "we depend on the oil industry so we better be nice to them".
I doubt whether KLM is that charitative :-)
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: KLM Silver
Pity...

It's a pity it's going. We noticed here when a colleague tried to enroll on the 1st October. It did seem a bit of an anomaly, being the one industry selected for special treatment.
I can maintain probably a silver card on the cheap economy fares my company buys, but getting into lounges is going to be tricky after next year - somewhat to my surprise I seem to have got to gold.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Friend of mine moved to France a few years ago to work for a local insurance company. He was middle management. In his first week in the job, his assistant "organised" a Platinum card for him. I presume they have some sort of corporate contract where they can hand out a certain number of cards to their staff.

But since that possibility does exist, what is the point of the petroleum program?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.