Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Claiming missing FB miles - currently impossible

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Originally Posted by edwinw
Tried claiming via Facebook today, got the response that it is currently not possible to use social media to claim.miles.

Alternative they provide is the web form, but only in urgent cases (going to another level or almost 6 months passed).

Everybody else simply has to wait?
That's the stock response from them.

Make a claim through the Flying Blue site.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
The online claim machine seems to be working again. I just managed to retro-claim 3 flights for my wife in the twinkling of an electronic eye...
Yony likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:54 am

I just submitted a claim online for a flight from June 30 and it went through as soon as I clicked.
Yony likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
The online claim machine seems to be working again. I just managed to retro-claim 3 flights for my wife in the twinkling of an electronic eye...
Did you claim for a KL flight? Or doesn't it work for partners like Garuda anyways?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
I just tried to claim using the online form and my ticket number. This is all I get:

"GOED NIEUWS!

Dit heb je gespaard:

MILES"

No miles or XP added.
I have tried the form, after which I got an e-mail three weeks ago (nothing since then).
I have tried FB messenger where they keep saying they don't know when it will be fixed.

It's been 3.5 months and the XP from the flight that I'm missing would get me to gold, so I'm getting a liiiittle bit annoyed.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Originally Posted by Boturham
Did you claim for a KL flight? Or doesn't it work for partners like Garuda anyways?
All AF flights. 3 flights.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by flyphilrun
All AF flights. 3 flights.
Just tried for Garuda, still got the same message that its not possible to claim miles right now. I don't understand why they don't tell you that before you fill in the form.
flyphilrun likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Did not want to open a new thread for this short clarification: received 3,000 FB miles tagged as "Customer Service" from the beginning of July. I have not even spoken to FB customer service recently.

The only thing I could think of is my claim with Delta due to a delay from a few weeks ago, but I am expecting cash according to EU261 there and certainly not a measly 3,000 miles.

Does anyone have an idea what this line "Customer Service" could refer to?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue
The Flying Blue page did not work for me so I went direct to Air France Facebook page and messaged them.

Sent them the pictures of the boarding passes and brief message on the flight segments.

Miles and XP were credited the next day.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:31 am

I had a mixed itinerary way back in May, that I was finally able to claim for in June. The missing KL legs posted pretty soon after that, but nothing from the (SkyTeam) partner leg, so I posted another claim.

Today it finally came in, along with the KL legs for a second time, so I'm 10XP up on the deal (I only tried to claim for the partner leg).

Bizarrely, the mileage for the KL legs that I was reimbursed today is ~50% higher than the mileage I was reimbursed in June. They are the same legs.
Yony likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:57 am

Getting credited for miles is still a huge struggle. I haven't been properly credited for at least half the flights I've taken since April, and the Claim Missing Miles function on the website doesn't work (it either says "cannot find this reservation" or "unknown technical error." I've had to use Twitter & email to request credit for flights, the response on these requests is very slow and requires numerous followups to get action.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
Originally Posted by voyageuse53
Getting credited for miles is still a huge struggle. I haven't been properly credited for at least half the flights I've taken since April, and the Claim Missing Miles function on the website doesn't work (it either says "cannot find this reservation" or "unknown technical error." I've had to use Twitter & email to request credit for flights, the response on these requests is very slow and requires numerous followups to get action.
They're a complete mess. Half of mine still aren't getting credited but I'm now finding that a message via the FB site sorts it out quickly.

A lot of people who don't keep a close eye on these things are going to lose out.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:07 am

My flight from AMS to CDG got cancelled so I would my my connecting flight to CAI. This was a FB award ticket. I got rebooked to Aeroflot via SVO. Should I be able to claim xp and miles for the rebooking?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by maarten22
My flight from AMS to CDG got cancelled so I would my my connecting flight to CAI. This was a FB award ticket. I got rebooked to Aeroflot via SVO. Should I be able to claim xp and miles for the rebooking?
No, as this is an award ticket, unless if there is a technical glitch due to the rebooking class with the other Skyteam carrier (which can happen).
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:55 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Check your bookin details to see if you have been rebooked into an earning class. If yes, first wait to see if they are credited automatically. If that doesn’t work you can try the missing-miles function on the website.

Just be aware that officially you don’t have rights to these miles. Not even if your original flight was a paid one: You only have right to the originally booked itinerary. So the SVO legs would never be included officially.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.