Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Claiming missing FB miles - currently impossible

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Check your bookin details to see if you have been rebooked into an earning class. If yes, first wait to see if they are credited automatically. If that doesn’t work you can try the missing-miles function on the website.

Just be aware that officially you don’t have rights to these miles. Not even if your original flight was a paid one: You only have right to the originally booked itinerary. So the SVO legs would never be included officially.
According to the Saudia website it's Q.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Check your bookin details to see if you have been rebooked into an earning class. If yes, first wait to see if they are credited automatically. If that doesn’t work you can try the missing-miles function on the website.

Just be aware that officially you don’t have rights to these miles. Not even if your original flight was a paid one: You only have right to the originally booked itinerary. So the SVO legs would never be included officially.
Now that award and revenue fare classes are the same, it is not enough to look at the fare letter to know if you earn miles or not. The fare code (several letters code) is the key.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Now that award and revenue fare classes are the same, it is not enough to look at the fare letter to know if you earn miles or not. The fare code (several letters code) is the key. [/left]
Is that also the case for SU flights? I though that only applies to AFKL ones?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold. Miles and More SEN.
I've just had yet another flight not credited automatically, but at least this time I was able to do it myself on the FB site without waiting for a response to a message.
One step at a time...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
So it works for you now? I still get random errors popping up all over the place. Oddly enough, one leg of one of the flights credited neatly while the others didn't. All in the same booking class... Weird.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Not entirely related to the tool not working (it is indeed not working at least for me) - but more on retroactive crediting of miles. So I had originally flights booked with Swiss, which they cancelled my flights and left me more or less stranded in ZRH, so Swiss rebooked me on KLM.
I did enter my FB number into the booking - but as expected due to mix of alliances, that number must have dropped down/lost in the system. I tried to claim manually this with KLM/FB, and just received a message that since I was on a rebooked flight from Swiss my retrocredit is not eligible. I find this very strange as usually this should also be eligible - KLM is still receiving $$ from Swiss on a revenue ticket and class.
Or is there a change in policy?

Cheers!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 6:06 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Called the helpline today - but strangely still not connected to FB but to what I believe was just some agent (KLM?). Tried to get clarity on this and I was referred to the T&C specifically " In the event of a transfer onto an alternative flight due to unforeseen circumstances the Member will gain XP and earn Miles for the flight the Member originally purchased, not for the route flown."

Therefore I was told to submit my request with my KLM boarding pass back to the LH group for the miles credit. Seems that they are interpreting the above that no matter who did the rebooking, as long as you are rebooked, you have to go back to your original provider to get the credit.
I just gave up and submitted my claim to Delta SM.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Is the online "Claim miles" function still not working? I have a couple of DL flights where I was unable to enter my FB number during check in and now when trying to retro-claim the miles all I get is "The given passenger was not found".

Any ideas what to try next? Is calling the only option?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by haapalainen
Is the online "Claim miles" function still not working? I have a couple of DL flights where I was unable to enter my FB number during check in and now when trying to retro-claim the miles all I get is "The given passenger was not found".

There is also the chat box on the FB website. Generally speaking, retroclaiming miles used to be quick and straight forward and has become quite a bit cumbersome recently...
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue

I had to claim miles 2 weeks ago on a case simpler than yours (AF operated flight).
The website didn’t work, chat agents were useless. The solution was to call (a few times) the FB line. At some point one of the agents fixed it quickly.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver

To update on this, I ended up sending an email through the FyingBlue website specifying I have problems claiming missing miles and uploaded photos of the boarding passes. The miles were added to my account in about a week's time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.