FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   Claiming missing FB miles - currently impossible (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1912113-claiming-missing-fb-miles-currently-impossible.html)

Yony Jun 1, 2018 1:09 am

Claiming missing FB miles - currently impossible

I noticed that I hadn't been credited a KLM flight and that I couldn't claim online (error code).

I've contacted KLM and it seems that it's currently not possible to claim any missing Miles and XP due to technical issues.

They have no idea when it will be fixed.

cpmed43 Jun 1, 2018 10:41 pm

As data point for another somewhat related issue, I tried transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Flying Blue (I wanted to book one of the shorter routes that is actually cheaper now as of June 1st) and it did not transfer instantly as it usually does. Has been 24 hours+ now. I called Chase and they said it went through on their end. I called Flying Blue and the agent was actually quite helpful and said he could see the transfer, but it was not processing and that they had had similar issues with multiple customers since the recent switch in the Flying Blue program. I asked if they could put the award reservation on hold for me until the points came through, and they actually did one better and issued the ticket by letting me "borrow" miles (my account has a negative mileage balance right now). He said it would then use the miles automatically once they eventually transfer. I was pleasantly surprised they actually were able to help me out at Flying Blue to lock in the award I wanted on only one phone call!

bostontraveler Jun 2, 2018 9:30 am

same problem on my end.

flyphilrun Jun 3, 2018 1:13 am

Same problem for me on a KQ flight I'm trying to retro claim for.... Not possible online and not possible through FB at the moment...

nldogbert Jun 4, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know when will this be fixed? Tried to do it online, and only thing I get is like it seems successful and it moves to the next page but shows a big picture of my card and that's it. Checking the activity, nothing is registered. The old system used to show close to immediate an updated view of the flights claimed.

Cheers!

RevJJ Jun 14, 2018 1:30 am

Hi,

I have been contacting CS about this since April to claim missing miles. At one point they asked me to send a picture of the ticket, but the response I have gotten the last two times was that it is currently not possible to retroclaim miles and they do not know when it will be fixed.

- JJ

flying_blue_white_red Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...efa4d59119.jpg

Originally Posted by flyphilrun (Post 29822649)
Same problem for me on a KQ flight I'm trying to retro claim for.... Not possible online and not possible through FB at the moment...

After 2 online claims in April, 2 letters to FB in May , missing miles have been credited 2 days ago so basically 2 months after the first claim.
Just be patient and don't ever give up :D

Yony Jun 14, 2018 10:09 am

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red (Post 29866509)
After 2 online claims in April, 2 letters to FB in May , missing miles have been credited 2 days ago so basically 2 months after the first claim.
Just be patient and don't ever give up :D

Well done. I intend being equally persistent, and it's good to know they can add miles if they want to.
Do you mean you wrote to them online twice (automated online claims aren't possible for me in the usual way) and then wrote paper letters twice?
Which address did you send your letters to please? I can't find a physical address anywhere.

Porcepic Jun 14, 2018 4:05 pm

You can also try to contact their twitter team (AF tends to be more efficient than KL on this imo).
I recently got an issue with an AF-coded flight operated by MU not credited and that I could not retroclaim online (kept getting an error), and their twitter team succeeded in fixing the issue. The operation is though listed in my account as "Air adjustment"... but so long the XP & miles are here!...

AlvinMaker Jun 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Same here, got a month-old flight credited today following an online request and a message on Twitter. Maybe their systems are working again!

Goldorak Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm

For Ultimates, the TA are also able to credit missing XPs and miles. Maybe it’s all manual, but there’s definitely a way to do it.

flying_blue_white_red Jun 15, 2018 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Yony (Post 29866553)
Well done. I intend being equally persistent, and it's good to know they can add miles if they want to.
Do you mean you wrote to them online twice (automated online claims aren't possible for me in the usual way) and then wrote paper letters twice?
Which address did you send your letters to please? I can't find a physical address anywhere.

What I've been told when I called them (1 month ago), is that manual crediting takes a while due to the strikes!
Here the steps followed:
1/ First automated online claim did not work stipulating: too early to claim or flight not accruing miles and the likes...
2/ 2nd online claim got me the usual notification "message sent successfully". Unlike the previous times, where an email is received within the 3 days from FB, saying an answer will come shortly, no news from them whatsoever!
3/ I decided to write FB the factual normal letter (with original BPs) to this adress - also used in November 2017:
Flying Blue
F - 94852 IVRY sur SEINE cedex
rance
4/ Also here, after 2-3 weeks or so no news from FB whereas it does take a maximum of one week after posting the letter to hear from them. so time for the "3rd" automated online mail.
5/ Worried and puzzled, I've sent this time a Electronic Proof of Delivery letter with the exact same results as above.
6/ So 3 weeks ago, I decided to give AF ( not FB) a call (3272 from France), a 30 minute wait revealed me that the first letter has definitely been received but staff did not have time to reply to it ... :confused:
7/ After that, everything went relatively quickly and finally, the 12th of June, the unexpected news relieved me... but what is crazy is that they muted for so long!

Yony Jun 18, 2018 6:09 am

Good news.

My communications made through the FB website using the automated form has worked and my missing miles and XP have been credited today (as an Air Adjustment).

bodory Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

See also: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...-recently.html

flyphilrun Jun 23, 2018 2:11 am

After my 4th attempt at sending the missing flight details in through the flying Blue channel I have just received an email asking me not to send it in again "in order to help them serve me better".... Perhaps if they just credited my miles and XPs I wouldn't have to keep sending it to them.