Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Old Dec 3, 17, 12:43 pm
  #181  
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santo Domingo, Dom. Rep. / Washington, DC
Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Posts: 4,170
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
It doesn't.
KLM doesn't, however, there was a page on the AF site about "exceptional upgrade offers" that mentioned extra luggage allowance, but this page somehow disappeared from the site.
SDQBound is offline  
Old Dec 3, 17, 1:35 pm
  #182  
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santo Domingo, Dom. Rep. / Washington, DC
Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Posts: 4,170
Update: contacted AF and they said "You will be able to enjoy the advantages and services related to your new travel class, however, the number of Miles you earn for this trip will be based on the conditions of the ticket that you originally purchased.", so I assume luggage is part of these advantages and services.
SDQBound is offline  
Old Dec 5, 17, 6:24 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: GOT
Programs: KL Plat
Posts: 307
According to the KLM site, you do get an upgraded baggage allowance when upgrading at OLCI, see [apparently I can't post URLs yet, but google for "KLM baggage allowance" and jump to the "Good to know" section]

"Good to know
  • If you bought an upgrade to Business Class during check-in or at a kiosk, the baggage allowance of your new Business Class ticket applies."
So I went ahead and booked an upgrade on behalf of someone for the second segment of TRN-AMS-GOT, yet luggage allowance was still 0. Contacted them on Facebook and asked, they said luggage allowance is not affected by OCLI upgrades, so I pointed them to the above link which explicitly says the opposite, to which they apologised for the confusion and maintained OCLI upgrades don't upgrade luggage allowance.

But just to add to the confusion, they wanted to take 2 bags and it was past the deadline to buy online... so the quote was €110. On checking in, they actually had the first bag for free, and only needed to pay for the second.
Solevita is offline  
Old Dec 5, 17, 2:47 pm
  #184  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Flying blue LTP Ultimate, SPG platinum, Hertz Platinum, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 156
CDG-JNB

1 800 or 205 000 miles from I to P.
Guess What.. .
breton1fr is offline  
Old Dec 5, 17, 3:07 pm
  #185  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 656
Speaking of which, anybody offered a paid upgrade from J to P accepted it? For how much?
Sjondorn is offline  
Old Dec 5, 17, 8:31 pm
  #186  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Royal Orchid Gold - Accor A-Club Platinum
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by Sjondorn View Post
Speaking of which, anybody offered a paid upgrade from J to P accepted it? For how much?
CDG - JNB 1400+50000 miles
Award Business to First
franck75002 is offline  
Old Dec 7, 17, 6:36 pm
  #187  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 414
MEX-CDG

OLCI offered:
PE (S) to Biz GBP1004 or 112,500 miles !
Airframe is offline  
Old Dec 8, 17, 1:23 am
  #188  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 🇸🇬 🇭🇰 🇫🇷
Programs: Many
Posts: 4,735
The price in miles is actually higher than a full award ticket and it comes on top of the existing S fare already paid.

They have lost their minds...
Goldorak likes this.
bodory is offline  
Old Dec 9, 17, 3:33 am
  #189  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 2,956
CDG-DXB, Econ is full. Told my lounge agent my revenue X fare was not eligible far any upgrades.
StuckOnSegments is offline  
Old Dec 9, 17, 9:16 am
  #190  
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santo Domingo, Dom. Rep. / Washington, DC
Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Posts: 4,170
Originally Posted by StuckOnSegments View Post
CDG-DXB, Econ is full. Told my lounge agent my revenue X fare was not eligible far any upgrades.
Did you have an AF ticket or a DL ticket? I've never been able to pay for an upgrade at the airport when my flights are booked by Delta, it's pretty much OLCI or nothing.
SDQBound is offline  
Old Dec 10, 17, 12:30 am
  #191  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 2,956
Originally Posted by SDQBound View Post
Did you have an AF ticket or a DL ticket? I've never been able to pay for an upgrade at the airport when my flights are booked by Delta, it's pretty much OLCI or nothing.
Delta - so maybe thats it.
StuckOnSegments is offline  
Old Dec 10, 17, 4:12 am
  #192  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Posts: 945
CDG to JNB tomorrow. Got an iffer to upgrade to Business from Economy for 467. I am in Y class B. But never got the miles or part miles part cash options.
BA6948 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 17, 4:32 am
  #193  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Posts: 2,179
B can be very expensive and is usually fully flexible, perhaps the fare difference to business (by making a normal ticket change and paying the fare difference) is lower than 467 GBP. LON JNB in B class is 1007 GBP+tax half round trip and LON JNB in I class (available tomorrow) is 1204.50 GBP+tax. Add 40 GBP for higher YR fuel surcharge in business and 75 GBP for the added ADP tax, a change of ticket from BFFGB to I2SFGB would cost you 312.50 GBP, and you would earn more miles and get the feeder flight in business. But then, perhaps you don't travel from LON, perhaps the B fare is a corporate negotiated fare, perhaps you had more flights, perhaps you need flexibility until departure (the I2SFGB is semi flexible) etc. Many reason why the upgrade offer might be relevant to you.
ranskis is offline  
Old Dec 10, 17, 5:37 am
  #194  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Posts: 945
Originally Posted by ranskis View Post
B can be very expensive and is usually fully flexible, perhaps the fare difference to business (by making a normal ticket change and paying the fare difference) is lower than 467 GBP. LON JNB in B class is 1007 GBP+tax half round trip and LON JNB in I class (available tomorrow) is 1204.50 GBP+tax. Add 40 GBP for higher YR fuel surcharge in business and 75 GBP for the added ADP tax, a change of ticket from BFFGB to I2SFGB would cost you 312.50 GBP, and you would earn more miles and get the feeder flight in business. But then, perhaps you don't travel from LON, perhaps the B fare is a corporate negotiated fare, perhaps you had more flights, perhaps you need flexibility until departure (the I2SFGB is semi flexible) etc. Many reason why the upgrade offer might be relevant to you.
it is a return CDG-JNB-CDG. Tried to check for price difference to W and J and the fares were massive. I now got an offer to J for 32k miles which I am going to take.
BA6948 is offline  
Old Dec 10, 17, 5:42 am
  #195  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 15,697
Originally Posted by BA6948 View Post
I now got an offer to J for 32k miles which I am going to take.
32K miles is indeed not too bad. I would have taken it also !
Goldorak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: