Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Milkman
13/1 CDG-PTY on 772 with BEST:

T-48 J class presumably showed amble space with J7 and fare bucket space gradually decreasing to Z2.
Upon online check-in offered upgrade from L class at 579 EUR which I was happy to take. 11h in BEST is sweet and it was an employer paid ticket in the first place so my personal spend is somewhat limited.
I had a few issues during check-in and actually thought I had lost the oportunity of upgrading. Had to start all over and at some point was also offered upgrade for 99 EUR on my connecting flight from CPH (which I didnt take as I am already in seat 3D I and can have a much better breakfast in the lounge in CPH than onboard).
Eventually was re-offered the upgrade on the long haul at same price. Much to my relief.

Space in J is now down to J3 C2 with everything else 0ed. It's possible that a few others like me have jumped on this offer.

As a side note, I paid around 400 EUR for the same upgrade 3 months ago at T-56 through the email offer prior to check-in.
CPH-CDG left with not a single soul in J. CDG-PTY on the other hand was sold out in J - even with the big 40 seat cabin (usually PTY gets the 28 seat cabin).

Last edited by Milkman; Jan 14, 2018 at 8:40 am
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: FB Gold
XMN-AMS todays offer 116000 miles for upgrading V-fare at checkin counter. I declined, no cash offer was made.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by KL803
XMN-AMS todays offer 116000 miles for upgrading V-fare at checkin counter. I declined, no cash offer was made.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:13 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Does it ever go under 89? I'd like to try AF euro C, but I don't want to pay 89 extra, more like 69 or so is my limit.
(also, since I'm not E+ yet, does the checkin upgrade include lounge access? I have an 3.5h transfer upcoming, so a lounge would help)
I was proposed earlier this year 49 EUR for CDG-DUS. I took it. The original ticket was a cheap one way (100 EUR) that turned out to be a Y full flex as I discovered when my 1500 Miles posted
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I was proposed earlier this year 49 EUR for CDG-DUS. I took it. The original ticket was a cheap one way (100 EUR) that turned out to be a Y full flex as I discovered when my 1500 Miles posted
I think it turned out to be the discount business, which also counts for 200%. Or did you see it in some report as Y class?

Either way this is a known bug in check-in upgrade feature, where it shouldn't change the mileage earning, but actually very often does. If it works in the background by changing the ticket to a flexible one presumably in the highest class available... which on the day of travel, sure it would likely be Y/B/M...
Hmm.

Of course the big question now is how will it work with XP. If it would still give out business class XP for an upgrade, that would be a hell of an advantage, effectively 2 sectors worth extra for some 50-100 EUR...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:49 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This line in the earning reports:
AF 1408 PAR STR Y1 200 %Level Miles / Qualifying flights+1,500
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Ah ha! In the new style Air France profile!

Until now I didn't see class anywhere but I went digging for this style report and found it... shows now for me as well:

AF 1741 AMS PAR GS 25 %
Thu 11 Jan 2018
Award Miles+ 188

So I guess that's a definitive bye bye to XP per upgrade.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by KL803
The offer on board by the purser was 83K. I took that because I was really suffering from a sinus problem. At least, service was beyond perfect, the crew took really good care of me. Under normal circumstances I would have stayed in economy class, though.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by fransknorge
This line in the earning reports:
My upgrade to PTY went the same way. From L to Y1. Miles doubled, in other words.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:08 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
CDG-WAW €59 - 9 available, none taken
WAW-CDG €69 - 5 available, none taken
CDG-LIS €129 - 5 available and the flight ended up leaving with only 3 C/CL seats empty (not sure if someone took or was op-uped).
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:16 am

DUB-AMS 119€ - 19 available, only one seat occupied. Surprised that they haven't opened more EC seats.
AMS-MSP 1199€ - 11 seats available, and I don't think anyone will bite at that price
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC, AZ Club Ulisse, EY Flight Club
I am flying
AMS-KUL (KL0809) 8 Feb 2018
KUL-AMS (KL0810) 14 Feb 2018

Both booked in Y (not sure about the booking class, but I suspect fairly high, since I bought them today).
I have also booked economy comfort seats (which I am aware in case of upgrade their price gets refunded).
Not too relevant but I am also Skyteam Elite

It's vital for me to have an upgrade from Y to J (cash, since I have only AZ miles) on KUL-AMS, any of you with EF can check it for me and give me an idea of the likelihood of this?
Anyone upgraded or received proposals at OCI or desk for this route?

Thanks everyone, and happy flights
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:10 am

If it is vital for you to fly in J for the KUL-AMS, you should book that segment in J, that is the only way to guarantee you fly in J.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC, AZ Club Ulisse, EY Flight Club
Originally Posted by Ditto
If it is vital for you to fly in J for the KUL-AMS, you should book that segment in J, that is the only way to guarantee you fly in J.
Maybe I have overstated it by saying "vital" but thanks for the obvious reminder Ditto.
If I could I would buy right away an upgrade only for that segment. Been in touch with KLM on online chat, and they can only upgrade the whole ticket (LIN-AMS-KUL-AMS-MXP), which is unnecessary for me.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Alberto C.
I am flying
AMS-KUL (KL0809) 8 Feb 2018
KUL-AMS (KL0810) 14 Feb 2018

Both booked in Y (not sure about the booking class, but I suspect fairly high, since I bought them today).
I have also booked economy comfort seats (which I am aware in case of upgrade their price gets refunded).
Not too relevant but I am also Skyteam Elite

It's vital for me to have an upgrade from Y to J (cash, since I have only AZ miles) on KUL-AMS, any of you with EF can check it for me and give me an idea of the likelihood of this?
Anyone upgraded or received proposals at OCI or desk for this route?

Thanks everyone, and happy flights

KL 810 KUL-AMS 14/02/2018

J9 C6 D0 I0 Z0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 K9 H9 L9
Q9 T2 E0 N0 R0 V0 X0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.