Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:43 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ditto
It doesn't.
KLM doesn't, however, there was a page on the AF site about "exceptional upgrade offers" that mentioned extra luggage allowance, but this page somehow disappeared from the site.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Update: contacted AF and they said "You will be able to enjoy the advantages and services related to your new travel class, however, the number of Miles you earn for this trip will be based on the conditions of the ticket that you originally purchased.", so I assume luggage is part of these advantages and services.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:24 am

Programs: KL Plat
According to the KLM site, you do get an upgraded baggage allowance when upgrading at OLCI, see [apparently I can't post URLs yet, but google for "KLM baggage allowance" and jump to the "Good to know" section]

"Good to know
  • If you bought an upgrade to Business Class during check-in or at a kiosk, the baggage allowance of your new Business Class ticket applies."
So I went ahead and booked an upgrade on behalf of someone for the second segment of TRN-AMS-GOT, yet luggage allowance was still 0. Contacted them on Facebook and asked, they said luggage allowance is not affected by OCLI upgrades, so I pointed them to the above link which explicitly says the opposite, to which they apologised for the confusion and maintained OCLI upgrades don't upgrade luggage allowance.

But just to add to the confusion, they wanted to take 2 bags and it was past the deadline to buy online... so the quote was €110. On checking in, they actually had the first bag for free, and only needed to pay for the second.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:47 pm

CDG-JNB

1 800€ or 205 000 miles from I to P.
Guess What.. .
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Speaking of which, anybody offered a paid upgrade from J to P accepted it? For how much?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Royal Orchid Gold - Accor A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Speaking of which, anybody offered a paid upgrade from J to P accepted it? For how much?
CDG - JNB 1400€+50000 miles
Award Business to First
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:36 pm

MEX-CDG

OLCI offered:
PE (S) to Biz GBP1004 or 112,500 miles !
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: Many
The price in miles is actually higher than a full award ticket and it comes on top of the existing S fare already paid.

They have lost their minds...
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: DL DM, MM
CDG-DXB, Econ is full. Told my lounge agent my revenue “X” fare was not eligible far any upgrades.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by StuckOnSegments
CDG-DXB, Econ is full. Told my lounge agent my revenue “X” fare was not eligible far any upgrades.
Did you have an AF ticket or a DL ticket? I've never been able to pay for an upgrade at the airport when my flights are booked by Delta, it's pretty much OLCI or nothing.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Did you have an AF ticket or a DL ticket? I've never been able to pay for an upgrade at the airport when my flights are booked by Delta, it's pretty much OLCI or nothing.
Delta - so maybe that’s it.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
CDG to JNB tomorrow. Got an iffer to upgrade to Business from Economy for Ł467. I am in Y class B. But never got the miles or part miles part cash options.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
B can be very expensive and is usually fully flexible, perhaps the fare difference to business (by making a normal ticket change and paying the fare difference) is lower than 467 GBP. LON JNB in B class is 1007 GBP+tax half round trip and LON JNB in I class (available tomorrow) is 1204.50 GBP+tax. Add 40 GBP for higher YR fuel surcharge in business and 75 GBP for the added ADP tax, a change of ticket from BFFGB to I2SFGB would cost you 312.50 GBP, and you would earn more miles and get the feeder flight in business. But then, perhaps you don't travel from LON, perhaps the B fare is a corporate negotiated fare, perhaps you had more flights, perhaps you need flexibility until departure (the I2SFGB is semi flexible) etc. Many reason why the upgrade offer might be relevant to you.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
B can be very expensive and is usually fully flexible, perhaps the fare difference to business (by making a normal ticket change and paying the fare difference) is lower than 467 GBP. LON JNB in B class is 1007 GBP+tax half round trip and LON JNB in I class (available tomorrow) is 1204.50 GBP+tax. Add 40 GBP for higher YR fuel surcharge in business and 75 GBP for the added ADP tax, a change of ticket from BFFGB to I2SFGB would cost you 312.50 GBP, and you would earn more miles and get the feeder flight in business. But then, perhaps you don't travel from LON, perhaps the B fare is a corporate negotiated fare, perhaps you had more flights, perhaps you need flexibility until departure (the I2SFGB is semi flexible) etc. Many reason why the upgrade offer might be relevant to you.
it is a return CDG-JNB-CDG. Tried to check for price difference to W and J and the fares were massive. I now got an offer to J for 32k miles which I am going to take.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6948
I now got an offer to J for 32k miles which I am going to take.
32K miles is indeed not too bad. I would have taken it also !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.