Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 , 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 , 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380 - 45XP (8,44/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 , 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 /42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've looked at what SK joining SkyTeam might bring us.

Out of AMS, we have the likes of

40XP for as low as 344EUR (316EUR with OTA), 8.60EUR/XP (7.90 via OTA) if you go to e.g. Stockholm with one stop. If you have a reason to go to STO, good value (probably possible for other hubs as well)
40XP for as low as 374EUR (348EUR with OTA) if you want to make a same-day return (not on weekends, those don't work as same-day returns or at least not as cheap)
60XP for as low as 446EUR (386EUR with OTA), 7.43EUR/XP (6.43 via OTA) for a 2-stop return to GOT.

All this is in SAS Plus, with earnings expected to be based on Premium Economy cabin.

It's not the greatest bargains, but from a hub, with no positioning, pretty good. Especially with the same-day return option meaning you really are only spending this much, and there is no positioning and hotels to contend with.

Last edited by Fabo.sk; May 3, 2024 at 5:02 am
Old May 3, 2024, 1:21 am

Programs: A plethora of Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
All this is in SAS Plus, with earnings expected to be based on Premium Economy cabin.
Now imagine if these earnings were to be based on a Business cabin... Goodbye KRK/NAP/etc, hello Scandinavia!
Old May 3, 2024, 1:40 am

Until AF-KL implements their intra-EU pricing in SK...
Old May 3, 2024, 5:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
In my excitement I forgot to realize that ARN-GOT is a domestic flight, and so is OSL-BOO and TRD-BOO etc.
So the two-stop itineraries that exist for under 400 EUR with SK are actually earning 48XP not 60, based on PE earning. Which is still not bad at ~8 EUR/XP but not as good as I advertise.

Regarding earnings, the fares are coded specifically as PE, not J. I fully expect to earn x2 not x3 XP.
Old May 3, 2024, 11:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
...until AFKL.change the branding of Sas+ to bizness.

To be fair it's the opposite that should happen. Eurobiz should be and should always have been branded as a premium eco product, for what it is.
vantage03 likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 2:01 am
fra

Interestingly enough my last AMS-FCO round trip was in a proper business lay flat seat 😊 not in the usual eco+ type business seat. Which was a nice change when we sat for 3 hours on the tarmac.
Maestro Ramen and Rim1 like this.
Old May 4, 2024, 5:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That's only on very specific long-haul configured ITA aircraft. They dont often fly to AMS. But if you're able to get booked on one... nice deal!
Old May 4, 2024, 10:54 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Hello everyone, as a new FB flyer I am still getting familiar with the ins & outs of the program. Would a DL coded flight between Canada & USA or USA & Mexico earn XP as a domestic or an international flight? It is clearly an intl flight but a lot of times airlines bundle CAN/US/MEX into one zone as North America, so wanted to confirm. Thank you.
Old May 4, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Flights between US and Canada/Mexico are international flights for FB.
You can check on the XP calculator available on FB website : https://www.flyingblue.us/en/programme/more-info/status
hhdl likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Far Siren
Hello everyone, as a new FB flyer I am still getting familiar with the ins & outs of the program. Would a DL coded flight between Canada & USA or USA & Mexico earn XP as a domestic or an international flight? It is clearly an intl flight but a lot of times airlines bundle CAN/US/MEX into one zone as North America, so wanted to confirm. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Porcepic
You can check on the XP calculator available on FB website : https://www.flyingblue.us/en/programme/more-info/status
Correct. But FYI, Carribean flights are considered domestic by DL .
Old May 7, 2024, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Porcepic
That's crazy. Wouldn't this make earning XPs really easy from North America (take DL flights and credit to FB)?
Old May 7, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by dhcustom
That's crazy. Wouldn't this make earning XPs really easy from North America (take DL flights and credit to FB)?
​​​​​​
Indeed is a great opportunity discussed in a previous post. For your information a member pointed out that breaking a flight wich departs and arrives in the US with a stop in Mexico or Canada is considered illegal by the airlines and may cause the airline to cancell the flight even at last minute. I recall it was called "cabotage rule" or something like that.
Single tickets preferably issued by different airlines would do it but you would loose airline protection in case of disruptions.
Old May 7, 2024, 3:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
Originally Posted by dhcustom
Yes but the thing is FB has some exceptions to their rules , you just need to know or find them
Old May 7, 2024, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
​​​​​​
Indeed is a great opportunity discussed in a previous post. For your information a member pointed out that breaking a flight wich departs and arrives in the US with a stop in Mexico or Canada is considered illegal by the airlines and may cause the airline to cancell the flight even at last minute. I recall it was called "cabotage rule" or something like that.
Single tickets preferably issued by different airlines would do it but you would loose airline protection in case of disruptions.
(1) Can ST codeshare flights involving non-ST airlines be credited towards FB for XP? For example Westjet codeshares with KE. KE is a part of ST but WJ is not. Can I receive credits for the Westjet segments if the entire flight is purchased through KE?

The rule on the website says "Gain XP on eligible flights marketed or operated by Air France, KLM, Transavia (only Plus and Max fare), Aircalin, Air Corsica flights between Paris-Orly and Corsica, and all our SkyTeam airline partners" and I'm thinking yes because the KE-WJ is marketed by KE, a Skyteam partner.

(2) Can DL redemption flights be credited for XP? DL counts redemption flights for MQD, not sure if the same concept applies to FB.

Last edited by dhcustom; May 7, 2024 at 3:25 am
Old May 7, 2024, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
​​​​​​
Cabotage issues only arise with non-US airlines. Cabotage rules typically prevent a foreign airline from providing domestic services within the country concerned. For instance, flying from JFK to LAX via YYZ with AC raises cabotage issues. OTOH, doing the same with DL does not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.