Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

AIR FRANCE and KLM invite you to join the Quality Observer Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AIR FRANCE and KLM invite you to join the Quality Observer Program

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The Quality Observer panel has already more than 5,500 registered members

More than 3 months after the launch of the program, the Quality Observer panel has already more than 5,500 registered members, having done more than 2,500 observations.

Through this program, the objective of AIR FRANCE KLM is to analyze and render a realistic vision of the quality of the services delivered on 254 destinations/more than 500 individual flights, on both economy class and business class.

All the destinations can be observed each week, altogether representing more than 26,000 observations per year. The surveys have so far covered about 75% of all of the airports served by AIR FRANCE and KLM in the world.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nicolas75
More than 3 months after the launch of the program, the Quality Observer panel has already more than 5,500 registered members, having done more than 2,500 observations.

Through this program, the objective of AIR FRANCE KLM is to analyze and render a realistic vision of the quality of the services delivered on 254 destinations/more than 500 individual flights, on both economy class and business class.

All the destinations can be observed each week, altogether representing more than 26,000 observations per year. The surveys have so far covered about 75% of all of the airports served by AIR FRANCE and KLM in the world.
Any information on how many invites were sent? One of the key figures we use to evaluate the quality of any sample is the response rate (as a proportion of responses compared to the number of invitations to answer) so this would be key to understanding the validity of the programme.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Update to Terms and Conditions

I have received the following message from the Quality Observer Team with the request to share it on Flyertalk:

Message from Quality Observer Team

We understand that there is a misunderstanding about the Terms & Conditions / privacy policy of the app. We are sorry that the current information about the app used within Quality Observer context leads to this misunderstanding. We will make sure that measures are taken to adjust/improve the information regarding the Quality Observers app, including the current shown Terms & Conditions.

We can assure that the Quality Observer app does not have any passive metering integrated. This means that we do not collect any personal data, and therefore are not able to process this, let alone use it. The app is only used for measuring the service conformity of AIR FRANCE and KLM for which objective questions are answered by the Quality Observer. The respective answers we receive from our Quality Observer are only used internally within AIR FRANCE and KLM and remain property of AIR FRANCE and KLM.
It would appear that AF/KLM is keeping an eye on this thread so please feel free to post any comments should you require so after receiving the above information.

Best, Gajan
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Gajan
I have received the following message from the Quality Observer Team with the request to share it on Flyertalk:

It would appear that AF/KLM is keeping an eye on this thread so please feel free to post any comments should you require so after receiving the above information.

Best, Gajan
Good that they checked and good that they reacted. I would like to think that our AF friends were as shocked by what they read as we were. Let us hope they clarify with their sub-contractor and get an amendment to the T&C volunteers have to sign up to.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Originally Posted by Gajan
I posted the same question to KLM on their FB page and reply was:
Originally Posted by KLM
Hello ok986, thank you for your interest and comment on the innovative AIR FRANCE KLM Quality Observer program. We are sorry that the current information about the app used within Quality Observer context leads to some misunderstanding. We will make sure that measures are taken to adjust/improve the information regarding the Quality Observers app, including the current shown Terms & Conditions. We can assure you that the Quality Observer app does not have any passive metering integrated. This means that we do not collect any personal data, and therefore are not able to process this, let alone use it. The app is only used for measuring the service conformity of AIR FRANCE and KLM for which objective questions are answered by the Quality Observer. The respective answers we receive from our Quality Observer are only used internally within AIR FRANCE and KLM and remain property of AIR FRANCE and KLM.
This all refers to KLM collecting data. But the data for AF/KLM is collected by LumiMobile. I asked AF/KLM whether they are planning to update the T&C to specifically exclude the possibility of collecting the above-mentioned data - which hasn't been done yet.

In other words, AF/KLM may not collect the data, but by using the app, one gives LumiMobile the permission to collect it...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: MUCCI
I just got an invite, and before consulting these illustrious pages, I registered.

But then the quality fell apart: when I clicked on the button to get an SMS with the app download code, I waited. And I waited and waited for them to send me the SMS. I waited for that SMS for three days, before emailing them to say I hadn't received it.

So I got a fairly speedy reply, full of apologies, and stating they had re-set the system and would I care to click on the link below. Which I did. And found myself going through the lost password rigmarole, and once again I clicked on "send SMS". And then I waited, and I waited.

So I wrote to them again. And again they put me through the lost password dance. So I wrote to them and said:

"You don't appear to be able to comprehend. I HAVEN'T LOST MY PASSWORD. YOU ARE NOT SENDING ME THE SMS! Without the SMS I cannot be a quality observer, and in fact you don't want me to be one, because your systems suck...."

So I got another speedy reply: "Dear Mr Mtdd, We are so sorry, we have reset the system, and perhaps you would follow the link below to re-set your password."

And then I strolled over to FT to read about those nefarious T&Cs. Lucky escape, it seems. Thanks to your incompetence, AF.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, SPG Plat100, HGP Plat, AF Plat, *A G (A3)
Originally Posted by ok986
Since no one raised this issue on Quality Observer program, I will. I've received the invitation too. Installed the app, and then went on to read the T&C and privacy policy.

What I found there shocked me. So Lumi Mobile (on behalf of AF/KLM, I presume) wants to have the right to the following (incl the right to sell this information further):

Am I the only person who finds this unnecessarily obtrusive?
Many of the T&Cs appear to be in conflict with the EU data protection law. And hiring an outside IT firm does not absolve AF's responsibility under the EU directives.
Some class action opportunity for some law firms?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:18 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the miles to post. I did a survey for a flight on 21 Dec and still haven't got the miles posted.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by FB06
Does anyone know how long it takes for the miles to post. I did a survey for a flight on 21 Dec and still haven't got the miles posted.
I've seen pretty much everything in between 10 days and 7 weeks for the 500 miles to post...
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've been asked many times to give my observations, but only for very short flights. Like I am asked to do this nearly every time I fly between LYS and AMS. On such a flight there isn't really anything to report or complain about. I think the only serious complaints I've had were about priority boarding and since then I have to say that priority boarding has worked very well each time I take these flights.

But I have also suggested that this app should remind us about 30 minutes before the flight instead of a day before. I'm generally quite busy before flights and often completely forget to run the app and give my comments. But since in my case it is mostly a waste of time I don't give it much thought.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: AFKLM_Silver_STE
8 weeks.

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
I've seen pretty much everything in between 10 days and 7 weeks for the 500 miles to post...
According to the quality observer website, which is not particularly easy to find, it takes 8 weeks to post the miles.

https://qualityobserver.tns-community.com/authorize

Last edited by fly_to_iran; Mar 18, 2015 at 4:33 am
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, BA Silver
Oh wow

Originally Posted by ok986
Since no one raised this issue on Quality Observer program, I will. I've received the invitation too. Installed the app, and then went on to read the T&C and privacy policy.

What I found there shocked me. So Lumi Mobile (on behalf of AF/KLM, I presume) wants to have the right to the following (incl the right to sell this information further):

Am I the only person who finds this unnecessarily obtrusive?
I just read that and went to my phone and deleted the app. I did act as quality observer on a recent AF trip, but Jesus: to know that they (might) collect all that data is shocking. No way. (And for what, then?)
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by macubu
I just read that and went to my phone and deleted the app. I did act as quality observer on a recent AF trip, but Jesus: to know that they (might) collect all that data is shocking. No way. (And for what, then?)
May I suggest then to delete all your Google, gmail, YouTube accounts/apps then?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75
May I suggest then to delete all your Google, gmail, YouTube accounts/apps then?
Oh, right! Doing that right now...

(But seriously: one thing is the tracking that those services do, but what was in those terms go far beyond the usual, no?)
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: AF FB PLAT
I didn't sign up to this service thanks to you guys. I'm really sorry AF/KL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.