Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

lounge access Etihad codeshare Air France operated by Etihad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lounge access Etihad codeshare Air France operated by Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Resurrecting an old thread but this looks the best place for the question.

i have booked a flight ABZ -CDG -AUH on an AF ticket but on EY metal from CDG - AUH. I am aware I can use the EY lounge in CDG but as I have a long connection of just over 6 hours the lounge will be closed for half the wait.

Is it possible to use an AF lounge in terminal 2E which I will be arriving into before making my way to 2C as I am on an AF ticket?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I don't believe you will have access to the departures area of any terminal other than the one from which you are leaving; so no.

But why not try the AF lounge in Terminal 2C?

(Are you travelling in Business class, or expecting to use some type of Flying Blue status to access the lounge?)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks Irishguy28

I am travelling business but I think the only Air France lounge in 2C is the arrivals for long haul flights and is not open in the afternoon. I will be arriving Paris at approx 1400.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
A Google search for "Etihad lounge Paris opening hours" suggests that it opens for the late flight at 3pm. If this is correct, the lounge should be open soon after you make it there, if it is not already open.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: KL Plat
Bumping this thread again...

I'm travelling GOT-CDG-AUH this week in Y, as Platinum, all flights AF marketed, CDG-AUH EY operated. Arriving in 2G, transferring to 2C.

Has anybody any recent experience of accessing the EY (or other) lounge in 2C as FB Elite+ on an AF marketed EY operated flight in Economy?

I've asked Air France and they replied I can use the arrivals lounge in 2C, which is great since it closes 4 hours before I arrive there.

It's only a 2 hour layover so won't be much time for the lounge, but I'd prefer to spend that time in a lounge rather than running around being turned away by dragons (although you could argue that's one way to pass the time!)
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I don't think that the rules have changed. Elite+ do not get lounge access or extra luggage on AF-coded EY flights.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by brunos
I don't think that the rules have changed. Elite+ do not get lounge access or extra luggage on AF-coded EY flights.
Not in Etihad lounge but yes in "le salon Paris". I used it in april departing from CDG 2C on an AF coded flight on EY (to Nepal via AUH)
BTW, due to the crowd waiting in eco line, I check-in through the business line, even if it is not written anywhere.
In AUH, no lounge for ST E+ in transit.
Solevita likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:10 am

Thanks for the replies, will give le salon Paris a try then.

Just had a look at the 2G - 2C transfer guide... go landside at 2G, bus to 2F, another bus to 2C, go airside. Clearly an airside bus from 2G to 2C would be too easy

AUH is my final destination, returning next week on a KL marketed EY flight to Bahrain then KL metal onwards. KLM say no lounge access in AUH if you're not flying on Skyteam metal, Air France say I can use the Al Dhabi lounge, which I'm doubting.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:17 am

Happy to report access granted to le salon Paris!

And despite what easycdg says, you do sensibly remain airside when connecting 2G-2C, with the advantage of immigration at 2G where there was no queue (still 2 busses though). Took about 25 mins.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Solevita
Happy to report access granted to le salon Paris!
How decent is that lounge ?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
How decent is that lounge ?
Actually, not that horrible in terms of catering. On par with AF lounge, with better waiting staff that, at least, refills the buffet frequently and clears the tables without having to ask.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by olivedel
Actually, not that horrible in terms of catering. On par with AF lounge, with better waiting staff that, at least, refills the buffet frequently and clears the tables without having to ask.
Yep that pretty much describes how I found it too.

Drinks selection in the fridges looked identical from what I can remember to that in 2F/2G lounges. They even had Air France napkins.

At least one flight was called for boarding in the lounge, we left a few minutes before our stated boarding time so didn't hear an announcement for our flight. Boarding didn't start till about 10 minutes later though so I guess they probably would have announced it too had we still been there.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Solevita
AUH is my final destination, returning next week on a KL marketed EY flight to Bahrain then KL metal onwards. KLM say no lounge access in AUH if you're not flying on Skyteam metal, Air France say I can use the Al Dhabi lounge, which I'm doubting.
And to update on the return (OK it's a KL coded flight rather than AF so slightly OT, but may help anyone searching in future).

Air France are right and KLM are wrong. Access granted at the Al Dhabi lounge. Only issue it's in T! but EY mostly(?) operate out of T3, so about 10 minute walk between the terminals. No worse than a far gate at AMS though
Zarmakuizz likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: FB Plat
Thank you for those informations Solevita. Informations valid for KL flights / codeshares tend to also apply for AF flights / codeshares.

It looks like we don't have any information about this lounge on the AF Lounge master thread, do you remember enough details about that lounge?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
It looks like we don't have any information about this lounge on the AF Lounge master thread, do you remember enough details about that lounge?
Just about remember enough, despite the near-constant refills of my wine glass...

Added a lounge review here and updated the wiki for this lounge and also the Al Reem lounge which should be usable too.
Zarmakuizz and Goldorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.