FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:47 am
Solevita

Programs: KL Plat
AUH - Al Dhabi lounge - Terminal 1

Name of the lounge
Al Dhabi lounge

Terminal 1. Directly accessible from Terminal 3, follow signs for Terminal 1, around a 10 minute walk between the terminals

Opening Hours
24/7

Entry requirements
Usual Skyteam requirements. Although I was travelling on a KL marketed EY flight, Air France said I could use the lounge and indeed that worked, this despite KLM telling me no lounge access when travelling on non-Skyteam metal!

Food offer
Self service hot buffe asian/middle eastern style. Around 4 different choices. 'Signature choice' during my visit was chicken biryani. I think 2 or three other dishes were available plus a pot of rice.
Cold salad buffe.
Various small deserts, plus a tray of something I wouldn't automatically associate with the middle east - bread and butter pudding.
Overall a good quality selection.

Drinks offer
Various soft drinks available inside the self service fridge in dining area.

Separate bar area with a staffed bar. Choice of 3 red wines and I think 3 whites, champagne. 15-20 liquors. 2 beers - the oh-so-popular Heineken, and if you thought it could only get better, Fosters! Coffee available to order too.

Bar service was very good, the 2 bar tenders regularly came round to check on guests and top up drinks without needing to ask. Not so quick to clear away plates (although this was the bar area not the dining area).

Services
Wifi: Yes, worked well, around 2-3 MB/s download speed.
Showers: Yes
Toilets: Yes
Quiet zone: Yes
Loungers/sleep area: Didn't notice any.
Business area: Apparently so, but again didn't notice.
Spa: Massages available for purchase, 75 AED for a short (20-30 mins? Can't remember). 150 AED for a longer one, again can't remember the duration.
TV area: Several screens in all the areas, although all screens were silent from what I could tell.
Passengers are called: No
Information screen: Yes
Newspapers: Didn't notice

Other information
Number of seats: 100 - 150?
Level of noise: Loud in the bar (although it was from 2 noisy groups when we arrived, it was much quieter after they left). Reasonably quiet in the dining and third room.
Design: Long corridor passing three rooms, each separated from each other by a wall. The first room seems to be the quiet room and more enclosed from the corridor. Second room is the dining area, fully open to the corridor. Final room is the bar area with a small opening from the corridor I guess to reduce the amount of noise escaping which seemed to work.

View: No windows
Multi floors: No
Terrace: No
Smoking area: No
Direct boarding: No