Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ciumpy
Have you seen similar 50% cashback in the past ? Best I've got in the last 2 years was 10%
50% is a first, but over the last 2 years, we had the 10% as mentioned but also some other interesting ones but I forgot what were the modalities. Of course, we have to realize that all the offers we had during the last 2 years may not be as frequent from now, as they were a way to incentive people to travel during Covid. Nowadays, there’s no incentive needed when you see how the flights are packed.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: Some...
I also got a few offers to get 500€ cashback when spending 3000€ in Business or 300€ cashback when sending 2000€ in PE.
Same rules applied : direct R/T flight from Paris.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by xtof
T
Worth paying the Amex Platinum annual fee in these conditions. ;-)
The deal was also available in France for gold and silver AF/FB amex holders.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:25 am

Why there are no such offers to the Dutch cards?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Erased

Last edited by carnarvon; Jun 14, 2022 at 10:04 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Because life is too unfair.
jerry_greece likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lloydje33
That email is the first step. Expect the card to be arriving in ~5 business days afterwards. However, if you use Apple Pay, the card on your iPhone/Watch will automatically update after being approved. Therefore you can already use the card a few days prior to receiving the actual one.
Much appreciated. Noticed the Apple Pay being updated today. Haven't used it (also since I don't actually know the new card number yet) but am now hopeful of my chances of the card arriving before next travel this weekend. Otherwise I'll be using Apple pay a whole lot the upcoming weeks, haha. Thanks!
lloydje33 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:49 am

I have a question for the french Amex owners. Can someone please confirm that you are not required to declare your Amex to the Tax office. Thank you!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:10 am

I have a question for the french Amex owners. Can someone please confirm that you are not required to declare your Amex to the Tax office. Thank you!
Which tax office do you have in mind?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I meant the yearly revenue declaration on impots.gouv.fr
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I meant the yearly revenue declaration on impots.gouv.fr
no- why would you have to declare it? It’s a form of payment not a bank account.
That said you can be fairly sure they can see what you put on it…and certain the monthly withdrawals….
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by carnarvon
What tax offices do you have in mind?

Regarding the original question, an american express is not a foreign bank account so no need to declare it. It's not even a bank account at all.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:17 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Is it not? One can have a positive balance on the card, and one receives (theoretically) also interest on that balance. Plus obviously the card allows to withdraw money from the balance. There are quite a few similarities with a regular checking account..
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
(...) There are quite a few similarities with a regular checking account..
Definitely.

Some Amex customers have even (ab)used this similarity with a bank account. Amex turned a blind eye to the practice, till they got fined by the ACPR.

Anyhow, even if it were considered as a bank account (which it is not), there would be no need to declare it to the French tax office (FISC).

Not only no need, but it would be impossible. There is nowhere to enter this information. The only bank accounts that French tax payers must (and can) declare are foreign bank accounts. Not French ones.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
The only financial accounts (bank, cards, crypto wallets, etc.) you need to declare are those located outside of France, so if you got a Revolut or N26 card, or a foreign Amex, you'd need to declare it on a separate form ("Déclaration par un résident d’un compte bancaire, d’actifs numériques ou d'une assurance-vie à l'étranger").

Accounts in France, including French Amex, shouldn't be declared.
Xandrios likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.