Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Thanks, but I cannot find this. I tried both in english and in french.
regarding period, I only have two options. Either "last month" or "this year". I do no find the "Select period" option. Do I do something wrong? This has been the case for a while.
It is there!

Look again. It's "Select Period" or "Sélectionner la période" above "Last Month"/"Mois derniere" (see image)

Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It is there!

Look again. It's "Select Period" or "Sélectionner la période" above "Last Month"/"Mois derniere" (see image)

How silly of me; I thought that select period was just the title and that the choices were "last month" or last "year". Thank you VERY much for your patient help. Very useful.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
The FB 'Mileage Summary' page seems to have been updated, and now includes:
  • Card Number:
  • Membership Level:
  • Award Miles Balance:
  • Level Miles Balance(1):
  • Qualiflying Flights(2):
  • (1) incl. Level Miles carried over from 2011:
  • Current Level Miles to carry over to 2013:

However, for both myself (FB Plat) and Mrs KQ321 (FB Gold), the carry over amounts from 2011 are shown as 0 (although I am fairly sure we should both have a carry over), and the carry over for 2013 for Mrs KQ321 is also 0 (although she has already passed the Gold threshold).

Does anyone else have a carry over amount showing correctly? Or should I assume that the 0s are just an IT glitch which will be sorted out in due course?

Incidentally, although the (1) note is explained, I can't see the (2) note explained anywhere...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
Same thing with my account, shows 0 carried over from 2011 when it should be around 4.000.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't worry, they have put the nice placeholders in, but they haven't populated them with the correct data yet.

Wonder if they will eventually penalise those who fail to make the thresholds by introducing a "rollunder"?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Same thing for me, a nice 0, in Bold and Orange colored, in that new field where I expected to see around 10.000
With the end of status miles with Amex I'm looking forward getting those, even flying each week within France at "Abonné" rate I can only pretend after 41 return flights to Gold Status !
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:57 am

Programs: KLM-Flying Blue Gold
AAARRRGGGHHH! Got my roll over miles today from 2011. Total level miles 0! although I finished 2011 with 54000 level miles(40,000 for gold) should of had 14,000 rolled over. Not sure who I can contact to get this fixed.

Hughdal
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hughdal
AAARRRGGGHHH! Got my roll over miles today from 2011. Total level miles 0! although I finished 2011 with 54000 level miles(40,000 for gold) should of had 14,000 rolled over. Not sure who I can contact to get this fixed.

Hughdal
Nobody.

They haven't been rolled over yet.

All they've done is introduced the new design with the placeholders for the miles for when they do get around to rolling them over.

Admittedly, it would have been better if they'd chosen to display something like "coming soon" instead of just 0.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Maybe their IT budgets are squeezed and they are using the production environment for testing purposes as well. I trust that they will fix the numbers sooner or later, but rolling out website updates that show wrong data is not professional.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Hughdal

Hughdal
Relax, so far there have been no reports of any miles actually showing up in this field for any Silver or Gold members (and for the Plat members it only shows the amount of miles that they had from the beginning of the year, not the 45000 more they can expect). So I guess they only have put the infrastructure in place but not yet actually started to credit the rollover level miles from last year. I would only start getting worried once a lot of people have been credited their rollover miles and your account (or mine, for that matter ;-)) still shows 0.

In the meantime as a proactive measure you might want to follow the steps described above by irishguy28 to save a copy of your 2011 miles balance...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: KLM-Flying Blue Gold
Thanks Irishguy28 for the explanation.

Hughdal
Old Jun 18, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: KLM FlyingBlue Pt, Marriott Pt
I notice on the website that my "Level Miles carried over from 2011" is now highlighted in red
The number is the same though - might be movement in the right direction ?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brobdignag
I notice on the website that my "Level Miles carried over from 2011" is now highlighted in red
The number is the same though - might be movement in the right direction ?
Are you sure that's it's red, and not orange?

It has been red/orange from the very moment this was added - see NickoSnow's post (including screen grab) in this thread

Regardless of any possible colour change, I don't think this signals any "movement in the right direction" - only non-zero numbers (or explanatory text) replacing the 0 would count as that sort of movement, in my book!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: KLM FlyingBlue Pt, Marriott Pt
On closer inspection it is orange. And I just didn't note it before
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Included

This morning, in France, " Incl. Level Miles carried over from 2011" are included ! ^

Last edited by delanotre; Jun 20, 2012 at 12:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.