Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue PLT, Vietnam Airlines GLP PLT, Accor PLT
No carryover for 2014

I may have misunderstood about carrying over level miles from one year to the other. From my recollection some posts were claiming that level miles would be carried over multiple years. Either there is a glitch in the system or some furthercoming updates are yet to come. Here's below my miles statement:

Solde de Miles-Statut 73629 Miles
Vols qualifiants 0 vols
Date de la dernière transaction 28-12-2012
Y compris les Miles-Statut reportés de 2012 73629 Miles
Miles-Statut actuels à reporter sur 2014 0 miles

My address is out of France which means I would have expected 3629 level miles to be rolled over 2014. Any idea if it will happen later this year or the furthest level miles can be carried over is the following year?

Thanks
P.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Miles carried over to 2014 will be whatever you achieve once you pass the Platinum level in 2013.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
Miles carried over to 2014 will be whatever you achieve once you pass the Platinum level in 2013.
I misunderstood it too. Looks like carryover is only for one year.

I begin to wonder, if I earn 75K level miles in 2013 and has 80K rollover from 2012, do I get to rollover 75K level miles or 5K?

Last edited by TerryK; Jan 1, 2013 at 9:38 pm
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Angry

Is that right?

So earning over 140,000 level miles in any given year is pointless, from the perspective of maintaining platinum status, correct? You'd get the platinum status in the year n+1, but you wouldn't have anything above 140,000 carried over to year n+2?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vitali
...So earning over 140,000 level miles in any given year is pointless, from the perspective of maintaining platinum status, correct? You'd get the platinum status in the year n+1, but you wouldn't have anything above 140,000 carried over to year n+2?
It could be interpreted this way. I am confused too.

every Level Mile you have earned above the minimum number of Miles required to maintain your current level will be carried over to the next year,
https://www.airfrance.us/X02/en/loca...te_devenir.htm
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:31 am

With 73629 Miles the plat level should already be secured by now since I'm living outside France...
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by promster
With 73629 Miles the plat level should already be secured by now since I'm living outside France...
Yes you are set for this year. And every mile you fly this year will go towards 2014.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Yes you are set for this year. And every mile you fly this year will go towards 2014.
Right but promster's 3,639 miles will not count towards 2014, it seems?

That would be terrible for me - I have 50k of those (finished the year with ~190).
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vitali
Right but promster's 3,639 miles will not count towards 2014, it seems?

That would be terrible for me - I have 50k of those (finished the year with ~190).
It seems that way, but please don't count on my understanding as authoritative. You should give FB a call if you want to be sure.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Same problem for me. I have 126000 status miles carried over from 2012 but it shows 0 carried over to 2014 when it should be 56000.

I had specifically called AF last year regarding this and was told that status miles could be carried over to multiple years.

I hope this is yet another bug. As if it were not the case I'd be extremely furious at AF !
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Perhaps Flying Blue (if they ever read these threads) would be advised to remove the "Miles carried over to 201X" line from everyone's profile.

We had the exact same uproar in the middle of last year, when the line was shown in everyone's account before they had actually implemented whatever was required to show the correct value.

However, I think it's somewhat funny that people are now worrying/complaining about something that they should at least suspect is not a problem, given that the actual problem (if there is one) will not occur for another 363 days, and that [except where people do not intend to fly again during the course of 2013] any value displayed there now will not be the value that is actually applied come 2014.

Only the value that is displayed in that field on 31 December 2013 is the value that "matters". Hence, FB - remove this line from people's accounts!!!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: FB Plat - Amex Cent.
it was the same last year ... rollovers miles took some time to post correctly !
We're only the 2nd of jan
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
However, I think it's somewhat funny that people are now worrying/complaining about something that they should at least suspect is not a problem, given that the actual problem (if there is one) will not occur for another 363 days, and that [except where people do not intend to fly again during the course of 2013] any value displayed there now will not be the value that is actually applied come 2014.
+1
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
We had the exact same uproar in the middle of last year, when the line was shown in everyone's account before they had actually implemented whatever was required to show the correct value.

Only the value that is displayed in that field on 31 December 2013 is the value that "matters". Hence, FB - remove this line from people's accounts!!!
I decided not to start a new topic on this matter since reasons for not displaying the miles to be carried over 2014 were unclear. As said in my first post I was suspecting a glitch/delay in the system. And still I couldn't be sure. I have been following this topic since the programme update was announced but even after reading all posts it was still unclear to me whether or not level miles rollover would apply for one or more years. Even asking FB didn't helped since I got a different story depending on the staff answering.

Regarding level miles to be carried from 2012 to 2013, the figures were available on Dec 31 2012 and they have been transferred as early as the 1st of Jan 2013 so were the miles to be transferred from 2012 to 2014. It took an extra day for those to appear since miles to be carried over 2014 has been updated this morning.

Last edited by promster; Jan 3, 2013 at 12:09 am
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by promster
Regarding level miles to be carried from 2012 to 2013, the figures were available on Dec 31 2012 and they have been transferred as early as the 1st of Jan 2013 so were the miles to be transferred from 2012 to 2014. It took an extra day for those to appear since miles to be carried over 2014 has been updated this morning.
Glad it worked out for you. I was suspicious of the extra year carry over as it is very generous (remember the word generous?) of FB. I wish BA had something like this with TP's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.