Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
If they introduce this carry-over concept now, I would assume that the first time it will be relevant is for the transition from 2012 to 2013, and not retrospectively for 2011 to 2012.
Actually I just called them to double-check, and they confirmed that it's going to be applicable to 2011 miles. I.e., if you started 2012 with any carried-over miles from 2011 (which would have been any and all of your miles above 115,000) then expect a 45,000 bonus (=115,000-70,000) in june.

And still, wait and see... Not used to good news coming from FB.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I clarified this some posts later.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Yony
Do you mean mid-2012? Is that on the French language Facebook link?
yes, sorry 2012!! I'm getting old!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Vitali
Actually I just called them to double-check, and they confirmed that it's going to be applicable to 2011 miles. I.e., if you started 2012 with any carried-over miles from 2011 (which would have been any and all of your miles above 115,000) then expect a 45,000 bonus (=115,000-70,000) in june.

And still, wait and see... Not used to good news coming from FB.
Indeed, and it is also explicitly mentioned on the support of the new plat cards (and presumably other levels as well but I just realised that they seem to adapt the support to each level now, which is more clever than what used to be done some years ago. Again, a little thing to suggest that the current FB leadership is, in my view, trying to offer a few real improvements to the programme)
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Does anyone know if we will be able to carry over miles to more than a year?

Example:

If you earn 210.000 status miles in one year, will you carry over 140.000 miles to the following year and then 70.000 to year+2?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by fredsxb
Does anyone know if we will be able to carry over miles to more than a year?

Example:

If you earn 210.000 status miles in one year, will you carry over 140.000 miles to the following year and then 70.000 to year+2?
It's already the case so i don't see any reason why it should change (as in, so far, if you have 250,000 miles in year 1, you'd carry 135,000 in year 2 and would continue to carry over 20,000 in year 3.)
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
That would be extremely good news for me...

If I do my maths correctly:

I, first, qualified for Platinum status, in October 2005.
Hence if, in 2014, I qualify for Platinum status in 2015, I will have reached 10 years of consecutive Platinum status: 2006 (1) - 2007 (2) - 2008 (3) - 2009 (4) - 2010 (5) - 2011 (6) - 2012 (7) - 2013 (8) - 2014 (9) - 2015 (10)

Since I earned 250K status miles in 2011, that would mean I would carry over 180K to 2012, 110K to 2013 & 40K to 2014. So if between now and the end of 2014, I earn 30K that would make Platinum for life, right?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Since I earned 250K status miles in 2011, that would mean I would carry over 180K to 2012, 110K to 2013 & 40K to 2014. So if between now and the end of 2014, I earn 30K that would make Platinum for life, right?
Possibly. I certainly hope so for you.

I feel robbed from my surplus miles I earned 2004-2010, which were usually in the 20-30K range. I'm going to struggle to get to Platinum this year, even with the 7K miles carried over from last year, and just need one more year of plat to get to be a lifer.

In addition I've pushed business towards one-star after making plat each year, If you count that as well, I would have been there already :-(

BTW, this benefit is mentioned in the cover leaflet of my 2012 card, which I got yesterday
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
Just read the facebook link. Yes, it says the rollover miles from the 2011 balance will be taken into account mid-2012. So they start with the benefit earlier than I expected because I thought they would not introduce the benefit retrospectively. Maybe people were so annoyed about the credit card change that they felt they had to speed it up. (At least I have no other explanation for this. Normally you would expect an airline to introduce a benefit only when it serves as an incentive for future behaviour.)
That might be it. There are lots of us who are angry about losing the credit card EQM's, so at least we'll get a little boost from the extra spending we did last year.

How can we tell what our EQM total was from last year?

I just hope that this isn't all a precursor to eliminating LTPE. That would take me beyond angry.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
That might be it. There are lots of us who are angry about losing the credit card EQM's, so at least we'll get a little boost from the extra spending we did last year.

I just hope that this isn't all a precursor to eliminating LTPE. That would take me beyond angry.
Taking away LTPE would certainly be suicide for Flying Blue. How could they take it away less than 10 years after they introduced it (since it takes 10 years to become LTPE)?

Some members have already qualified thanks to the miles they had accrued before this benefit was introduced.

But in all fairness, taking it away before it even became possible for pax to reach it after they became aware of it, would be of the worst nature (certainly not generous).
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
But in all fairness, taking it away before it even became possible for pax to reach it after they became aware of it, would be of the worst nature (certainly not generous).
Who told you FB was fair? And it's only generous by nature, and technically speaking, nature is better off without flying.

Kidding aside, I agree with you, but looking at the April fools changes, followed by the Amex-contract-changes I'm not sure what FB is going to do.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Brobbel
Who told you FB was fair? And it's only generous by nature, and technically speaking, nature is better off without flying.

Kidding aside, I agree with you, but looking at the April fools changes, followed by the Amex-contract-changes I'm not sure what FB is going to do.
As I should be reaching LTPE in 2014, I would certainly feel cheated by FB should they take it away before that. I certainly would not have flown AF so frequently if it were not for this incentive... Should they take it away, I would strive not to fly AF anymore.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sorry I brought it up! Let's pretend I never wrote anything about LTPE going away.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by stimpy

They never said that EQM earned with french Amex until 2011/9 will count for that special "boost"...
And what about that special lowered level for Platinum:
"Platinum members benefit even more, since we have also lowered the threshold for carrying forward their level Miles. So they carry forward a greater number of extra Miles, which will automatically appear from mid-2012 in their account."
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by delanotre
They never said that EQM earned with french Amex until 2011/9 will count for that special "boost"...
Well they never said that they would differentiate status miles earned by flying and through credit card purchases in 2011. They said they would carry forward status miles in excess of 70K which makes it pretty clear to me that they're not going to subtract status miles earned through Amex purchases.

Many people would be absolutely mad at them if they were to do so!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.