[email protected] in Europe 1/2/3

Old Aug 19, 11, 8:04 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seoul, Korea
Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Posts: 65
[email protected] in Europe 1/2/3

Not sure if this should go into the "award booking issues" thread...

Basically, when I look up, say, ICN->CDG, I can easily get the direct AF flight at full price in miles, but not the connecting KLM flight, ICN->AMS->CDG at [email protected] price - it doesn't even show up in the results.

Now when I look up ICN->AMS, [email protected] availability is there (direct KLM flight at 50% of the miles); and in my experience I've never seen the "post-acheminement" flights (ie AMS->CDG in this case) be the bottleneck for these tickets.

In the past (and I've done this at least 3 times now), I would book the "main" [email protected] flight, and then call FB and argue for an hour (literally), and they would add the connecting flight manually (and charge me the additional taxes) even though they're "not supposed to touch [email protected] tickets".

Is there an easier way? Is there a way of making it work online? Or does anyone have a "script" that works well when talking to FB on the phone?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts

Vitali
Vitali is offline  
Old Aug 20, 11, 5:00 am
  #2  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted by Vitali View Post
Not sure if this should go into the "award booking issues" thread...

Basically, when I look up, say, ICN->CDG, I can easily get the direct AF flight at full price in miles, but not the connecting KLM flight, ICN->AMS->CDG at [email protected] price - it doesn't even show up in the results.

Now when I look up ICN->AMS, [email protected] availability is there (direct KLM flight at 50% of the miles); and in my experience I've never seen the "post-acheminement" flights (ie AMS->CDG in this case) be the bottleneck for these tickets.

In the past (and I've done this at least 3 times now), I would book the "main" [email protected] flight, and then call FB and argue for an hour (literally), and they would add the connecting flight manually (and charge me the additional taxes) even though they're "not supposed to touch [email protected] tickets".

Is there an easier way? Is there a way of making it work online? Or does anyone have a "script" that works well when talking to FB on the phone?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts

Vitali
I had a similar experience, but not with a promo award. I wanted to book AMS-SFO via CDG award ticket and I got nothing. When I tried CDG-SFO it give me a premium voyageur seat. I called FB and after some hassle they added the AMS-CDG leg, so I could fly AMS-CDG-SFO.
kevinflyaway is offline  
Old Aug 20, 11, 11:43 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seoul, Korea
Programs: Flying Blue, Mileage Plus
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway View Post
I had a similar experience, but not with a promo award. I wanted to book AMS-SFO via CDG award ticket and I got nothing. When I tried CDG-SFO it give me a premium voyageur seat. I called FB and after some hassle they added the AMS-CDG leg, so I could fly AMS-CDG-SFO.
At least with a regular ticket they can do it. Officially, they're not supposed to be changing [email protected], so that requires a lot of hassle.
Vitali is offline  
Old Aug 21, 11, 1:48 am
  #4  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted by Vitali View Post
At least with a regular ticket they can do it. Officially, they're not supposed to be changing [email protected], so that requires a lot of hassle.
Yes, I understand that. I just wanted to say that the online system sometimes isn't correct, so they should do it anyway. But KL telephone staff are keeping more and more to the rules, instead of bending the rules since the website isn't working correct.
kevinflyaway is offline  
Old Aug 21, 11, 3:07 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 24,545
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway View Post
Yes, I understand that. I just wanted to say that the online system sometimes isn't correct, so they should do it anyway.
I've never had the FB team refusing to help me for a promo award when my phone was the result of a computer glitch (not unfrequent). They've even always been very nice and apologetic on these particular cases.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Aug 21, 11, 5:12 am
  #6  

2019 Secret Santa
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rotterdam
Programs: American Express Platinum, Flying Blue Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
I've never had the FB team refusing to help me for a promo award when my phone was the result of a computer glitch (not unfrequent). They've even always been very nice and apologetic on these particular cases.

Isn't it just who you get on the phone? Last time I wanted to book a DL156 flight (normal booking-no award), which wasn't showing up on any KL or AF website. The girl on the phone had to search for 15 minutes and then told me I had to pay the 25 booking fee. So I tell here the website doesn't work and it should be 10. In the end I had to threaten with a written complaint about the supervisor of duty, since she wasn't willing to grant the girl the permission to change the fee.

The old days they just put it in the PNR and booked it for 10
kevinflyaway is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread