Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

New Terms and Conditions for Flying Blue starting on September 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Terms and Conditions for Flying Blue starting on September 2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat / SPG Plat / Hilton Silver
Exclamation New Terms and Conditions for Flying Blue starting on September 2011

Hi all,

Have you noticed in the flying blue news the flash info (on the right side) stating that the Flying Blue Terms and conditions will evolve by September 2011 ?
It is stated to check the new T&Cs in Airfrance or KLM site, but I failed to find a specific page where the changes are explained.

Anybody has more news ?

Otherwise, do you want to try a small guess-game about what will be the next 'improvements' of the program ?
I propose:
- no more miles when you fly in coach, and only 50% when you fly business Z
- no more primes@promo
- business seats primes at 5x the number of miles of coach

Cheers
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pwrzecio
Hi all,

Have you noticed in the flying blue news the flash info (on the right side) stating that the Flying Blue Terms and conditions will evolve by September 2011 ?
It is stated to check the new T&Cs in Airfrance or KLM site, but I failed to find a specific page where the changes are explained.

Anybody has more news ?

Otherwise, do you want to try a small guess-game about what will be the next 'improvements' of the program ?
I propose:
- no more miles when you fly in coach, and only 50% when you fly business Z
- no more primes@promo
- business seats primes at 5x the number of miles of coach

Cheers
Indeed, it is well hidden but frightening. Why don't they announce ahead of time (as other FFPs) so that we could act before the changes.
My guess was:
- double the number of segments needed to get elite

But these are not specified in the T&Cs. More likely is the removal of status miles for French AMEX card (as stated in T&Cs). This might suggest that any AMEX miles earned AFTER September 1 will not count towards status. So rush to spend my friends...
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed, it is well hidden but frightening. Why don't they announce ahead of time (as other FFPs) so that we could act before the changes.
Sounds like they're learning from their American friends in ATL. (Although we did at least get one week's notice before the latest "enhancement".)
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Sounds like they're learning from their American friends in ATL. (Although we did at least get one week's notice before the latest "enhancement".)
You mean the redepositing of award miles?

If they are "further enhancing" the Flying Blue product they sure kept it pretty well hidden this time.
I actually hope they are going to enhance the product in stead of trimming away the few good things.

Gajan

EDIT: does anyone have any time to contact the Flying Blue Service Center to find out what it happening? (link: http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news.html)

Last edited by Gajan; Aug 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm Reason: Add question
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: FB Plat Lifetimer / Air NZ Airpoints
EDIT: does anyone have any time to contact the Flying Blue Service Center to find out what it happening? (link: http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news.html)[/QUOTE]

I've called Flying Blue this evening (Thursday) and the service agent did not have any information! Sent an email to Mr. Veschuren...he's on holiday...now hoping Ms. Birem will be kind enough to answer my redirected email ASAP.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by AMac

I've called Flying Blue this evening (Thursday) and the service agent did not have any information! Sent an email to Mr. Veschuren...he's on holiday...now hoping Ms. Birem will be kind enough to answer my redirected email ASAP.
The impression that I got from Isabelle during the meeting in April is that they were trying to improve the programme.

I am very curious to see what they come up with.

Gajan
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan
The impression that I got from Isabelle during the meeting in April is that they were trying to improve the programme.

Gajan
The cheaper Alize COI is now 125%.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
The clear objective is to put back Flying Blue as a FFP, thus restricting all other options to gain Miles/Status (cf AMEX).

But in the end, people flying the airline will get rewarded accordingly. At least I hope so.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Mysterious indeed. I think that the French AMEX element is the obvious change but I would like to know about the rest. I shared Gajan's impression at the April meeting, but historically, FB has not made me very optimistic so hope they will correct this impression now.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Mokshu
The clear objective is to put back Flying Blue as a FFP, thus restricting all other options to gain Miles/Status (cf AMEX).

But in the end, people flying the airline will get rewarded accordingly. At least I hope so.

100% earnings in discount economy would be a good start
Old Aug 19, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: KL Platinum
I called the Service Center yesterday, and they "assured me" that nothing is going to change. Even when the agent was looking at the webpage with the notice. She even said that this might be a problem with the website (!).
It's really weird how they (non) communicate, both internally and externally...!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
You mean the redepositing of award miles?
The redeposit only before departure thing wasn't a big deal for most of us. It's the no changes within 72 hours of departure that's got a massive thread and some true HVCs (I'm nowhere near an HVC) leaving DL.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 4:10 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mtkeller
It's the no changes within 72 hours of departure that's got a massive thread and some true HVCs (I'm nowhere near an HVC) leaving DL.
Yes, but not just that. The fact that it was enveloped in an insulting communication made it a lot worse. There are ways to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively with your customers, and there's the DL way.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
... and possibly the FB way, as well.

WHY am I finding out (or not, as the case may be) about impending changes from FlyerTalk instead of FB?

Any half-way decent membership organisation would let its members know direct. (OK, OK, I know. FB isn't a half-way decent membership organisation ...)
Old Aug 19, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: KL Platinum
... And now they have removed the notice from the website!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.