FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   New Terms and Conditions for Flying Blue starting on September 2011 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1249057-new-terms-conditions-flying-blue-starting-september-2011-a.html)

Pwrzecio Aug 18, 2011 9:44 am

New Terms and Conditions for Flying Blue starting on September 2011

Hi all,

Have you noticed in the flying blue news the flash info (on the right side) stating that the Flying Blue Terms and conditions will evolve by September 2011 ?
It is stated to check the new T&Cs in Airfrance or KLM site, but I failed to find a specific page where the changes are explained.

Anybody has more news ?

Otherwise, do you want to try a small guess-game about what will be the next 'improvements' of the program ?
I propose:
- no more miles when you fly in coach, and only 50% when you fly business Z
- no more primes@promo
- business seats primes at 5x the number of miles of coach

Cheers

brunos Aug 18, 2011 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Pwrzecio (Post 16946917)
Hi all,

Have you noticed in the flying blue news the flash info (on the right side) stating that the Flying Blue Terms and conditions will evolve by September 2011 ?
It is stated to check the new T&Cs in Airfrance or KLM site, but I failed to find a specific page where the changes are explained.

Anybody has more news ?

Otherwise, do you want to try a small guess-game about what will be the next 'improvements' of the program ?
I propose:
- no more miles when you fly in coach, and only 50% when you fly business Z
- no more primes@promo
- business seats primes at 5x the number of miles of coach

Cheers

Indeed, it is well hidden but frightening. Why don't they announce ahead of time (as other FFPs) so that we could act before the changes.
My guess was:
- double the number of segments needed to get elite

But these are not specified in the T&Cs. More likely is the removal of status miles for French AMEX card (as stated in T&Cs). This might suggest that any AMEX miles earned AFTER September 1 will not count towards status. So rush to spend my friends...

mtkeller Aug 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by brunos (Post 16947521)
Indeed, it is well hidden but frightening. Why don't they announce ahead of time (as other FFPs) so that we could act before the changes.

Sounds like they're learning from their American friends in ATL. (Although we did at least get one week's notice before the latest "enhancement".)

Gajan Aug 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 16948095)
Sounds like they're learning from their American friends in ATL. (Although we did at least get one week's notice before the latest "enhancement".)

You mean the redepositing of award miles?

If they are "further enhancing" the Flying Blue product they sure kept it pretty well hidden this time.
I actually hope they are going to enhance the product in stead of trimming away the few good things.

Gajan

EDIT: does anyone have any time to contact the Flying Blue Service Center to find out what it happening? (link: http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news.html)

AMac Aug 18, 2011 12:48 pm

EDIT: does anyone have any time to contact the Flying Blue Service Center to find out what it happening? (link: http://www.flyingbluenews.com/news.html)[/QUOTE]

I've called Flying Blue this evening (Thursday) and the service agent did not have any information! Sent an email to Mr. Veschuren...he's on holiday...now hoping Ms. Birem will be kind enough to answer my redirected email ASAP.

Gajan Aug 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by AMac (Post 16948214)

I've called Flying Blue this evening (Thursday) and the service agent did not have any information! Sent an email to Mr. Veschuren...he's on holiday...now hoping Ms. Birem will be kind enough to answer my redirected email ASAP.

The impression that I got from Isabelle during the meeting in April is that they were trying to improve the programme.

I am very curious to see what they come up with.

Gajan

jmbfrance Aug 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan (Post 16948439)
The impression that I got from Isabelle during the meeting in April is that they were trying to improve the programme.

Gajan

The cheaper Alize COI is now 125%.

Mokshu Aug 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan (Post 16948439)

The clear objective is to put back Flying Blue as a FFP, thus restricting all other options to gain Miles/Status (cf AMEX).

But in the end, people flying the airline will get rewarded accordingly. At least I hope so.

orbitmic Aug 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Mysterious indeed. I think that the French AMEX element is the obvious change but I would like to know about the rest. I shared Gajan's impression at the April meeting, but historically, FB has not made me very optimistic so hope they will correct this impression now.

Hannibal Lecter Aug 19, 2011 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Mokshu (Post 16948968)
The clear objective is to put back Flying Blue as a FFP, thus restricting all other options to gain Miles/Status (cf AMEX).

But in the end, people flying the airline will get rewarded accordingly. At least I hope so.

100% earnings in discount economy would be a good start ;)

Stoontje Aug 19, 2011 1:31 am

I called the Service Center yesterday, and they "assured me" that nothing is going to change. Even when the agent was looking at the webpage with the notice. She even said that this might be a problem with the website (!).
It's really weird how they (non) communicate, both internally and externally...!

mtkeller Aug 19, 2011 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Gajan (Post 16948130)
You mean the redepositing of award miles?

The redeposit only before departure thing wasn't a big deal for most of us. It's the no changes within 72 hours of departure that's got a massive thread and some true HVCs (I'm nowhere near an HVC) leaving DL.

florin Aug 19, 2011 4:10 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 16952184)
It's the no changes within 72 hours of departure that's got a massive thread and some true HVCs (I'm nowhere near an HVC) leaving DL.

Yes, but not just that. The fact that it was enveloped in an insulting communication made it a lot worse. There are ways to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively with your customers, and there's the DL way.

Roger Aug 19, 2011 4:55 am

... and possibly the FB way, as well. :rolleyes:

WHY am I finding out (or not, as the case may be) about impending changes from FlyerTalk instead of FB? :mad:

Any half-way decent membership organisation would let its members know direct. (OK, OK, I know. FB isn't a half-way decent membership organisation ...)

Stoontje Aug 19, 2011 5:09 am

... And now they have removed the notice from the website!